April 16, 2024, 06:39:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: Site builder query  (Read 227172 times)
AHakim

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 05, 2009, 02:05:53 PM »

Just wondering if anyone are has or knows how, I've tried but it keeps failing to connect.
M_Burnett

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 07, 2009, 10:31:27 PM »

I know you have to log into the back office and all that, but does anyone else have to log into a site they have built themselves using an html editor and an ftp file loader? I am in the process of building my site but every time I go to check my changes or whatever it asks me to log in. This is very annoying as I don't know why this happens. When I first started using this method to build my site I did not have to log on just to check the changes I had made. If anyone can help or I have been unclear please respond.
Y_Wang

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 13, 2009, 03:05:03 AM »

Hi all,
I am new here,and I have set up my website already with .ws hosting,which I used is sitBuilder 4.01.
Now I ask a question,that is how to make the page in the middle,I searched and didnot find how?
who could help me out?thanks Smiley
DGower

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 14, 2009, 06:47:47 AM »

Hi, I am in the process of creating my website (have very little experience haha) and I need to know if there is a way to link users to sign up from your website. The way I signed up, was that I viewed somebody elses .ws site, was sold on their pitch, and clicked their link saying "click here to sign up for your 7 day free trial". I clicked it it brought me to the page where i viewed the presentation, I registered and became their referral.

so my goal here is to create a link to direct users to the sign up page, but at the same time making sure I get credit for referring them.

any help?
CDessylia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: April 14, 2009, 06:47:47 AM »

newbie here, so after sign up, what next and where i must configuration my domain? and are i need website to running this system from GDI ?
Y_Wang

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 18, 2009, 07:04:29 AM »

Who could tell me how to make the page in the middle?I use the builder ,thanks
L Samara

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 04, 2009, 07:35:05 AM »

Hello, my name is Linda and I'm haveing a little trouble getting started with my site. You see, I joined yesterday and my husband and I built the homepage, with not much on it, and I'm pretty sure sure we published it but he doens't think so. Anyway today I tried to get on and edit the site but I'm not sure how. If anyone could tell me where to go to edit the site - like from the member account homepage - it would be greatly apperciated.
P_Kathy

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 04, 2009, 11:43:05 AM »

Hi!  My name is Kathy and I am new to GDI. I've been trying to work on my website (a personal retail site) but the more I read about the website design on the forum, the more confused I get! I have just one question now (and I'm sure many more later)- can the image on the header of the template be changed or do we have to take what we get on the template? I'm trying to figure out how to customize this for businesses in town.

Thanks!
Dave H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: May 05, 2009, 09:27:09 AM »

Hello, my name is Linda and I'm haveing a little trouble getting started with my site. You see, I joined yesterday and my husband and I built the homepage, with not much on it, and I'm pretty sure sure we published it but he doens't think so. Anyway today I tried to get on and edit the site but I'm not sure how. If anyone could tell me where to go to edit the site - like from the member account homepage - it would be greatly apperciated.
Hi Linda, Login, scroll down left side menu to your Registered Domain name, click on it, go through the process ie, choose..Site Builder, next page Build My Website, your website pages will appear, then click on Edit for your chosen page..always save and then publish your work. Hope this helps..All the best Dave

"I never ran 1000 miles. I could never have done that. I ran one mile 1000 times."
- Stu Mittleman, World Record Holder for Ultra-Distance running.
Dave H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: May 05, 2009, 09:27:09 AM »

Hi!  My name is Kathy and I am new to GDI. I've been trying to work on my website (a personal retail site) but the more I read about the website design on the forum, the more confused I get! I have just one question now (and I'm sure many more later)- can the image on the header of the template be changed or do we have to take what we get on the template? I'm trying to figure out how to customize this for businesses in town.

Thanks!
Hi Kathy, I don't think you can change the templates if you have chosen the Site Builder, if you choose Basic Hosting then you can do your own thing..
All the best Dave

"I never ran 1000 miles. I could never have done that. I ran one mile 1000 times."
Dave H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: May 05, 2009, 09:27:09 AM »

so my goal here is to create a link to direct users to the sign up page, but at the same time making sure I get credit for referring them.

any help?
Hi, First of all choose the link you would like your visitors to go to, get them from left hand menu after login, click on My Replicated sites.., here is an example of how your link would look
<a href="http://website.ws/kvmlm2/ws.dhtml?sponsor=YOURGDIUSERNAME&template=2" target="_blank">Get a 7 Day Free Trial</a>
If you edit your page in Design View, you can type in the text you want your visitors to see first, then highlight the text, choose the link button from the top of the editor, and a window will pop up where you can put the URL to your link and also choose to have the link open in a new window..Hope this helps..All the best Dave
Hope this helps..All the Best Dave

Gareth_R

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 07, 2009, 09:57:52 AM »

Hi Guys

Does anybody know if i can place a autoresponder on my website page. I have the html code but when i try to paste it onto my website the code appears not the responder. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Dave H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: May 10, 2009, 06:22:10 AM »

Hi Guys

Does anybody know if i can place a autoresponder on my website page. I have the html code but when i try to paste it onto my website the code appears not the responder. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Hi Gareth, When you are editing your page, make sure you are viewing the editing in source view (options can be found at bottom of page editor), this is where all the html goes, if you have the page in design view it will just show exactly what you have pasted there.
All the best Dave

M Perez Cotto

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 18, 2009, 06:46:16 AM »

Hi friends:
The non visible pages of my website are not visible in the last three days when the links are clicked in Cry. I waited until now thinking that you were in some administrative mode, but the links to the pages are not working and I'm getting a little preocupied.

Thanks for you help.

M. Perez Cotto
HagiwaraT

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: June 04, 2009, 06:51:58 AM »

Signed up for GDI (one week ago) and went to start putting a web site together and I keep getting a black page and it goes no further then this after clicking on the web site builder icon.  I think I've done everything correctly, i.e., setting up the server through GDI's, but am not making progress.  Help? Embarrassed If this is posted somewhere else and I can read it just send me the link.  Appreciated.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: