March 19, 2024, 04:57:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: Site builder query  (Read 226117 times)
WayneWood

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2006, 09:26:49 PM »

Hi all,

Only a very new member and wondering if site builder is available for use while i am still in the trial period.
I dont appear to have the correct password to access this feature. Can anyone update me on this?

Thanks
Wayne
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 09:33:40 PM »

Yes it should be available. Your passwords should not change.

If you are unable to login, the problem may will be in the cookies or your cache.

Please clear your system cache if the problem persists.
This is good practice in any event and needs to be done once a month at least.
In Internet explorer click on Tools -> Internet Options -> General Tab -> Temporary Internet Files -> Delete Files
In Firefox click on Tools->Options->Cache Tab->Clear Cache Now

Please also clear your cookies.
This is also good practice and needs to be done once a month at least
In Internet explorer click on Tools -> Internet Options -> General Tab -> Temporary Internet Files -> Delete Cookies
In Firefox click on Tools->Options->Cookies Tab->Clear Cookies Now
WayneWood

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 03:27:22 AM »

Thanks Rod,

Tried all this and all the other usual problems such as caps lock on or off and so on, but I keep getting "login information is incorrect" message.

The only password I have is the member login one. is this the one that is supposed to work with sitebuilder login or is there something else again?

Cheers
Wayne
Dave H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 06:18:26 AM »

Hi Wayne, Once you are logged into your main GDI account, are you going down the left side menu and clicking on your domain name? This is how you can get into your site builder, that's if you haven't already tried it..Hope this helps
All the Best Dave

"I never ran 1000 miles. I could never have done that. I ran one mile 1000 times."
- Stu Mittleman, World Record Holder for Ultra-Distance running.
Michael Goodwin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 05:01:27 PM »

Just wondering if there are any video for the sitebuilder, that help show you what to do.
 Thanks
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 10:10:33 PM »

Just wondering if there are any video for the sitebuilder, that help show you what to do.
 Thanks

Hi Michael - no sorry none that I know of.
The most comprehensive instructions I know of are at:-
http://www.gdi-made-easy.ws/SiteBuilder.html
Terry N

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 04:17:53 AM »

I messed up on building my site and deleted my frist page and I dont know how to make page 2 page 1. It still says page 2 and right now it's my only page. Can someone tell me how to fix this.
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 07:16:35 AM »

From memory you should be able to logout and login again and then add a page from the site builder. I am unable to check where I am at the moment.
K Bell

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 04:58:03 AM »

hi

i have just joined and have set up the website to advertise my own business. but now i want to add the info about this website, and add the video.

how do i do this?

thanks
Jean Michel Aldrovandi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 06:12:39 AM »

Hi K Bell, 

My name is Jean Michel French speaker and newbie, and I wanna to try to help you, so first if you want to add video on your website. 

1- You have to Upload the file to your Gallery in your SITE-BUILDER 
2-  Then in your page editor [edit your page where you want add it] 
3 - Insert it FROM your Gallery, [submit] That's it! 

I hope you understand my explanations. 
Good luck. 
Jean Michel

Best wishes to all for your business.

Jean Michel
Marta Broom

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 06:03:32 AM »

Hello

My current .ws site wasn't created with Site Builder so I thought I'd better have a go with it so that I could answer any queries from my team. I also thought it would be easy as I have been creating web sites in Dreamweaver for many years. Most of it is pretty straightforward, if not a bit clumsy and restrictive. But my problem is that I have been almost 2 hours trying to get the context blocks closer together instead of the huge unreasonable gap I am left with.

I have checked the forum and noticed that this topic has been raised before but no satisfactory answer was given. 

Does anyone know how to get the context blocks closer to the the previous block without looking as though several line spaces have deliberately been created between them?  Am I doing something wrong or is it just an undesirable feature of the software?

Marta
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2007, 08:09:22 AM »

The fastest way is to edit the actual HTML. This is generally caused by blank header and footer blocks.
Look for <span class="content_header"></span> and or <span class="content_footer"></span>
Shawn_H

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 01:54:09 PM »

Okay this seems like a silly question, but how do you change order of the pages in your website builder?  I thought this was possible, but today cannot figure it out.  Please help!  Thank you for responding!
Jason Guckian

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 03:03:15 AM »

how do i change  the page names in my web site? they both say page 2
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 06:55:16 AM »

The simplest way to change the order of your pages is to cut and paste the pages in the HTML form of the site builder.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 07:00:53 AM by RodB » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: