March 29, 2024, 07:56:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: Site builder query  (Read 226861 times)
Melanie Schmidt

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: July 19, 2009, 06:51:56 AM »

can somebody explain, how to upload
my own templates from computer to homepage?

I thank in advance
Gladys R

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 17, 2009, 12:06:09 PM »

I have no idea how to do it. I need somebody to help me. Please.
A_Johan

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 27, 2009, 01:39:42 PM »

How to make password protected page? Is it needed a script or what? It's used with GDI wbhosting, I want to do it with my GDI website. Grin
A_Johan

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 29, 2009, 11:16:38 AM »

hey everybody, Do u know how to protect web page?

I did some research and found 2 different ways to do it:
-scripts
-password protect service (like bravenet)

Which one is better? Because instead of different pricing, difficulties of implementing this is different.

Any suggestion?
DClary

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 30, 2009, 11:19:12 AM »

I hope I am putting this in the right place, if not please forgive me and point me in the right direction. I have been a user of GDI for almost 5 years, I have 3 domains, all being hosted. I have never really had a problem until now and needless to say I am way outside of my comfort zone. Here is what I am trying to do....

I am trying to install ProFolio on my server - following is the directions I received from the makers of ProFolio....

Install Instructions

1.  Open up the file config.php and change the Databse Host, Username, Password and Name information to your own values.

2. Upload the folder ProFolio to your website (You can also upload the files within the folder into your website's root directory).

3. Direct your browser to the folder. For example, if your website is http://website.com, then to access your the folder, go to http://website.com/ProFolio or if you installed the files in the root directory of your website, you would access the page by just going to http://website.com

4. Follow the install instructions presented. When you have pressed the Finish button, you can Login to your ProFolio in the top-right corner of the page. Once logged in, you can edit your general settings by clicking Change Settings & Pages or customize your ProFolio by clicking Customize!

Unfortunately, I cannot make it to #2 because I keep getting the error message, "Host '64.70.19.52' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server".  I have no idea what this means or how to fix it.

In addition, I am not 100% sure that I changed the config file correctly. This is what I entered, maybe someone could advice me on this...

$host = "ftp.hosting.ws";
$db_username = "dclary";
$db_password = "xxxxxx";
$database = "localhost"; (I wasn't sure what to put here so I tried "local host" as well as my directory)

If you need any further information please let me know.
KovagoM

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 04, 2009, 06:24:10 AM »

Hi I am a New User, I am trying to learn all I can about building a successful website. I also want to make my website a all in one website, filled with information and resources, but I am finding it a bit difficult with the website builder. I am trying to add widgets. But it doesn't save on my page. I also want to add links and banners and things like that and other html codes.

Will someone please take me by the hand and show me step for step how to do all these things. Please I need help.

Thank you...
MaryG1

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 05, 2009, 06:54:28 AM »

I decided make some changes to my website and chose a different template (the home based business template).  Once it saved over I tried to delete my phone and email icons that had appeared under the flash banner but not only did the icons disappear - images in all other pages of the website builder disappeared.  How to I get them back.  I have signed out and back in and tried to select the template again but its not working.

I'm not familiar with html or anything else to do with websites for that matter.  I could really use someone's help.

Thanks.
Mary
Michael Owens

View Profile WWW
« Reply #322 on: September 05, 2009, 06:54:28 AM »

To add a Banner correctly to your site, please follow these steps:

1.  Log in your account at www.website.ws/members
2.  Click on the button that says "Banners"
3.  Choose the banner you desire and click the "Show me the Code Link"
4.  Highlight and copy the whole code
5.  Access Site Builder by clicking the button that says "Build Your
WebSite"
6.  Once you are in Site Builder on the page you want to add a banner
click the 'Edit' button.
7.  Click on the 'text' button that is located in the toolbar
8.  Once the text box pops up, click on the 'source' tab.
9. Erase everything in the source tab.
10. Now paste your code
11. Finally click 'ok'
12. Choose on the page where you would like to add your banner to

I hopes this will help you!
Wish You Much Success!

Mike & Margo

Great is Thy Faithfulness!
G.Renee_B

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 06, 2009, 11:36:30 PM »

Thanks for that bit of info.  I too am trying to put a contact form and some videos on mysite, do you have to upload some type of widget in order to upload the HTML code from your autoresponder?
Thanks

Hello everyone,  I join GDI mainly for the services.  I have the following questions before I get more involved in the business:

1) I am trying to build 2 websites.  One for my online store and one for my non-profit organization.  Does GDI have the online website builder capability?

2) Can I create pages such as a contact form with autoresponder, online store with payment capabilities, flash intros, etc?

3? Can I add a guestbook page?

4) Is GDI mainly for the moneymaking or can you really build websites?

Thanks.

Hi!  Yes, you can do all of those things with your GDI website.  There is a site builder available which you will find on your website.ws login page (they just added a few more nice looking templates too).  You can place a contact form on your page, you just need to get the code from your autoresponder service.  You can add a guestbook, flash intros/videos...it is a real website.

Good luck in creating your sites and post them when you are finished or if you need any suggestions so we can all have a look!

PhillChandler

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 11, 2009, 08:30:46 AM »

Hi Everyone

I have just joined and I am in the process of building my webpage with the ws site builder. How do I add links like "join now" etc, I am good with computers but must admit this is different to what I have done before.

* join now*
*GDI VIDEO*

etc.....

Many thanks Phill
AnthonySusu

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 12, 2009, 09:50:29 AM »

Since GDI will not support mysql, I signed up for mysql database hosting elsewhere.
I could not get joomla (hosted here) to connect to the mysql database (hosted elsewhere)
I tried a handful of free mysql hosts and could not connect using any of them.  I had all the
correct info.
  Has anyone had any success with this?

Thank you,
-Tony
MohammedNaouf

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 14, 2009, 04:28:25 PM »

Hello everyone,

I have a question which i hope any of you would solve it for me...can i add an external banner to my website pages ? And what about if i want to change anything inside the template...colors or the place of the bars etc...

Please reply me ASAP.
MKarlowicz

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 13, 2009, 03:36:52 AM »

Hi,

I would like to know how to attach a PDF to one or more of my web pages.  So this can be downloaded by my website visitor.

Thanks for the help.

Michael
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 03:38:12 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
Darren Olander

Darren Olander

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: October 13, 2009, 12:16:13 PM »

Hi,

I would like to know how to attach a PDF to one or more of my web pages.  So this can be downloaded by my website visitor.

Thanks for the help.

Michael

You would need to use the hosting option and upload it via FTP, and then link to it.

Darren Olander
Proud Founder of the Prosperity Marketing System
Build Your GDI Business Using The Prosperity Marketing System! (check my profile & website)
JamesBlackwell

GDI Business Building

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: October 15, 2009, 09:31:09 AM »

I just came aboard 2 days ago for my third time but I would like know what is the purpose of the Site Builder Website? and does it cost anything extra?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: