April 29, 2024, 02:40:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Hosting/Disk Storage Questions  (Read 146464 times)
KarenVaughn

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2007, 05:58:11 AM »

You CAN change your website name, Angie; in fact, I have done so myself.  It may cost you a one time additional $10 a month, depending on when you create your new domain.
This is because every time you enter in a new domain name, you are actually setting up a new account, for which another $10 per month is charged.

Just go to your affiliate site and scroll down to Domains.  You can, at any time, add a new domain (many people have more than one now); put in the new domain name that you want, and then BE sure that you cancel the other one, the domain name that you no longer want.  Once you have cancelled it, as a further follow-up, it is a good idea to contact Customer Service direct to make sure they have receipt of your cancellation request.

It is even a good thing to promote with your downline the BENEFITS of having more than one domain, because every time they get a second or a third, YOU are earning another $1.00 per month off of each one of them. 

As to your question is it necessary to create a domain name in the sign-up process, or can that be done afterwards, it IS necessry in the sign-up stage.  This, I am sure, is to protect those people who have a very specific name in mind that they WANT for their domain.  By securing it immediately when they sign up, this is assuring them that no one else will ever be able to capture or have that name. 

Gail Smith
Texas

I have a follow-up question. I have a domain that was aproved but I cancelled it. Now I would like to use it insteadf of the one I am now using. Am I permitted to do that and how?
Charles Vaughn
M Abhijit

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2007, 06:30:18 PM »

Hello everybody

I am new to GDI and have some questions that should have come to my mind before purchasing the domain name.

First thing first . So let me tell what i know and think (speculate) about all about GDI and GDI Business :-

1.Having purchased the domain name for $10 from GDI i have two options

a) host my website with this domain name through GDI itself and this does not invole any additional cost or
  b) host my website with this domain name through some other company , say kiosk.ws.

2.I have to pay $10 every month to GDI to keep my ownership of the domain name .

3.The website that i host through GDI should be devoted to promotion of GDI business itself and nothing else .

4.I can construct my website using the sitebuilder of GDI .

5.If i build my website using sitebuilder , it automatically get hosted through GDI.

Now my questions are

1.Is it a true business if it is restricted to seling of l domain name on behalf of GDI ? Why people need domain name at all ? To do their own business ,say sell their own product or service or promote their referral links etc., am I right ?

2. If I host my website through GDI , how many subdomain and ad on domains can I launch under the same domain name ?

3. Is my impression that GDI hosted website is compelled to promote GDI product i.e, GDI domain name and nothing else right or wrong ?
mack88
« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2007, 05:02:48 AM »

Hello everybody

I am new to GDI and have some questions that should have come to my mind before purchasing the domain name.

First thing first . So let me tell what i know and think (speculate) about all about GDI and GDI Business :-

1.Having purchased the domain name for $10 from GDI i have two options

a) host my website with this domain name through GDI itself and this does not invole any additional cost or
  b) host my website with this domain name through some other company , say kiosk.ws.

2.I have to pay $10 every month to GDI to keep my ownership of the domain name .

3.The website that i host through GDI should be devoted to promotion of GDI business itself and nothing else .

4.I can construct my website using the sitebuilder of GDI .

5.If i build my website using sitebuilder , it automatically get hosted through GDI.

Now my questions are

1.Is it a true business if it is restricted to seling of l domain name on behalf of GDI ? Why people need domain name at all ? To do their own business ,say sell their own product or service or promote their referral links etc., am I right ?

2. If I host my website through GDI , how many subdomain and ad on domains can I launch under the same domain name ?

3. Is my impression that GDI hosted website is compelled to promote GDI product i.e, GDI domain name and nothing else right or wrong ?

I will try my best to answer your questions or most of them.

1.  First and foremost, as a GDI affliate you are purchasing an the entire line products or services including the business opporturnity.  This includes the domain name, email address, hosting, website builder (all for $10 per month).  Everyone needs to own a piece of Internet Real Estate (they just do not realize it).  That's exactly what a domain name is (Internet Real Estate).  It identifies you and/or your business.  And yes, it is a true business even if there is only one domain.  GDI has the exclusive rights to the .ws extension, that's what they sell.

2.  GDI does not provide the typical contol panel.  Therefore, no sub-domains are available.

3.  You are not obligated or required to promote GDI with your website(s).  That what most people do.  Your website can be about a hobby, another business, family, etc.

Hope that answers your questions

Frank
Claudio PioC

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2007, 04:48:24 AM »

Hi! This host have database mysqll?? If yes where is the link of phpmyadmin?  Thx!
MartinLauritsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2007, 05:54:00 PM »

Hi

I have been wrestling with this for a while. I want to publish some files and make them available by download through my site. This is very important to me and one of the main reasons I wanted a website. I want people to be able to download my files and then be thanked by way of a thank you page. How is the thankyou.html file hosted and how are my product/article files hosted for download? I cannot find anywhere to upload my files. i am using the inbuilt sitebuilder and all that allows me to do is graphics and small media files (100mb is not much). If anyone can help me here it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Marty
M Abhijit

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2007, 12:11:49 PM »

Hi Everybody there,

Good morning .

I want to promote my GDI Business on my sundomain . Can I do it ? Suppose my domainname is abc12.ws . And I create a subdomain under abc.ws . Let it be named xyz.abc.ws . I planned to RIDERECT this subdomain to www. gdi .ws . WIll it show up my gdi url ? If it does not show up my GDI Bausiness site then I shall not be benefitted . That is why I am asking .
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: August 05, 2007, 09:38:31 PM »

Hi! This host have database mysqll?? If yes where is the link of phpmyadmin?  Thx!

Hi Claudio,
No and No sorry
Eric Thompson

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2007, 03:41:02 AM »

I have spent days tring to find an answer at many places in the forum. I want to change my domain name. (I know I can not change my username.) Can I do this and how? and I just want to use the http://www.simplegdi.ws/index.php?page=cpt1&id page for it. I really need to help ASAP Thank You
You can try theses. http:website.ws/kvmlm2/ws.dhtml?sponsor= Insert your user name here &template=

Place                 1,2,3,4,5 is template numbers just change the number to what site you want. Be sure to remove everything but your user name after =      (Then put) & template= 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 either one you chose . I hope this helps. Eric
StefanSodergren

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2007, 03:08:59 PM »

I have a tricky question!
If i would buy a domainname like HennesandMaurtiz.ws or any other "big" domainname can they just demand/take it without paying for the domainname or must they buy it from me?
HennesandMauritz is a trademark right?

regards Stefan
L_Teoh

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2007, 03:08:40 AM »

Or how can i cancel my existing one and create a new one under the same account?

for example my URL now is 'ABC.ws' how can i change it to 'DEF.ws'.

pls help urgent.
mack88
« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2007, 05:15:04 AM »

Or how can i cancel my existing one and create a new one under the same account?

for example my URL now is 'ABC.ws' how can i change it to 'DEF.ws'.

pls help urgent.

Log into your Member's area, click on support and follow the instructions to cancel your domain (not your account).  Then order the new domain.  If you are in your 7-day trial period, it should be a simple process.  If you are outside your 7-day period, you can still cancel, you will have to pay for the new domain.  It's all in your Member's area. 
Chris K

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2007, 05:53:03 PM »

I've found good answers using the forum. Thanks Wink
Angel Moron

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 03, 2007, 08:14:53 AM »

Hola Buenos Dias, mi nombre es angel moron y soy de lima peru. mi pregunta es la siguiente:

Like upload my web site using the way hosting of my DNS?

must use anyone program FTP? somebody has a guide of as this is made?

thanks.
DHarrison

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 06, 2007, 05:01:33 PM »

I was just curious as to whether there have been any problems in Google or other SE's with the .ws domains?  I am a newbie so do not know if this matter has been addressed before?  If there is a place that discusses this issue, please point me to it.  Thanks!
Vitelio R

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 13, 2007, 04:24:20 AM »

Hi, can i change my domain for another name?

Thank............... Wink
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: