April 29, 2024, 02:36:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Hosting/Disk Storage Questions  (Read 146463 times)
OFillion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: September 13, 2007, 08:25:29 PM »

Hi Vitelio,

I think the only way to change your domain name is to take a new one and cancel the old one.

Brian Fundytus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2007, 03:22:03 AM »

Can I use the DNS provider here for domain names I have registered elsewhere? Huh
Nancy I

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2007, 06:07:46 PM »

Hello, I'm new and my name is Nancy!  I did something really silly... I deleted the frist 2 pages from my domain thinking that I was erasing them so I could start over.  Did I lose these pages for good or is there a way to recover them?
R Hansen

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 26, 2007, 04:52:03 PM »

OK.. I introduced myself. LOL NOW i need a little clearer instructions on how to forward my domain name to the GDI server?? (or something like that)
The link I clicked on (the one that caught my spirit) was the one where the movie automaitcally started playing?Huh I want my link to do the same???  Hmmmmmmm Am I missing something??
Any help would be appreciated Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

To OUR Success!!!
~Robin~

~Robin~
DTerri

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 27, 2007, 12:50:50 PM »

LOL..I thought I was the only one that wanted to do that! When u g 2 my site, the movie starts playing immediately. However, I had to go into domains. Under  DNS Setting, click on URL forwarding. I have my site forwarded to "http://freedom.ws/youraffilliatename/show_dvd" The only catch is that you have to have the forwarding option on. And, unfortunately, you will have to forward your email to somewhere.

OK.. I introduced myself. LOL NOW i need a little clearer instructions on how to forward my domain name to the GDI server?? (or something like that)
The link I clicked on (the one that caught my spirit) was the one where the movie automaitcally started playing?Huh I want my link to do the same???  Hmmmmmmm Am I missing something??
Any help would be appreciated Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

To OUR Success!!!
~Robin~
TLipes

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 02, 2007, 05:47:09 AM »

I have a person in my downline had 3 domain names under her.  Will I receive just the $1 from her or will I receive $1 for each domain she has, making $3 instead from her?
JaapVerduijn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2007, 07:46:32 PM »

I have a person in my downline had 3 domain names under her.  Will I receive just the $1 from her or will I receive $1 for each domain she has, making $3 instead from her?

You will receive a $1 for every domain name, in this particular case that's $3. Not bad, eh?!

Jaap Verduijn.
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: October 11, 2007, 01:04:53 AM »

Can I use the DNS provider here for domain names I have registered elsewhere? Huh

The DNS information is used with the place where the domain was registered so that anyone looking for the domain goes to the correct webserver.
DaveHarnaha

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2007, 06:39:36 PM »

Hi:

Can anyone help me by telling me how to create a backlink to an existing website from GDI?
John OBrien

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: October 19, 2007, 02:18:39 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I have a question I own a Domain name that I didn't
purchase from .WS and I want to have it hosted on
.WS but I can't seem to find where I can do this can
anyone help me with this problem.

Thanks John
NRoberts

Nothing changes if nothing changes.

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 19, 2007, 08:13:31 AM »

Hi John,

I am relatively new at GDI (Day 9) but I'm pretty sure this'll help:

1.  Go to your main login page:  http://www.movie.ws/members/?userid=USERID
     Remember to substitute your own USERID

2.  Login to the main control panel.

3.  Go down the menu on the left and click on "Domains"

4.  This will take you to a page where you should see the default setting for your new domain which reads:
     "Manage your Domains"
           My Domains!

There are five settings you can choose from with your new domain. You can alter the options by clicking the "Change Setting" button. This will place you on a screen (Green Buttons) which gives you the option to select one of the following:

1.  SiteBuilder
2.  Domain and Email Forwarding
3.  High Quality Hosting
4.  Parking Service
5.  Advanced Users Nameservers

If I understand correctly, you want to use your own application to build your site and merely want GDI to host it for you? In this case you select Option 3.

However, to ensure that you receive the best "expert" advice in a step-by-step format I highly recommend the following website:

1.  http://www.gdi-made-easy.ws  (contains just about every 'how to' pertaining GDI business/services one could possibly imagine and so much more)
2.  http//www.website.ws/YOURUSERNAME/hosting (for more info on the hosting aspect etc.)

Hope this helps, good luck!

Nicci

Proudly South African
Ralph McCrum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: October 19, 2007, 08:13:33 AM »

I ALSO HAVE A DOMAIN NAME THAT I WOULD LIKE TO TRANSFER. BUT DO NOT KNOW HOW.
I AM NOT USEING IT AT PRESENT, BUT I DON'T WANT TO LOSE IT.
I WOUNDER HOW MUCH IT WOULD COST TO TRANSFER IT AND JUST STORE IT UNTIL I GET
SET TO USE IT AGAIN. IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO DO THAT ?

RALPH
M Haji

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 21, 2007, 08:57:32 AM »

Hello GDIers!

I have a simple question, I would like to sell one of my Domain name online, how do I do that?
Please show me what are the steps to take.

POST me a message here
thank you GDI

« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 08:58:04 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
Mona Grace E

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 07, 2007, 05:35:30 AM »

my name is mona and i have one lead who asked this. Actually even i was confused but i sill i registered, anyway heres his letter to me pls answer...

the presentation was splendid and mouth watering.The offer will in no small measure help alleviate our present suffering in the care center.
         I am some how confused though, there was a statement to the effect the one has to pay the sum of 10 dollars before he gets a website but there was also a        display that read sign in for free.Please put me on the right track.You can send me the mode of payment and any other condition that is relevant to the venture.
         I will visit the website later.We appreciate and do hope to be in partnership with you and your group.
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: November 07, 2007, 05:42:34 AM »

Hi Mona,

The FREE refers to the 7-day free trial.
So anyone can sign up for free and use the domain name and sitebuilder to build their website.
After 7 days, if they want to continue using GDI, they will be charged $10/month.

Hope that helps.

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: