April 30, 2024, 01:47:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Hosting/Disk Storage Questions  (Read 146494 times)
mack88
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2006, 08:45:08 PM »

Hi Everyone,

Having problems with Website.ws hosting my site (without sitebuilder).  I want to upload my own files - as I have done already.  I have uploaded index.html however going to my domain www.rodrigosoto.ws shows the page 'underconstruction'.  Am i missing something here?

Kind Regards
Rodrigo Soto

Be patient!  You must wait approx...24 hours from the time you decide to use the hosting feature.  After that...you will see your directory page and will have the ability to upload your files.

Frank
KatySmith

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2006, 06:00:38 AM »

Well I have a ?? here!! If I use the sitebuilder can I also use the hosting feature. If not how can I publish my site??
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2006, 06:56:37 AM »

Yup what Frank Said its called DNS propagation. It did occur to me to ask if you had switched the site to the hosting option in the control panel?
Rene_B

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2006, 03:14:19 AM »

Hi there,
I originaly used sire builder to create couple of pages. But now I am trying to upload pages via FTP using the Hosting option. I received my login & hoting address, and I uploaded a sample index.htm within the moneywhileusleep.ws folder.....but when I type in my domain in explorer, I get my previous page from site builder....I unchecked publish box and even tried to delete the page but it doesnt want to delete...please have look and help me with this...
I imediately got access to my hosting folder through FTP......do I have to wait 24 hrs for propagation??

cheers

Hi Everyone,

Having problems with Website.ws hosting my site (without sitebuilder).  I want to upload my own files - as I have done already.  I have uploaded index.html however going to my domain www.rodrigosoto.ws shows the page 'underconstruction'.  Am i missing something here?

Kind Regards
Rodrigo Soto

Be patient!  You must wait approx...24 hours from the time you decide to use the hosting feature.  After that...you will see your directory page and will have the ability to upload your files.

Frank
KieronGarvey

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2006, 04:32:05 AM »

Hi,

My problem is that i do not use my current website address and have decided not to. But i have developed a website which is nearly finished and i want to know if it is possible for me to change my Domain name??

Kieron
Matthew Green

"Stop thinking about it, Start doing it"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2006, 08:17:00 AM »

Hi,

My problem is that i do not use my current website address and have decided not to. But i have developed a website which is nearly finished and i want to know if it is possible for me to change my Domain name??

Kieron
Hello,
As far as I am aware you can not change your Domain name, what you can do is direct 1 domain to another.. So person puts in address 1 and ends up at Address 2..

The other option would be to replace 1 Website with the other..  If you are using SiteBuilder you will need to do a lot of Copy + Paste for this, but if you are Hosting your Website, which I see in another post, you are not... But if you are hosting for your New Website, you can just Upload it to the SERVER and you will be fine.. NEW WEBSITE, same address..

Regards,

Regards,
mack88
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2006, 08:22:34 AM »

Hi,

Kieron

You must purchase a new domain name.  After purchasing the new one, cancel the old one.  Go to your Members area and purchase the new one.  Then click on support, choose canceling from the drop down menu.  From there let Support know that you want to cancel your domain name.  Make sure you tell them which one you want to cancel and it will be done almost immediately.

Frank
Matthew Green

"Stop thinking about it, Start doing it"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2006, 09:34:08 PM »

Hi,

just hit the refresh button in your browser... This sometimes works... The old page is still present until you refresh...

Also make sure you have set your Domain to Hosting...  If you can access your sitebuilder you are not set for hosting...

Regards,

Regards,
Cleveland_Paige

Success Starts In Your Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2006, 09:52:27 AM »

Greetings To All New .WS Owners and Affiliates:

I've just built my website, started on the date of 2006-FEB-26th, and as each day passes, I have newer more inventive ways of causing my website to appear more appealing and representable.  However, the question that does come into view, in my years of Internet Website Forums and Community Boards that I presently partner with, and administer, is once your site is published, and presented to the world wide web as a whole, is it hackable? 

Knowing that websites on the Net do fall under such malicious attacks and threats globally, what steps and stages, and procedures...protocols, if you will, are set in place currently to prevent the "downfall" of our property (internet/virtual real estate in the forms of .WS sites) during such instances?

We all have friends and foes that are either there to help us or harm us, and frankly, it does exist, especially during a time when hacking is and has become a world wide public enemy #1, apart from malicious programs like trojans, spyware, etc.

Thank you all for your comments on this matter.  Looking forward to intelligent and responsive feedback.

Cordially Yours,

Mr. Cleveland A. Paige, Jr.
LevelOne & PMI Incorporated, Deutschland
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 09:53:28 AM by Nicole Taylor » Logged

Cleveland_Paige

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2006, 05:52:28 AM »

Greetings and Good Morning All GDI Affiliates and .WS Owners:

I've been reading the Copyrights Booklets, PDFs and the sorts.

What is the approach of names of your websites, of the .WS Domain name endings?  My site, for instance, has microsoft in the domain name .  Am I in violation, and if so, do I need to make changes on my site as far as the Home page name, or should I keep it as is?  Would like some advice, as to stay and steer clear from any legal troubles.   

When making the name, I checked to see if that name is available, and it was, so, I registered it.  But, I don't want to get into any difficult legal issues.

Thanks for your answers, links, and connections of information, at your leisure.  There may be some copyright paragraphs and policies that I may have failed to read up on, and may have missed or overlooked them.  Appreciate the assistance, guidance and help. Wink

Cordially Yours In Success and Achievements,

Mr. Cleveland A. Paige, Jr.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 11:09:36 AM by Nicole Taylor » Logged

Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2006, 10:47:17 AM »

Hello,

"Company, Product, Service, and Domain Names

Do not use or register any Microsoft trademark, including Microsoft logos, symbols, icons, or any potentially confusing variation thereof as part of your company name, trade name, product name, service name, or domain name. Do not place your company name, trademarks, service marks, or product names next to (or combine them with) a Microsoft product name."

You may refer to Microsoft's Website and then trademark guidelines.

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
Cleveland_Paige

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2006, 08:05:27 PM »

Thank you for the rapid response.  Some of the copyrights here in Germany and the USA differ, but some are similar and say/speak the same thing.
Your reply is noted.

Mr. C. Paige

Cleveland_Paige

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2006, 08:05:28 PM »

BTW, how can I change an existing domain name, into one of my choice.....So, that I do not lose everything that is currently on that website?

Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2006, 10:07:51 AM »

Hello,

Log into your member's area and click on Request Support. Let them know you'd like to change your domain name.

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
LesT

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2006, 10:43:48 AM »

This is the first time I heard about PHP at GDI forum/website.
I was very, very sad to think that I had not access to it... I browsed member's site showcases and saw no traces of programming being used...

Still, without programming capabilities, GDI offer would left something to desire for the pro's...

On the other side, with PHP, I will stick with GDI and buy my domain when my trial period is over...

HI, I know the GDI website doesn't say anything about having php capabilities but we do as long as we are using the hosting option. I haven't created my main .ws site yet but I have created several pages that I use to promote and I am currently using several php scripts on my .ws domain and they work perfectly. I am thinking of building my entire main site using php mainly for ease of updating links etc later on. So far I am using php contact forms, php rotator scripts, and I am working on adding a few others as needed. If you would like to see examples of the php scripts im using message me and i'll send you the pages and the code if you want it. Cheers! Les
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: