April 26, 2024, 07:08:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Hosting/Disk Storage Questions  (Read 146404 times)
R_Salas

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 27, 2008, 10:04:10 AM »

Does anybody know what unmasking is? I am having trouble with a website and they said that i have to unmask the domain. I forwarded a ws domain and am having this problem. Has anyone ever heard of this?
Michael Antonio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: January 30, 2008, 06:16:44 AM »

Hi everyone,as of today MSQL is not yet supported by GDI.  I make use of SmartFTP to transfer my files to the server. I only have one question:

How can I use a flat file database (.txt) as an alternative storage of my data collected by my online forms? I've been researching for a week now (I am not a programmer) and I want to use PHP in coding.

Thanks.

"Chance favors those who persists"!  Build Your List - Secret to Success!
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: January 30, 2008, 08:22:32 AM »

Hi everyone,as of today MSQL is not yet supported by GDI.  I make use of SmartFTP to transfer my files to the server. I only have one question:

How can I use a flat file database (.txt) as an alternative storage of my data collected by my online forms? I've been researching for a week now (I am not a programmer) and I want to use PHP in coding.

Thanks.

I googled and found the following resources on storing info in a flat file with php.

Hope you find them useful:
http://www.christian-web-masters.com/articles/web_php-flat-files.html
http://www.joe2torials.com/view_tutorial.php?view=61
http://www.xentrik.net/php/flatfile.php

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
IrinaR

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 22, 2008, 04:55:17 AM »

>:(Please say me anybody if my IP number is the same with "my code" HuhHuh?

Thanks !!!!!

Irina
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: February 22, 2008, 07:40:25 PM »

Hi Irina,

No, your IP number is the unique identification for your computer,
you can check yours by simply going to this site:
http://www.ipchicken.com/

Your "code" -- I assume is your GDI access code?
That's your GDI user id. It's the same as the one you use to sign in to this forum.

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
Adrian_Ficut

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 25, 2008, 08:21:26 AM »

Help . I made a website and I can't connect to hosting.ws using a ftp . It says that the pass is incorrect . Do I need to choose an option in the Domains area to make it work ? Thx .
Andrei R

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: February 26, 2008, 03:43:25 AM »

Hello I'm new in GDI I'm from Romania and when i make my domain I write wrong a word. I write Buisnes and this is not corectly. I want to know what can i do to change my domain name. Thank you very much.
SanjinkaO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: February 26, 2008, 11:52:38 AM »

I don't think you can change it.
You can register another one though.

Sanjinka
DanMcquinn

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 03, 2008, 09:55:03 AM »

Hi every one!  Great forum

Lots of questions answered exept one,   Can you transfer domain names to someone else?
And if so how do you go about doning the transfer?
                                                                        Thnaks Dan
Paul Clare

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 08, 2008, 02:27:10 PM »

Hi everyone,

Ok so I joined GDI just about a month ago and I've just got finished building my website and I'm ready to start advertising it. I have a problem with my domain name though. I use a hosting service other then GDI's, but I want to use my .ws domain name with my website. How can I set it up to be in sync with the .mac hosting service I use? I looked into the help section and it said something about having to put in a CNAME. What's a CNAME? Can someone please help me? By the way I use iWeb to build my websites, then publish them onto .mac hosting if that helps.

Thanks
RobertCoaster

Hello From Long Island NY!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: March 09, 2008, 07:52:06 PM »

Hi Paul,

Not sure about the Cname question but the easiest way to use your GDI domain name with your other hosting service is to change the DNS to forward to that service. Click on "Domain" in the GDI backoffice then click on "change dns" & then "automatic forwarding service"

Take care,
Robert
Javier Silva

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: March 20, 2008, 05:32:56 PM »

I have a prospect that is interested in using GDI to host her already existing website.

She accepts Paypal through her site and pays $40 a month for Yahoo Business because someone else set it up for her like that.

Is GDI hosting capable of an online store to sell products?

She'd like to switch, but wants to make sure of this.

Thanks,

Javier Silva

« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 05:34:48 PM by ChipSnyder » Logged

Why Internet Gurus Aren't Interested In Making You Rich And
How You Can Profit With The Exact Method They Won't Show You
Breanna W

Hello. =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: March 22, 2008, 06:53:01 AM »

Hello. I need to get into my Hosting, but when I enter my user name and pass, I get an error: 530 Login incorrect. But, it is correct. Any Help?  Huh
DSarris

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2008, 02:51:32 PM »

Hello to all...

I was with a phone/phone cards MLM with 1800 down line ,very active and good $$ check coming till the company was sold..
Then nothing, no protection no income...
How GDI protects it's Members?Huh?
Dino.
S Mathews

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 31, 2008, 07:27:41 PM »

I just signed up so haven't gotten to the website part of it yet.  But I was wondering after reading some of the posts here if we only need the one page for the video to be played....it won't matter how much space we have will it.  Can we just leave it the way it is with just the video on it.  I haven't seen any of the others yet as I don't know where to find them.  I find this all confusing to say the least and am not that knowledgeable about it.  But what I get is we need to get people to watch the video which is on our web page and if they sign up, it goes on our line.  But we can't find our own people or send out our own emails but must use their email and they send them out.  The more I read here, the more confused I get.  Shirley
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
  Print  

Jump to: