April 28, 2024, 09:25:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37
  Print  
Author Topic: Share Your Best!  (Read 365985 times)
Dennis F

Get outa yer comfort zone and use the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2005, 10:37:13 PM »

I like your bold titles reading down in order it says Promoting, Promoting, Promoting,  Beware of Promotional Gimmicks  lol......

When I try to accomplish "My One Task a Day"  minimum, this is usually it promotion. Getting seen in different veniews and common ones as well. 

I am learning this all the long way and one thing I quickly noticed is:   There are alot of promoting veniews out So be sure to write it all down     

Places submitted to, the dates, which URL's, when you can resubmitt sites,  and after I got used to that, I would take note of where I got traffic from, and make sure to re-submit to those places.

Thanks Nicole Great section as usual Wink                     I hope these suggestions help others out.  Take Care,    Dennis

The grass is only greener on the other side of the fence because you put the fence there...pssst... take it down.
Amy Derby

i am a work in progress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2005, 12:26:06 AM »

Great article, Nicole.  Thanks for posting this.  Smiley

Learning to beware the hoaxes out there (as in your last paragraph) are things many of us learn the hard way, especially when people are new to having a business and are very excited about it (and therefore working more off of emotional impulse than thinking things through).  So, I think it's good that you said that.  Hopefully people reading this who haven't made that sort of mistake won't have to now.

I also like this....
When you mail out materials, keep in mind that the materials will be viewed by others as well (i.e. postal workers and mail carriers). The more exposure you have to your web address, the more visitors you will gain.
...because my mail man (who I've known 14 yrs) told me the other day that he liked my web site.  He'd apparently seen in on one of my postcards, which I thought was cool.  I hadn't really considered that other people would catch that kind of thing.

~Amy~

"Imagine Being More Afraid of Freedom Than Slavery." ~Pamela Sneed~
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2005, 08:45:31 AM »

Yes Nichole,
That is good information. I had never thought to have my site plastered on envelopes etc. Its on my car, in my bills I pay and submitted to search engines, on cards and flyers but on envelopes is a super idea. And you are so right about being carefull with the too good to be true submits. Not only are they bogus but you will be flooded with spam email from them..I KNOW all about that!
Thank You for the ideas. I want all the GOOD ideas I can get!!! And you dear are always so helpfull. I thank you for it and all you've done to help us in our GDI business promotions.
Deborah H Cheesy
HowardMartell

"Repetition is the mother of all Skills"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2005, 03:11:34 PM »

Hello, Team GDI

I agree with everyones different ideas keep it simple where anyone can accomplish this simple tasks.

How about when you go to the major sporting events.

You could place drop cards on cars and in places where people frequent the most.

Another place people could use drop cards your local park and ride areas only few on every other car and place them on the drivers side having the message face towards the prospect.

The idea here is to get as many people interested as possible find out more about the person who got your drop card and finally build a business relationship with them providing tools and guidance.
LoganWandell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2005, 09:43:03 AM »

I know I've come up with a bunch of ads lately, a few are listed elsewhere in the forum. I just though it would be a good idea to have a thred of just ads,banners,logos or whatever kind of ideas we can all come up with to help each other.

Here's a banner I created for the tag line: Got Dot? Why Not? IT PAYS!!!

Here's somthing to think about:
"Only when you speak, can someone listen to your message" Word Of Mouth: It's the Secret to Network Marketing!

"The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse gets the cheese!"
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2005, 09:55:33 AM »

On putting flyers on windshields. I have heard and seen this when I worked at the university. People will yank them off and toss them in the parking lot. The whole lot is full of wind blown flyers. They are hot and cranky and the last thing they want is a dang flyer on the windshield especially if they didnt notice it until they got in their car.
A BETTER way to advertise to them is to slide a business card in the door window where the rubber seal is. Just tuck it in a little. It wont blow off and they can pocket it as they get in the car. Doesnt aggrivate them as much and these nice cards we have are keepers. So into the pocket it would go. UNLESS the car looks like a pride and joy super expensive well loved thing. I might just pass on messing with that one.  Grin
Deborah H
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2005, 06:29:04 PM »

Thank You Norma.  Wink Very welcome.
The poor grounds keepers had a heck of a mess when anyone placed flyers on the windshields. WoW..I know it irritated me. Huh
But where there's a will there's a way.
Yeppers there is! Grin
Deborah H
Matt S

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2005, 10:59:57 PM »

Hi Nicole,

That is SUPER! Well done, I take off my hat to you for giving the advice and guidance to members to succeed in GDI business. I wish everyone will have the opportunity to read it and benefit from your useful and constructive ideas.

Best regards.
MattS  Smiley

JNapier

Living by Faith! One day at a time!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2005, 01:15:52 AM »

I wonder how teachers would feel getting a website with a business opportunity as a Christmas present. When my four children were in school I always purchased gifts for the teachers both at Christmas and at the end of school term. ( No, I didn't give apples!! My kids would have eaten them on the way.)

I would think that word of mouth would go a long way when that teacher shared the unique gift with fellow alumni and family members. What do you think?

All my best,
Norma  Shocked
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 02:04:04 AM by JNapier » Logged

Living by Faith,
one day at a time!
Amy Derby

i am a work in progress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2005, 09:48:14 AM »

Absolutely.  Especially, too, as end of the school year gifts, since the classifieds online are PACKED near the beginning of summer with teachers looking for summer jobs.

This is an example where gift certificates would come in handy.  (Hint.)  Grin

~Amy~

"Imagine Being More Afraid of Freedom Than Slavery." ~Pamela Sneed~
N Seecharran

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2005, 09:50:38 AM »

I just posted this idea to my training newsletter.
by Steve Farber © 2005

Hey Steve,

Wow!   Wink I really think that this is an amazing piece of advice.  Especially for people that you are  Smiley intorducing to this extraordinary business opportunity.   Shocked Imagine showing them how to promote it before they even try it out for free. Roll Eyes  That's like throwing a worm to a fish and forgeting to mention the hook, line or sinker.   Cool Although that is where this analogy would end of course, because unlike the fried fish, our leads get the chance of a lifetime. Cheesy

N. V. Seecharran
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 09:51:02 AM by Nicole Taylor » Logged
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2005, 09:52:27 AM »

Yes is it ever awsome! Are we sharing it?Huh? Grin
Deborah H
CJ Barlow

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2005, 10:08:07 AM »

I like that! I would LOVE to see that in a banner-sized ad Smiley I like the fact that "yourname.ws" is located right in the red circle. That really stood out to me. Keep 'em coming, I like the work you have done Logan.
Bob Skelton

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2005, 05:15:12 PM »

I have been trying to discover how to configure the URL so that the movie will play.  I want to design a card or label sized ad that I can just drop anywhere or give to someone I meet.  Can anyone supply me with the URL and how to make it work for my userid?
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2005, 05:42:55 PM »

N,
Anyway to get your training letter??? Kiss
Deborah H
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37
  Print  

Jump to: