March 19, 2024, 03:29:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Hosting/Disk Storage Questions  (Read 145298 times)
gdi
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2005, 04:31:15 PM »

Well stated, Tatjana!

Chip
Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2005, 04:37:35 PM »

Well stated, Tatjana!

Chip

Well, thank you Chip. But I'm really a bit worried. Didn't I forget something???

OK masterbuilders, maybe it's your turn now to explain some hosting things as I'm more SiteBuilder woman - LOL!!!

Truely yours!
Tatjana
 Cheesy

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
Kris_M

I'm a 25 year old chick. Deal w/ it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2005, 02:25:14 PM »

Not sure if  100MB is enough for a blog, but should be worth a try.

100MB is TONNES for a blog.  Bear in mind that blogs are mostly text, including HTML code (more text).  If there are images, they are reused on every page.  This means *very* little space.  My first website had about 30 pages and dozens of images.. and it all fit on a 1.44 MB 3¼" floppy disk.  Smiley

It will take you a very long time to make a blog fill up 100MB of space.
TrevorJohn

You need a dream for a dream to come true!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2005, 01:01:46 PM »

Thanks Tatjana

As a 'Newbie' myself, that list is going to be very helpful, not only to me, but I imagine to a lot of other newbies as well.

I am still finding out new things about this GDI business (I just look forward to the time when I can do this business 'full time' with a J.O.B. getting in the way!)

I have copied the list into word, and I think I am just starting to get my 'reference' folder organised!

WHAT A GREAT BUSINESS! THANKS GDI!

Trevor John

"You can have everything you want in life, if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
JuanBuitrago

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2005, 01:44:49 PM »

Hi:

I want to know the complete features of the hosting
that comes with the domain for free.

I know that is 100MB and 1GB of monthly transfers but
that's the only things that I know.
B Chappell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2005, 03:23:53 AM »

I used SmartFTP, which is free online< to transfer my own website I created with Microsoft Front Page 2003. The transfer is seamless and there is plenty of room for further growth. I am deeply impressed with what I get for $10.00 a month.

Brad

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." The Talmud
David_B

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2006, 04:24:00 AM »

I was wondering, I am a new member and want to build my site with front page and would like to know how to view the webpage when up loaded to the site.  When I up loaded the files through ftp to the address provided I still cannot see the page except if I would click on the link but the address still has ftp:// in front of it.

Can someone please help me?

Dave.
Matthew Green

"Stop thinking about it, Start doing it"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2006, 04:08:17 AM »

I had trouble Uploading to the GDI Server at first too.
I downloaded some software which allowed me to create a folder on the server.
You have to create a folder that is the same name as your domain -     yourdomain.ws for example.
Once you have created this folder you can then use the same software I mentioned earlier to Upload all your Web Pages to the server.
BTW your home page should be saved as index.html

hope this helps

Regards,
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2006, 04:52:34 AM »

Hmmm.

I am not sure about this. I suspect there is already a folder called www or publichtml

Your HTML stuff goes in there.
Matthew Green

"Stop thinking about it, Start doing it"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2006, 04:53:54 AM »

Hmmm.

I am not sure about this. I suspect there is already a folder called www or publichtml

Your HTML stuff goes in there.
yeah there is, but I was just using FrontPage at first to try to Upload. GDI admin referred me to Download.com cos I was uploading to the sever, not my folder on the server, you see there are limits to what you can do with Frontpage, no folder view etc. The software I use now gives me both My Computer and My Server on 1 screen and I just Drag n Drop either way...
BTW I use WEB CEO now, it even showed me how to do the entire process.. GDI were not very helpful, too vague for me cos I knew nothing of the process.
Like anything, once you have done it once, it is easy.

It's all in the wrist action,
Matthew Green (mg247)
Smiley

Regards,
Henri Cranshoff

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2006, 03:38:29 AM »

Hello,this is Henri Cranshoff from Belgium.
I aim trugeling a bit with my website and like some help.
First i have create a letter and have loaded into my first page of www.cranshoff.ws
The space between the tekst is to large,so if tryed everithing to closer the
tekstlines without success.
Now if have a other letter with the same content but now with pictures;
how can i bring it to your computer to host it?
Thangks for the attention
Henri Cranshoff
HarSetiawan

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2006, 07:37:29 PM »

Hmm...

I guess i didn't found about this in forum. I've got mail when I set my domain to host. They said that it's should contain index.html in my uploaded site's files Huh. If I build in PHP, how can I use this WS? Is there a support for PHP? CGI? mySQL? others?

Sorry i'm newbie. Any suggestions?
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2006, 08:44:48 PM »

Hmm...

I guess i didn't found about this in forum. I've got mail when I set my domain to host. They said that it's should contain index.html in my uploaded site's files Huh. If I build in PHP, how can I use this WS? Is there a support for PHP? CGI? mySQL? others?

Sorry i'm newbie. Any suggestions?

Nope sorry not in the site builder option. In the hosted option you should be able to set up scripting but I am not sure as to the extent as I have never tried this option. Email support ws_support@wsdomains.ws
StephenChua

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2006, 11:18:55 PM »

I have two domain name and I would like to cancel one of them. How do I do this myself?
Or I need to contact customer service?

Please advise.

Thanks.

stephen

RodrigoSoto

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2006, 08:43:17 PM »

Hi Everyone,

Having problems with Website.ws hosting my site (without sitebuilder).  I want to upload my own files - as I have done already.  I have uploaded index.html however going to my domain www.rodrigosoto.ws shows the page 'underconstruction'.  Am i missing something here?

Kind Regards
Rodrigo Soto
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: