April 16, 2024, 05:30:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What marketing tool(s) are most important for your success at GDI?
Opt-in leads - 998 (15.7%)
E-Mailing program to send leads - 923 (14.5%)
Printing suppliers for cards, flyers, etc - 239 (3.8%)
Unlimited Phone services for long distance communication - 97 (1.5%)
Upline support - 728 (11.5%)
Training on internet marketing - 811 (12.8%)
Trianing on Sales techniques - 241 (3.8%)
Training on web design and setup - 253 (4%)
Advertising sources - 878 (13.8%)
Marketing sources - 683 (10.8%)
Motivation for personal growth - 499 (7.9%)
Total Voters: 2357

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: What "tools" do you need to succeed...  (Read 120549 times)
NancySmith

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2007, 09:15:46 AM »

Great initiative! And here comes the however... I am surpised/not surprised that GDI's DVD is not specifically mentioned. It would be interesting to see if anyone really uses the DVD. Why do I ask this. Because I dislike the new option for visitors to request a DVD, and that I only get the contact details for this (mystery) visitor after I confirm the request. Does GDI really expect me to pay some $20 for DVD and parcel delivery services? I have been enthusiastically and in my own way successfully promoting GDI since October 2004 and I appear to have developed an allergy for the DVD. Undecided

Hi Inatio and All,

I don't like being negative, but I couldn't agree with you more about the "gdi lead capture page"
that gives the person looking the ability to request an DVD from you.
This can easily be misused and abused.

Heck, (I hope nobody would do this), but anyone could go to there upline  downline get their username and put a friends or relatives name and request a DVD and have it shipped to that friends or relatives house.

That was the best "lead capture page" and now I don't even use it anymore and I've advised my downline not to use it.

Sorry, but this really was a very bad decision on "Admin" (whoever thought of it) part.
Heck, before they did the recent "face left" of GDI Site, someone had 2 people request an DVD from them and they didn't deny or approve it, the request was left there for around 2 months (suppose to be 7 days), then moved to your upline, now since the "face left" I now have the two same folks request for the DVD, which of course first was requested from my downline and left their for two months. Geeeeeze, Do you think these folks are holding their breath for the DVD, let's hope not.

I'm anxious to see how long the request will be left for me, before moved on to my sponsor.

It saddens me to feel this way, and truthfully this the only thing that I feel where a bad decision was made.

I surly hope someone, who can encourage "Admin." will strongly suggest that the "Request DVD" be removed.
Oh yeah, that brings me to remember..... It states "Request DVD from your Sponsor". Heck you are not someone's sponsor until they join?Huh??

Again, this could and I feel sure is being highly misused and abused.

I do not have a problem with helping my downline build their business, as I have done this, I would not object to sending someone in my downline a DVD, as long as I know this person it taking their GDI business serious and trying to help themselves.

I take my GDI Business Serious, and I will help anyone is my downline who does the same.
I believe in "helping others', "teamwork" ect..... but I also believe in them trying to help themselves and taking their GDI Business Serious.

These people in my GDI Business...... They are not just in my downline, their are my business partners.

Wishing you all much Success in all areas of your life.....

"Teamplayer: One who unites others toward a shared destiny through sharing information and ideas, empowering others, caring and developing trust."

Much Success
Nancy Smith
Brits M

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2007, 03:46:58 AM »

Shocked
I have discovered at least 5 systems that directly links to promoting gdi / building your business. As  newbie I would like to hear from members which ones are worth looking at. Do you use, some, all or none. There is so much information and it's hard to make the right choices!!!  Thanks for your help...
Kerry Austin

Use GDI to promote your primary business.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2007, 03:14:12 AM »

I use many tools.  traffic exchanges for lead capture pages and splash pages that I make.  I use safe lists, directories, sig files, free classifieds, website submission-good for submitting the sites you make.  AdlandPro.  Forums, I have my own forum as well.  I use blogs and free websites that have links to a gdi site. 

I also use an auto responder so I can have may own lead capture pages.  I use other programs that also have GDi in their own business model. Home Income Team, PayitForward4Profits,TheNPN system, 3in7, there's some more too. 

Try marketing GDI as a webiste Fund raiser.  Minor sports team, church, school, health, ect....  The website can promote the organization, list the people, stats and other info about the organization.  People can support the charity by signing up to gdi.  The person that signs up gets to be listed with their link on the organizations website as a donor.  Many possibilities there.

There's also viral marketing.

Set a schedule and to do list for your daily marketing.  Do something everyday towards your goal. 

Having a good upline is important.  Some people never hear from thier uplines.  Thats how I got all the help I needed.  Try to learn and help and communicate with your upines and downlines.  Establish a relationship with some or many of them.  Use msn messanger or skype, or yahoo chat programs.  Hook up and help eachother out.  It win/win when you do that.

Bye fr now

Mark Austin

You can have anything you want in life if you just help enough others get what they want.
DaleParks

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2007, 06:12:05 PM »

Hello GDI Affiliates,

I have finally learned how to create a campaign and autoresponders on a site I signed up with.
Why is it, when I am finished, I click on submit, they are auto reviewed like a spell checker for
" WORD THAT MAY BE INTERPRETED AT SPAM", and list immediately comes back to me of bad words to use. It's like I'm so new and so far everyone has got me scared YOU KNOW WHAT about SPAM with sites saying that if "you" I cause any trouble for there site or organization I will be held completely liable. Yet I see so many website, sounding like Johnny Carson on The Tonight Show, when he would do the skit, "it dices, it slices, it chopes, it grades, and yes my friend it will even get you into heaven". I mean some of the claims out there are way off the rictor scale as far as I am concerned, and I am left feeling "if it sounds to good to be true, it most certainly usually is".

The list has included every single word GDI uses to promote itself, and every singel website I have reviewed uses them even to the extreme compared to us. They are as follows:

* Free
   * Opportunity
   * Network Marketing
   * and so on, I wish I could remember them
      all but it was a list of about 10 words

It gave me the opportunity to ignore there advice, but every one has got me so rediculously afraid of getting in trouble and it prevents me from being creative or feeling competitive with what's out there. This is also a site that allegedly the "heavy hitters" on the "inside know" use, and in fact where GDI itself has a template campaign and autoresponders provide for you to utilize. I mean take a moment and listten to our very own GDI promotional DVD, it uses everyone of the words theywere warning me that might be interpreted as SPAM.

Whjy? Should I just click on "ignore" the next time I create a campaign and autoresponders?

Respectfully Yours,
Dale

FadyA

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2007, 03:10:20 PM »

What is an Opt-in lead?
RivetC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2007, 09:50:33 PM »

Shocked
I have discovered at least 5 systems that directly links to promoting gdi / building your business. As  newbie I would like to hear from members which ones are worth looking at. Do you use, some, all or none. There is so much information and it's hard to make the right choices!!!  Thanks for your help...

Hi Brits I have been using 3in7 It's free to join and you can send new signups down to your 5th level
I have had geat success marketing 3in7's guarantee and some of my member's have been refunded
the $10 like they promise if you don't get 3 signups in 7 days.. do look at the terms thought..

you still need to do work at advertising your not given signups for doing nothing.. and I think some people
think that when they signup.. you also need to send 1000 hits to your 3in7 page in those first 7 days

Love GDI! Live GDI!  Work GDI!
VenitaBrown

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2007, 06:06:32 AM »

hello everyone my name is venita brown and i am new to this . the responses that I have read have been very informative, but I would still like some more information on actually what am I doing. Please don't laugh. I understand the procedure of the e-mails ,but I am confused about how I market my web site and also how to effectively  market GDI. This is a wonderful program, very professionally put together, that's why I joined and I see how this new website.ws will be the new .com or.net.please respond with any comments to help me.

Ecclesiastes 3:1
MmD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2007, 09:47:59 AM »

Great poll ... I constantly ask my team what they need ... and provide it to them. Training on internet marketing is critical so they understand the basics rather than just push affiliate pages. If they learn how to earn you are more likely to reatin them since they'll be more likely to understand how powerful MLM can be and stay being a few weeks ... guaranteeing you stable team and income
HowardMartell

"Repetition is the mother of all Skills"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2007, 04:01:13 AM »

Hello everyone,

The tools for success include the following:

1. Right attitude
2. Solid plan of action
3. Patience
4. Tools which include the following: A good way to followup with prospects, via educational ebooks, video email, phone call based training or 3-ways with your leaders, or good autoresponder based system which does following up for you.
5. People who are in business for themselves must understand the importance of setting appointments and following up with potential clients.
6. A way to create your own leads which opt into your materials ask me and would love to share this with you via my profile.
7. Finally have the can do attitude not the get rich quick one

GOD BLESS,

Howie Martell

PS: Contact me if you would like to know what we use.
MarvinD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2007, 07:04:40 AM »

Veneta,

I think that your question is one that most people who have joined GDI have asked themselves, and were not honest enough to ask others to help answer.

The first thing I feel is necessary is to ask yourself WHY you joined GDI?  When you have that answered the rest gets easier.  Next I invite you to answer this question; Why does anyone want or need to have a website?  This may in fact be the first question to answer, because the answer to this question will arm you with the HOW TO Market this company and its product.

Then your next step is to learn everything you can about the industry we represent.  Defining the industry will also help you in preparing your marketing campaigns.  An education can be expensive yet well worth your time and money if you in fact come away from it learning more than you knew before.

They say Success leaves clues, so look to those that are succesfull both here in GDI and throughout your personal relationships and ask for their help in guiding you forward.  Reading about people who you respect and honor have alot that can add to your personal success.

As I read my response I am thinking that it may not be exactly what you want to hear because of its vagueness and yet I know that without the Foundation (which is what I am laying out for you) one can never experience real success.

Please contact me if you need more specific ideas and continue your participation here in the Forum where you will find a FORTUNE of Information to assist in building your business.

Your Partner In Success,
Marvin Drobes - The EarningCoach
http://www.wealth411.ws

Teaching, Coaching & Mentoring individuals how to earn full-time incomes working from the comfort of their home.
R McDonald

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2007, 03:01:23 PM »

Hello, I think a Very Good marketing and advertising system in place would be more profitable.
GavinH

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 26, 2007, 03:32:10 PM »

Is there any consensus or statistic that indicates which of these two web pages is the better one to refer people to? //website.ws/username or .movie.ws/usename (with the full URL, of course)

Thanks
Gavin
Cape Town, South Africa
Cherise V

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2008, 09:12:32 PM »

I think advertise, advertise and advertise. But, it is imperative to train others to do the same thing. I think to third is to be a constant learner.
Aaron Riddell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2008, 03:37:09 AM »

Top 3

1. A Why......And it needs to be a BIG ONE.

2. A sense of Urgency.

3. Action.

But before you start you need to comfortable with yourself. You will know when you are ready to take charge of your life, this may happen today, tomorrow or 10 years from now. But if you are determined it will happen for you.
Wendell B

$$$$$$$

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2008, 03:16:18 AM »

Hi Selya,

I created my own Lead Capture pages for GDI... (targeting people that are looking for domain name registration):

Would like to hear other peoples opinion about it...  (the good, the bad & the ugly please   Wink) ... please contact me for the URL.

Interested in seeing your link....please email it to me. Thanks!

-Wendell B.-
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: