March 29, 2024, 08:55:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: SEO: SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION  (Read 38295 times)
CandaceSaunders

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2008, 11:46:55 AM »

I am using the sitebuilder and having so much trouble trying to get my meta tag verified from the Google Webtools. I have tried adding the meta tag description that James suggested and I am still unsuccessful. AHHHHH!!! not sure if I am doing it wrong, putting it in the wrong place or what. Please help Embarrassed
Andrei DorinA

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2009, 12:12:25 PM »

For James Jenkins :

This is for everyone using SiteBuilder,

I highly recommend that you start a Google account. It allows you access to many of their services like, blogger, adwords, etc. There is also a webmasters section. Much good, but general, information. However, to use many of their webmaster tools you are required to register your website main domain name (i.e. http//yoursite.ws/).

They then provide you an html snipet to add to your site so they can validate you are the owner.

This is a problem for those using the sitebuilder to create a website. But, I have discovered a workaround!

In your additional properties (where the meta tags & discription are added) for your home page, in the meta description block, modify the code google gave you, as follows:

This is your meta description for your site. It is in plain english, or your language of choice."/>
<meta name="verify-v1" content="qIg3D8eXuuVVIl7p2JnLzEw8PQYcGbJ8W1ujPLJv+1g=" /><

Just change the above code with what Google provides you. It's just a slight change to the end of your description and the end of the code.

I don't know if it is my imagination or not, but registering my site seemed to get it indexed in just a few days, AND updates I make to it seem to be spydered in about 24-48 hours. Maybe it would have happened anyway, but can't hurt to let Google know you're there.

I'm still working on a sitemap that Google will recognize as valid. Anyone got suggestions on how to do that? Remember, this is using GDI sitebuilder.

Thanks All,

I'm getting crazy . How I do this . Google gives me the code and then what ? I'm using a template from site builder 4.01

Where I insert the code . I tried in many ways and nothing works. I'm at my first website . Help !
Hagiu Valeriu

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2009, 11:36:31 PM »

For James Jenkins :

This is for everyone using SiteBuilder,

I highly recommend that you start a Google account. It allows you access to many of their services like, blogger, adwords, etc. There is also a webmasters section. Much good, but general, information. However, to use many of their webmaster tools you are required to register your website main domain name (i.e. http//yoursite.ws/).

They then provide you an html snipet to add to your site so they can validate you are the owner.

This is a problem for those using the sitebuilder to create a website. But, I have discovered a workaround!

In your additional properties (where the meta tags & discription are added) for your home page, in the meta description block, modify the code google gave you, as follows:

This is your meta description for your site. It is in plain english, or your language of choice."/>
<meta name="verify-v1" content="qIg3D8eXuuVVIl7p2JnLzEw8PQYcGbJ8W1ujPLJv+1g=" /><

Just change the above code with what Google provides you. It's just a slight change to the end of your description and the end of the code.

I don't know if it is my imagination or not, but registering my site seemed to get it indexed in just a few days, AND updates I make to it seem to be spydered in about 24-48 hours. Maybe it would have happened anyway, but can't hurt to let Google know you're there.

I'm still working on a sitemap that Google will recognize as valid. Anyone got suggestions on how to do that? Remember, this is using GDI sitebuilder.

Thanks All,

I'm getting crazy . How I do this . Google gives me the code and then what ? I'm using a template from site builder 4.01

Where I insert the code . I tried in many ways and nothing works. I'm at my first website . Help !
Google gives you the code then you add   "/>  at the beginning of the code and     " /><             after the equal from the end of it. After doing so go to the sitebuilder and click properties from your home page (it's something green like a button) ;   Shocked GO to Description and paste the modified code from google.  Wink ok! Good luck!
 P.S.  Cheesy Sorry for my spelling mistakes. I'm not from USA or UK you know.
Karen_S1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2010, 06:05:19 AM »

Can anyone tell me how long it takes for changes to your site to be there through the search engines? 

May harmony be in the universe
May harmony be in the world
May harmony be in you
VParker

Vincent R Parker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2010, 08:51:12 AM »

Can anyone tell me how long it takes for changes to your site to be there through the search engines? 

Hi Karen.  That really depends.  Google (and other search engines) determine how often they crawl your site based on how often you add new content.  Google crawls my blogs at least once a day, but my lead page only gets crawled about once a week though it used to be a lot less.  Here is a FAQ page I just found for you that may help.  http://sites.google.com/site/webmasterhelpforum/en/faq--crawling--indexing---ranking

Vincent R. Parker
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: