March 28, 2024, 04:16:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26
  Print  
Author Topic: Site builder query  (Read 226788 times)
Darren Olander

Darren Olander

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: October 15, 2009, 11:35:10 AM »

I just came aboard 2 days ago for my third time but I would like know what is the purpose of the Site Builder Website? and does it cost anything extra?

Hi James,

The Site builder is for those who have no experience in building websites. Its a more simple way to get a website online. And no, it does not cost extra.

Darren Olander
Proud Founder of the Prosperity Marketing System
Build Your GDI Business Using The Prosperity Marketing System! (check my profile & website)
Mike Broadbridge

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 25, 2009, 07:18:47 AM »

Hi, I was just wondering if I have clicked on Site Builder by accident but would rather use the advanced sitebuilding option, how do I change that? Because now every time I click, Build your website, it simply takes me straight to site builder, which is not what I want.
Thanks
Mike
ChanceRichardson

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 18, 2009, 03:29:50 AM »

I want to market GDI to local plumbers and locksmiths that do not have websites or have websites provided by the yellow pages. Where can I find more templates that would feature item relative to these industries. Thanks I love being a member of GDI!!!

Chance
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 03:30:38 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
Risdi_Mz

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 19, 2009, 03:39:34 AM »

Hi all,

I am new member and want to know about this program to develop lot of member

Thanks
IsraelWestfall

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 23, 2009, 03:17:41 AM »

First open your web site builder
go to text
hit source btn delete the code on there
go to you tube
bring up the video you want to copy
under the url on the right hand side is  embed code
copy the embed code and paste it in the text box on your website builder
hit ok
save
now preview
should work
EllenMesser

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 23, 2009, 03:17:41 AM »

I know how to use pay pal on the web site, but I was wondering how to automatically allow people to have access to a book or music that they can download only after it is paid for.  Is there a program or web builder that allows for that kind of detail and is it possible on the GDI web sites.  Thanks for any help possible. 
JashanpreetSingh

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 24, 2009, 06:17:31 AM »

hello friends how are you all, I have a question regarding site development. How can I use my own coding in GDI website making. Like if I have made page for myself in .net  or html whatever it is  then how will I be able to publish it online. I have uploaded the page through upload files feature but I could not find how to publish it online or how to make it show in my other pages.
JMaynez

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 28, 2009, 06:33:38 AM »

I know how to use pay pal on the web site, but I was wondering how to automatically allow people to have access to a book or music that they can download only after it is paid for.  Is there a program or web builder that allows for that kind of detail and is it possible on the GDI web sites.  Thanks for any help possible.  
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 06:34:14 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
D Evanson

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 05, 2009, 06:22:44 AM »

JashanpreetSingh,

Re your query, as I remember, you have to first "create a Page' in SiteBuilder.  Enter all the required information. Then as the wizard takes you through the sitebuilding, it will throw up a box that says "add text" along with one that says "add images"

Click the "add text" box and you will be presented with another larger box that says again "add text".  Paste your code in this box.

You will be able to edit the text, see the source code, and do a preview of how it will look.

The source code will look different from what you paste in, since Sitebuilder uses its own protocols, but you can tweek it. If you can do your own code it should not be too difficult, but it will try your patience and sometimes your ingenuity.

David
V_Ferguson

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 07, 2009, 11:13:19 PM »

I use my .ws site for a business I don't promote any longer. 

Can I rebuild the website or do I need to cancel the domain, register and build a new one?
GerardKapraun

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: December 08, 2009, 10:30:34 AM »

When you log into the site builder, the first page you see is the page manager.  Just change the numbers in the box next to the page you want to change and click update pages.

Gerard Kapraun
Jerry Works
Rosalba_C

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 17, 2010, 07:36:07 AM »

Hi my name is Antonio and i am trying to creat a website for my mom;s house cleaning business, but none on the tampletes really interested me. The ones that do come with things i cant customize, like animated banners at top (Ex. the business templates) or the picture and placement of the telephone feature. Maybe somebody can help me find a way to creat a MORE customized website?? I'm new to web building so all and any ideas are appriciated. THANKS!
EddieTune

I like to help

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: January 17, 2010, 08:19:37 AM »

Hi my name is Antonio and i am trying to creat a website for my mom;s house cleaning business, but none on the tampletes really interested me. The ones that do come with things i cant customize, like animated banners at top (Ex. the business templates) or the picture and placement of the telephone feature. Maybe somebody can help me find a way to creat a MORE customized website?? I'm new to web building so all and any ideas are appriciated. THANKS!
Antonio!!  Have you looked at all the other post's in this category? If there is nothing here that will help you then you need to outsource having a web page built and then use the hosting on the domain.  If you can use html coding you can build the page that you want and then use it for advertising.  I don't believe you can change the code for the pages provided here that you can use with the web builder.

I'm sorry I can't help you more.

Eddie 

"We strive each day to improve our lives and hopefully help others"
VParker

Vincent R Parker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: January 18, 2010, 09:56:56 AM »

Hi Antonio.  You could build your mother's page using any number of free website building software that is available.  One would be BlueVoda.  It's quite easy to use and requires you to have no knowledge of HTML.  Simply do a search for BlueVoda and you will find their website building software.

With that you will also need to change your DNS setting to Hosting.  Simply go to your GDI back office, click on domains and under the website you wish to modify click on "Change DNS" and change it to "Hosting".

You will then need an FTP client to upload your new pages to the server.  There are many free ones available, just do a search for FTP client or FTP program.  I use one called Core FTP Lite and it works quite well.  Whatever FTP client you use, you will need the Host/IP/URL for GDI.  That is "ftp.hosting.ws" without the quotes.  Then just enter in your username and password and it should be good to go.

So, first thing will be to download a website building program.  Once you do that create the page you want and get it looking the way you want.  Then change you DNS setting for your website to "Hosting".  Grab yourself an FTP client and be sure to enter "ftp.hosting.ws" without the quotes in the Host/IP/URL field and put in your GDI username and password.  Then all you have to do is navigate to where your new pages are stored on your computer and drag them over to your GDI site.  Hit upload and you are finished!

One final note, the first page of your website should be called index.html.

Hope this helped and was not confusing.  Good luck and let us know if you run into any problems.  Smiley

Vincent R. Parker
John Reason

John Reason(covenantriches)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: January 25, 2010, 02:54:06 AM »

Hi there,

I was half way through the Build Website wizard when I went back a step or two to alter the font of some text and then it would not return to the page I was on.  I think that it has saved what I did, and it's showing as "published" in WS Sitebuilder 4.02  but I don't know whether it is suitable for viewing yet, or what to do next .I created a Menu page and then a Feedback page and a Guestbook page.  When I put the url in for my site into my tab browser it seems to go straight to the Feed back page, not the "Main Menu" home page I created.  Any ideas on how I can go back and fix the site, or can I delete it and start again? (I have created an email to go with this site)

???john
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26
  Print  

Jump to: