March 28, 2024, 05:39:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Banner Questions  (Read 70884 times)
WHamlet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2009, 07:05:59 PM »

Just read this entire thread from "2007" til now. I believe this problem of not being able to make banners work started when GDI changed the website builder. There's never been a tutorial on how the make the banners work and it seems that these pages of repeated banner questions are only read by the folks that are posting the questions. I've kinda given up asking. I keep trying to make it work. I even used a post written by JD Tutterow. I guess his instructions applied to the old version of the website builder, because on my version there is no "HTML Editor" button nor is there an "Insert HTML Code" button at the bottom of the html box that pops up when you're adding text to you site! What I have been able to do, is insert clip art and insert hyperlinks to make it go to the GDI movie invitation page. You have to upload to clip art to your GDI site builder gallery(First). Then you can insert onto your page or pages and insert a hyperlink. Hope this helps a little.   

"Don't neglect to do what you can & always do the best you can."
M Casey

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2009, 02:26:47 PM »

Posted by: WHamlet
Insert Quote
Just read this entire thread from "2007" til now. I believe this problem of not being able to make banners work started when GDI changed the website builder. There's never been a tutorial on how the make the banners work and it seems that these pages of repeated banner questions are only read by the folks that are posting the questions. I've kinda given up asking. I keep trying to make it work. I even used a post written by JD Tutterow. I guess his instructions applied to the old version of the website builder, because on my version there is no "HTML Editor" button nor is there an "Insert HTML Code" button at the bottom of the html box that pops up when you're adding text to you site! What I have been able to do, is insert clip art and insert hyperlinks to make it go to the GDI movie invitation page. You have to upload to clip art to your GDI site builder gallery(First). Then you can insert onto your page or pages and insert a hyperlink. Hope this helps a little.   
Posted on: February 05, 2009, 07:05:59 PM
Posted by: M Casey

Thank you Whamlet  Smiley
I will try and give this a go. Not sure how the hyperlinks work but I will spend some time trying to figure it out. I agree lots of Questions and no help.
Could someone from GDI post a new thread and explain to all new GDIers how to work the banners in. It is a big turn off for new trial members. People are pulling out. Its difficult to promote to new afilliates if you show them no confidence in getting them set up easy.

Mark Casey
GDI Affiliate
Keep on Keeping on.
P De Thierrry

Never Quit! Keep Building!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2009, 03:57:20 PM »

Posted by: WHamlet
Insert Quote
Posted on: February 05, 2009, 07:05:59 PM
Posted by: M Casey

Thank you Whamlet  Smiley
I will try and give this a go. Not sure how the hyperlinks work but I will spend some time trying to figure it out. I agree lots of Questions and no help.
Could someone from GDI post a new thread and explain to all new GDIers how to work the banners in. It is a big turn off for new trial members. People are pulling out. Its difficult to promote to new afilliates if you show them no confidence in getting them set up easy.

I posted in one of the posts I did to you about the banner by copying the banner to your picture folder and then uploading it to the gallery and then placing it on the website, hyperlink is just putting a link on the image so when you hover your mouse over it, you pointer changes to a hand, indicating the image is linked to a url,

Contact .Ws support about the issue with html banner codes not working in sitebuilder, maybe the more support emails they get on this issue will push them to get thier tech guys to look at it.

Patrick De Thierry
Auckland, New Zealand

For your free autoresponder for your webpage, just private message.

"Extra ordinary people do daily what ordinary people do occasionally"
A Groelsma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2009, 03:06:21 PM »

Hi to all members of GDI, I am just decided to cancel my membership because I don't have money to pay $10 dollars a month and I still not making money here though...Please help me how to cancel my account. I have no job right now this is why I cancel it. I just wanna go back here when I got a job and have money to pay every month for a membership here. I wish you luck guys.
M Casey

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2009, 04:17:32 PM »

Banner Problem Resolved.

Hi all i have finally got a solution to the banner problem for all to use.
 Everytime you copy and paste the code it comes out as code?

This is the solution.
1. Log into your account www.website.ws/members
2. On the left hand side click on "Banners"
3. Select the banner of your preference and click on "Show me the code!"
link
4. Copy the code for the banner
5. Select the "Domains" button from within your account.
6. Select the "SiteBuilder" link for the appropriate domain.
7. Click the "Edit" button for the page you would like to add the
button.
8. Select the "text" link option from the tool bar.
9. Select the "Source" tab.
10. Paste your Banner code in the "HTML Text" section using Ctrl and V.
11. Click the "OK" button.

Thanks to others who have helped out like De Theirry.
Please go have a look at my improved site now with banners and help for newbies.  http://mcaseymarketing.ws

Hope this helps a lot of you out.

Mark Casey
GDI Affiliate
Keep on Keeping on.
TriciaR

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2009, 08:18:45 AM »

I'm a newbie and would like some help.  I would like to use the great GDI Banners on ads I do myself or on my other emails, but don't know how to do it.  Can someone help?  I would greatly appreciate it   Smiley
D_Jackson

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2009, 11:28:31 AM »

Well when i started this i put up a few banners and it was fine. then after a few days i tried to put up a banner and it would not paste.when i right click it dont open all its say is  select all. or it will make me paste on a different page and the banner still dont come out when i paste it from there.What can i do? I would really like some help Cry 
DAlberts

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2009, 01:38:28 PM »

I just want to know how to add a banner to my site, because I can't seem to get it right. On what website must I post the 'code'? Because it don't open if i put it in the adress box
UlyssesM

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2009, 02:21:06 PM »

Hello Guys,

Can someone tell me how I can attach one of GDI banners on my website. I am total newbie here and never done this before. Thanks!

Ulysses
MartynasD

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2009, 07:11:26 AM »

How to use this baner>Huh?

<object  classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
    codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0"
    width="468" height="60">
    <param name=movie
    value="http://images.website.ws/images/english/banners/kvmlm2/468x60_02.swf?usetop=1&link1=http%3A%2F%2Fwebsite%2Ews%2Fkvmlm2%2Fmy%2Edhtml%3Fsponsor%3Dmartynasd">
    <param name=quality value=high>
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">
    <embed src="http://images.website.ws/images/english/banners/kvmlm2/468x60_02.swf?usetop=1&link1=http%3A%2F%2Fwebsite%2Ews%2Fkvmlm2%2Fmy%2Edhtml%3Fsponsor%3Dmartynasd"
    type="application/x-shockwave-flash" quality="high"
    width="468" height="60"
    allowScriptAccess="always"
    pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" >
    </embed>
    </object>
B Parnell

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2009, 03:53:06 PM »

I thought I could this---placing banners on website.  I'm still in the learning stage.  I copied  a
banner code and went to website and clicked on edit, but I couldn't paste it.  One tried and the code wound up on the heading.

I have looked and looked and haven't had any luck finding the right information to do this.

I have a Plug-in-Profit site and I'm working on it too.  I have it in Kompozer.  Some banners insert
ok and others don't.

I'm gonna need much help, but I want to learn how to do all of this.  Web design
is a wide field.  Thanks to anyone who offers help.

Bobbie J. Parnell
FlorinVasilescu Duicu

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2009, 09:14:46 AM »

Hy,I have read almost all the ideeas and I stil can nout upload a banner from gdi on to my site.I have read the easy steps that you have provided  me,but with no results.pleasse help me understand why it does not workand what shoul AI do after I press edit on my builder...again step by step and try to think of me as a man that can not speek english.pls trie to make me understand
 Huh
Dave H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2009, 04:02:43 PM »

Hi,
First Copy the banner code..
To add the  banner code to your web page, go into your site builder, click edit on the page where you would like your banner to go..
When the page has loaded double click within the page, your page editor will then pop up. To insert banner code choose and click on source (at bottom of page editor, and middle of three options Design-Source-Preview)
Paste the copied banner code into the source page,  then click  to Design Mode,  you can move your banner around by clicking into it, holding and dragging to where you would like it to be, once satisfied with the banner position,  to leave the page editor, Click Save and then Go Back on the movable menu..Hope this helps
PS..When copying and pasting use the Edit option from  your browser this seems to work whereas the copy and paste in the Site Builder doesn't always.
 All the best Dave  Undecided

"I never ran 1000 miles. I could never have done that. I ran one mile 1000 times."
- Stu Mittleman, World Record Holder for Ultra-Distance running.
B Parnell

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2009, 03:15:56 AM »

Hello Dave H,

Thanks for your response to my banner question.  Your instructions worked fine the second time I tried it. The first time I tried I missed a step.

Bobbie J. Parnell
J Bruce

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2009, 03:09:44 AM »

Ok i figured out whats going on while trying to insert html code for banners . it might work for other html as well.

while editing , click on text

the menu where you enter text pops up , select the source tab at the bottom next to design and preview

(if you already have copied the html code )on line 1 place your cursor next to the end of the small snippet of code already there ( > ) to the right of that or on line 2 .

heres where i found i was messing up . do not right click and paste !! instead ( on windows ) ctrl + v will paste the code correctly on each numbered line .

click OK .

I noticed this when i did what you all are doing now . the code gets pasted on the first 2 lines instead of 3 - 15 lines .

so paste hotkeys are the way to go . im not sure what they are in linux or mac . ya might have to google if you dont already know .

Hope this helped Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: