April 28, 2024, 10:25:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37
  Print  
Author Topic: Share Your Best!  (Read 365990 times)
Jason Smith

The end of an epic journey begins with one step.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2005, 12:08:24 AM »

Sounds like the contest is in full swing. I will be rooting for all of you! Wink

I don't think I will be able to participate though unfortunate as it may be. At the momemnt I'm actively running 2 businesses and just had another business proposed to me with no out of pocket cost. So you could say I'm kinda burning the candle at both ends. Shocked

But I will continue to show my support to you all as well as posting any tips or ideas. Over the last few days I have been hitting different HTML sites hard and gaining a TON of knowledge. So my site is going through a major overhaul. I expect to see many success stories here in the near future though and I'm anticipate that our newbies now will all be master affiliates soon! Grin

Best of luck to you all...
Jason

P.S. Once I get my new site finished I will post it up so you all can see the fruits of my labors.

Here's to our shared success! Smiley

Jason
P_Gringel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2005, 12:08:24 AM »

Thanks for that suggestion Martin.I have been thinking along  those lines and wondering if it could work.
        Thanks for sharing your positive results.  And you too Norma ofcourse. Such simple and inexpensive ideas
         that can be done straight away. Though I am still nonplussed  as to why my valiant effort with my card drop failed so miserably. Huh. It must be something to do with the Oz mind set.
                     I am still waiting for my cards  to arrive,from GDI. this time. Incidently I managed to salvage two of the "orange" people in our  downline luckily I still had their email addresses. Feeling rather good about that. Cheesy

Michael Grant

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2005, 09:03:54 AM »

Hi Chip! Do you guys have a FLYER made up that I can copy & take to the College Bulletin Boards?
 Grin
Gerald Yancey

I just love sinking my teeth into this business!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2005, 09:22:13 AM »

Hi Michael,

You can get a flyer from  http://website.ws/home/flyer

Gerald
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 12:00:20 PM by Mike N » Logged

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!
StacyPerez

Me thinking as usual ..lol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2005, 10:40:19 AM »

Everyone,

This is what I have been doing which has help a ton..

BUILD and CONTINUE to build your own mailing list...
OFFER something so people will want to subcribe to your
list.  My niche market is moms/parents who want to work
from home.. AND I am getting ready to tap into another
one.

SEND at least one email per week .. sharing your progress,
new things happening, etc..  I don't just send ads.. I
sell them by my experience with something.

It has contributed a lot to my rapid growth.. I have been
in GDI about 1.5 months now and marketing it for a
month...

I am getting ready to broadcast an email to ALL my subscribers
with an update of the past month..   I will let you know what
happens..

Best Wishes,
Stacy Perez

Stacy Perez
"Inspiring and Helping Parents Work From Home"
Andrew Stark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2005, 09:05:13 AM »

That's a good niche to target. What's your website, and how are you building your list?

Andrew
Gerald Yancey

I just love sinking my teeth into this business!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2005, 04:36:48 PM »

Do you know someone who is attending college? Have them to pass out some
GDI flyers on your behalf. College students associate themselves with friends and
friends of friends and so on.

Not to mention the student organizations that they maybe apart of.

All The Best
Gerald Cool

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2005, 05:35:13 PM »

I have a college an hour away-but they are very particular about any strangers wandering around because of all the student murders. So I have not yet tried to hand out or post anything there. It's the University of Florida. Bundy etc. But I want to when the classes resume.
Deborah H Cool
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2005, 05:37:47 PM »

I used the flyer mentioned below but I scanned it and made it so that their are two of the flyers on one sheet of paper. Then cut them in half. Saves paper and the flyer is smaller. I slip them into free shoppers that sit next the the paper boxes. I also have someone that delivers papers to machines and he puts some flyers in papers for me. but he has to be carefull as he can get in trouble doing that. But the free shoppers etc are fair game!
I also save ALL the envelopes that are already paid postage. I figure that person that opens the mail "might just be sick of opening envelopes" and I put one of those half page flyers in it or a couple of business cards. Who knows? Doesn't cost much though.
Deborah H  Cool
P_Gringel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2005, 09:25:19 PM »

I just took a look at your website Stacy.( Iclicked the world iron under your picture) cool!
I can see you have exactly what  a lot of my downline lack. A really big reason and motivation for
doing this business.
Congratulations  on your present success and I wish you lots and lots more! Kiss
P_Gringel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2005, 09:25:42 PM »

Yes I think that is a great idea too Thomas as I have been thinking along the same lines
I was thinking I could have a power form on my site with a password and user name for the family to use
that accesses the family area only.     Perhaps  that wouldn't go  down well with a commercial site though?I would like some opinions  on this one?
       What a good thing to do rivals the business  if it brings family closer together these days when so many  seem to
spread all over the country. Nice if it works both ways! Smiley
       To your ongoing success Thomas!I thiink you will do very well in this business!
MichaelR

Success is not a goal, it's a state of mind

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2005, 03:01:35 PM »

Hi everyone,

This truly is a great business!  I've been in this business for about two weeks and I have a team of 6 people.  All I've been doing is simply talking to people.  It's more effective then just passing out flyers (which can also work).  Eventhought we are a part of an internet based business, it's still a people business.   

When I speak to people I don't try to talk them into joining the business, my goal is to get them to see the presentation.  I tell them as little as possible but enough to peak their interest.  If they insist on asking me what it's all about I simply tell them, "The internet is growing and everyday a new site is being added.  What if you can get residual income for life from every new site on the internet?  Would that be a good thing or a bad thing?"  They almost always say it's a good thing, then I direct them to the presentation.  I don't answer any more questions until they've viewed the presentation. 

This is an automated business system that works for you.  When I try to explain everything I get nowhere, however when I let the system do the work for me, I get results.

Michael Robillard
Millionaire in the Making
mack88
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2005, 03:56:17 PM »

Michael!

You are absolutely right!  The best way is to WALK & TALK...Then from there send the people interested to the movie!  The conversion rate should be stunning because they can put a face with the presentation.  Excellent topic!

Frank
Amy Derby

i am a work in progress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2005, 04:39:21 PM »

Thanks to everyone for all the GREAT ideas in this thread! 

And Norma, you're just a never-ending idea-machine, aren't ya?!  Shocked 

One point of GDI that I've shared with folks I've talked to in person is that in just a month's time, since coming to the GDI forum, I've "met" SO MANY great people internationally that I would never have had the opportunity to associate with otherwise.  (Coming from a background of working in the legal field, I can tell ya, I was pretty much surrounded by angry people who are very cranky under all that false office lighting!  This is a WELCOME CHANGE!)

~Amy~

"Imagine Being More Afraid of Freedom Than Slavery." ~Pamela Sneed~
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2005, 09:05:03 PM »

One thing you'll learn quickly about having your own home business is that it takes plenty of promotion to succeed.  You'll probably spend at least eighty percent of your time doing some sort of promotion.  This is the key to making money online, and failure to promote can cause your business to seem hopeless.

Promoting Always

Whether you're spending all day every day working on your home business or only a few hours per week, always save some time for promotions.  Keep a log of submissions for link exchanges with other businesses, submitting your articles or website as a resource to other websites, preparing and submitting pages of your website to the major search engines, etc.  Have a steady stream of promotions going on at all times.  Activity produces activity.  You'll be amazed at how steady promotions will help your home business.

Promoting Everywhere

Keep your website address before others as much as possible. Create business cards with your web address printed on them and pass them out to people and to other business owners around town.  When you have an opportunity to speak with or do business with someone online, send them a business card in the mail to get something tangible in their hands.

Add your web address to all of your printed materials and ads.  For example, if you run a local newspaper ad, include your web address for more information.  If you place an ad in a magazine, do the same.  When you have envelopes or letterhead printed for your business, add your web address to every item.  When you mail out materials, keep in mind that the materials will be viewed by others as well (i.e. postal workers and mail carriers). The more exposure you have to your web address, the more visitors you will gain.

Promoting to a Targeted Audience

When marketing your online business, be sure to focus only on your target audience.  Study your market and find out who your target visitors are and where they hang out.  What types of searches do they perform in the search engines?  For example, when placing keywords in your web pages, use keywords that your visitors would use during a search.  You'll be able to reach your target audience if you learn to think like they do.

When you find your target market, try to think of the types of websites they might visit and network with these websites for link exchanges, articles, etc. You'll find that this is more effective than blasting an untargeted ad out to millions in hopes that a few might buy.

Beware of Promotional Gimmicks

When searching for promotional avenues for your web business, you'll be exposed to a neverending stream of "cheap" promotions that promise huge results.  An example of this might be:

"For only $2.99 you can receive 50,000 visitors in a matter of minutes!"

What's wrong with this picture, you might ask?  First of all, where will the 50,000 visitors come from? Are these all absolutely unique visitors?  The reality is that many of these visitors are the same people viewing your website over and over again.  Watch out for these astronomical claims.

This type of promotion sounds wonderful on the surface, however, when you ask yourself the questions above, the smoke begins to clear.

Marketing your home business on a continual basis will lead to visitors and ultimately sales.  Never allow your business to become stagnant.  Visitors to your website will recognize when it's no longer growing. You'll need to keep promoting and keep growing to have a successful home business.

Copyright © Nicole Taylor
I grant permission to publish this article as long as it's copied as is and links remain active. Please send me a courtesy copy. Thank You.

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37
  Print  

Jump to: