March 18, 2024, 11:57:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26
  Print  
Author Topic: Site builder query  (Read 226096 times)
EddieTune

I like to help

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: January 25, 2010, 08:09:58 PM »

Hi there,

I was half way through the Build Website wizard when I went back a step or two to alter the font of some text and then it would not return to the page I was on.  I think that it has saved what I did, and it's showing as "published" in WS Sitebuilder 4.02  but I don't know whether it is suitable for viewing yet, or what to do next .I created a Menu page and then a Feedback page and a Guestbook page.  When I put the url in for my site into my tab browser it seems to go straight to the Feed back page, not the "Main Menu" home page I created.  Any ideas on how I can go back and fix the site, or can I delete it and start again? (I have created an email to go with this site)

???john
Ok John, go to the members area-click on the build my website tab-when the outline for the site comes up look and see what the numbers are for you're Main page, this should be page # 1 if not just click on the update page and change you're #s to show in numerical order the way you want them to appear, also when you use you're url any where to advertise the you can type the url to send people where you want them to go if you type http://you'rewebsite.ws/menue or what ever page you want them to land on as long as it is the title of that page,
Hope this helps you
Eddie

"We strive each day to improve our lives and hopefully help others"
Donovan Stephens

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 27, 2010, 04:30:48 PM »

How do i add YouTube videos to my WS?
EddieTune

I like to help

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: January 28, 2010, 04:15:12 AM »

How do i add YouTube videos to my WS?
Well here is youtubes answer to you're question:
The Basics
How do I add a video to my blog or web page?

1. You'll need to edit the HTML of your blog entry or page—this should be relatively straightforward. In Blogger, for example, just click the "Edit HTML" tab.
   2. Next, go to the video that you want, and look for the 'Embed' box in the "About This Video" section. Copying the HTML code that's there into your website will create an embedded player; the video will play within your site when the user clicks on the 'Play' button.
   3. You can resize the player by editing the object width="425" and height="350" fields at both the beginning and end of the embedded player code. Make sure that the sizes you choose have the same ratio as the default numbers, so that the video doesn't get stretched—just multiply the width by 0.8235 to get the height.
After you get the HTML code copied go to the members area, click on build my site go to the editor, click the text tab,right click ,click on the add hyperlink and paste the HTML in the text link at the bottom,click OK and put it on the page where you want it.
Hope this helps you out.
Eddie

Donovan Stephens

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 28, 2010, 01:05:19 PM »

Thanks
Peter_P

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 15, 2010, 02:47:55 AM »

Hello,

How can I use my .ws domain and hosting service to host a wordpress blog?

Anyone have any experience setting this up?  Please let me know.

Thanks,

Ryan, I don't think you can host a WordPress blog with a .ws domain. According to their FAQ
Do you support software that requires databases (such as MySQL)?
The WS Hosting service does not support sites, software or scripts that require databases.

So that pretty well means not blog, forum or anything else than needs MySQL.  Angry

Oh well. Reckon I will have to host it elsewhere.
Loreen R

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 22, 2010, 02:45:28 AM »

Hi - I want to choose my own background and how to lay out my pages.
Does anyone know how we get started on that??
I dont find a place where it starts with a blank - only the templates to choose from.
Any help would be awesome!!
Thanks!
Emma_H

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 22, 2010, 07:17:38 AM »

Hi!

I wanted a blank template as well... I couldn't see any way of doing it.

Also, I noticed, when I wanted to check that opt in worked that my email address didn't fit, that is a bit daft, if I was a client it means you wouldn't get my info!

One more thing whilst I'm at it, does anyone know how to add video and photos? I tried to upload a photo and is messed up my entire site making everything jumbled Sad

In general I'm happy with GDI although I have no sign ups yet... lots of people have clicked on the like (close to 1000 now) but no takers.

Take care everyone and good luck!

Emma Smiley
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 07:18:29 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged

Laugh often, dream big, reach for the stars!!
EddieTune

I like to help

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: February 22, 2010, 11:08:16 AM »

Hi - I want to choose my own background and how to lay out my pages.
Does anyone know how we get started on that??
I dont find a place where it starts with a blank - only the templates to choose from.
Any help would be awesome!!
Thanks!
Well hello there Emma and Loreen!  That is not possible unless you are using a hosting account and FTP, sorry.  hope this helps you

Eddie

Emma_H

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 22, 2010, 02:58:06 PM »

Thank you Eddie! Smiley

FBeby

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 23, 2010, 07:20:26 AM »

Hello,

I'm the newbie, I'd like to use the site buider but i can't find the "change setting button" on the default setting. please help Huh
Emma_H

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 25, 2010, 05:52:27 AM »

Hi Everyone,

There doesn't seem to be enough space for my email address in the opt in tool (you know, the admit one ticket stub people fill in which can be found in the GDI tools in the website builder). I wanted to check it but my email address won't fit! Can anyone help with this? It'll be a problem for business if people can't get access. (FIXED, THANKS!)

Also, I have put a guestbook page and just want to make sure that the people who leave comments won't get emails from GDI?

Thanks!

Emma Smiley
http://www.emmathomas.ws
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 04:34:48 PM by Emma_H » Logged

Wepromoteonline Com

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 25, 2010, 02:55:12 AM »

I'm trying to create a website with a couple of drop down menus.  Can anyone tell me how to do that?
OliveirosCosta

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 25, 2010, 12:37:24 PM »

hatacess files could we use it on site.ws?Huh via ftp???

how to use .htaccess file?

help needed
Thanks
Oliveiros Costa
Beau C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: March 28, 2010, 06:02:05 AM »

my suggestion is to point your .ws domain to one of the replicated capture pages, host an actual blog somewhere else and provide links on your blog leading to your capture page. People join people they know, like and trust. Your blog will allow you to brand yourself, get in touch with your readers and give them a reason to follow you. You will become known as someone your prospects can get to know, like and trust. Offer value.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 06:02:30 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
Chris_Craig

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 28, 2010, 02:12:50 PM »

Hi Guys

I've just started to build my website and have already come across a problem I'm hoping you can solve.

I spent an hour or so typing in the text box, checked everything was ok (it was) and saved my work. When I went to preview it, the text had jumped up to the top of the page. I went back in and moved the text box back to the middle of the page (I used the 'Move Me' box to move it down) and it wouldn't stay. It just kept going back to the top of the page!!

Any suggestions?

Chris  Shocked
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26
  Print  

Jump to: