March 28, 2024, 02:58:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Working Hard and Not Getting Anywhere  (Read 172308 times)
Kyra Tuey

Don't just be in it for now, be in it for LIFE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2005, 01:03:15 PM »

I just wanted to add that, as long as you're doing everything that you can possibly be doing, you know, getting the word out, handing out business cards, flyers, calling all of your friends...whatever methods you're using....it will pay off. Sometimes it's slow, and you have to remember that no...not everyone will be interested. But there WILL be people who are.
Maybe consider another approach to what you're marketing. Are you only telling people about the opportunity to make money? Or are you explaining to them all of the cool benefits there are to having a webpage? Try both approaches....don't just only promote one or the other.

And don't let anyone tell you that it's not worth it or it won't go anywhere. All of us here are in GDI, and we're all LIVING PROOF that it's going somewhere. People ARE going to be skeptical...there are a lot of *schemes* out there. You just have to show them there's nothing to worry about. There's no risk. There's no "blowing tons of money". It's an affordable program. Just $10 a month! I know just about everyone wastes $10 a month....because it's affordable!

So...the point is...it will work! So don't give up! GDI is long-term....not short-term!

Good luck to everyone!  Smiley

Kyra
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 10:32:25 AM by Kyra Tuey » Logged

Thanks,
Kyra
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2005, 06:20:52 PM »

One of the great things about GDI is you do not have to spend a ton of money. Just keep working and it will come. Nothing happens overnight. Keep your attitude up and don't listen to the negative people. Tune them out. I think many of the people that say negative things about what we are doing-do not want us to succeed. If we did that would prove them wrong. Ignore them. We know they will never get anywhere. If they are happy in their cubical or whatever-let them stay there. People like us just have higher expectations of ourselves and are willing and able to make those expectations real. We dance to our own tune. So dance away and make this happen for YOU. Forget about THEM. Cheesy What do they know?
Deborah H
JNapier

Living by Faith! One day at a time!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2005, 08:05:17 AM »

I want to share a story with you new members that I hope will help you to understand how patience and hard work is needed before you can begin to expect positive results in your business.

I grew up on a large farm that my grandfather owned. We all shared in the responsibilities of tending the fields.  My days in the corn field taught me a valuable lesson in patience, attitude, and endurance.

In the spring, grandfather would prepare the land utilizing the tools on hand; an old mare and a plow.  Then, we roped off the rows as evenly as possible to allow for growth between each one. Next, we sowed the corn, dropping the kernels by hand.  After planting each row, we would then have to cover the corn with a hoe. 

After the first rain, weeds started to grow faster than the corn.  We would spend long days in the hot sun hoeing each row to keep the weeds at bay so the tender corn stalks could grow to maturity.  Finally, by the middle of the next season, we had a bountiful harvest.  However, we still had much work to do to preserve it. We canned some, we froze some, we even gave away some to others. 

Now, I am building a business and all the things I learned in tending the corn field prevents me from being discouraged.  I know it will take a lot of work and I have to get out of my comfort zone in order to tend each row (market areas). However, in the right season, I fully expect a bountiful harvest.

All my best,
Norma  Shocked

Living by Faith,
one day at a time!
mack88
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2005, 11:19:46 AM »

Norma!

That was an exceptional life story that shows how the fruits of ones labor, can pour in many blessings over time!  We all reap what we sew!  Keep up the great work!

Frank
Gina Stone

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2005, 06:13:56 PM »

Hi Everyone,

What first attracted me to GDI was the low monthly fee and the idea that no product was involved. I had sold cosmetics for a few years and it was a pain.

Anyway, back in 1978 a friend and I started a BBQ restaurant from scratch. On our first night we sold 2 chicken dinners and a rack of ribs. 20 years later we retired from the place with fans from all over the world grieving our departure.

I have every faith that GDI will overtake my present salary and retire me again. I do work it hard. Mostly snail mail, drop cards and physically pounding the pavement. I know my efforts will pay off and it's worth every bit of my time.

GDI's web package is a great deal!

I enjoy visiting the forum and reading the posts daily. I love being affiliated with this group!

Gina
JNapier

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2005, 07:32:35 PM »

Great story, Gina!! I congratulate you on your past success and I believe you will succeed in this business as well. 

All my best,
Norma  Shocked

Living by Faith,
one day at a time!
ChrisAdamson

Show me the Smurfs!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2005, 09:20:38 AM »

thanks i will try that out! I hate to see people quit after a few days, its sad.
Werner_K

Sailor Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2005, 10:23:10 AM »

Hi Gina;

You are obviously concerned, and rightfully so!
 First:Now, lets look at this a little closer. Two + weeks! To establish a successful business will, most likely, take a little more time.
OK,OK, I know that you are looking for ' just a start ', for some kind of a response!
You have a few people with whom you have been in contact with.Right?
Sometimes, in order to convince others, one is inclined to perhaps overemphasize.Possible?
Second: Consider this,Let GDI do the talking.Go to the Members Site (YOU) read. or if you can,
listen to the Interview with Michael and Alan and not just ONCE. Invite YOUR people to do the same. We might not always have the same impact, or the right words, to influence people.
Besides, what's better than to have it right from the ' Horses' Mouth'?
Third: Invite People to the  weekly Conference Calls, especially Tuesdays.
Question: Where is your Sponsor or your Upline??
And now, lastly, if there is a spouse, He HAS to do the same! INVOLVE him, not convince him
'though!
Well, I hope, that I didn't bore you.
Wishing you Success with GDI,
I remain,WernerK.  San Pedro, Ca

PS. To KLopez, 100,000 Leads! What kind of leads?? The numbers alone will probably not do it!

Werner H Kindor
mack88
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2005, 02:43:17 PM »

there is always second marriages.lol.

Your post made me chuckle!  It just the way you stated it.  I can say I understand with the supportive spouse, even though I do not have one now.  I have been with Network Marketing for a number of years.  I recall when I did have a significant other, she did not and could not understand why I wanted to get involved with making money from home.  I saw the potential.  Fast forward to 2005..I have had success in the past, and I am having success now with GDI, not huge amounts yet, but it is growing at a steady pace.  The majority of my signups have come from people I personally know.  Do not be afraid of your warm market!  They can be tremendous assets!

My suggestion to both KLopez and R_Morneau is try marketing your products and opportunity offline using fliers, drop cards, business cards, just plain old talking to people.  You possibly might be doing this already!  Keep it up.  I wish the both of you much success and your efforts will pay off!  I just know it!  Stay with it and you to will see the fruits of your labor...

Frank
RhondaWarren

Rhonda Warren - The Mom Network

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2005, 08:05:04 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to stop by and post a message regarding those that are feeling stressed by not having much progress with GDI.
Honestly this opportunity is so simple because all we have to do is advertise and then support our downline. The biggest thing to remember is to not give up. If you continue advertising then your downline will grow. You just have to give it time. As someone else said 2 weeks is not long at all to be in GDI and expect alot of results, as with anything you have to get your site out in front of people. And if you are like me I spent the first week asking questions and learning myself. So give it time and your downline will grow.

You will want to be sure when you get a few people then team up with them. Working together creates success for all of you.

So keep your chin up and dont give up! The only way you will fail is if you quit trying! I mean think about it you only need $10 paying customers and your monthly fee is paid for. The rest is in your pocket.What could be better than that!?

Smiley SMILE

To your Success,
Rhonda Warren
The WAHMom Network.WS
Founder & Team Member

"People don't care about how much you know until they know how much you care."
--Linden Wood
Stephanie Remers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2005, 08:05:04 PM »

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know I have been a member of GDI since last October.
My commissions for each month have been as follows:

OCT2004   $0.00
NOV2004   $0.00
DEC2004   $4.00
JAN2005   $9.00
FEB2005   $12.00
MAR2005   $16.00
APR2005   $19.00
MAY2005   $19.00
JUN2005   $20.00
JUL2005   $50.00

For the month of August I am at $44 so far. As you can see NOTHING happened
for the first 2 months! So what happened in July, you ask? I finally got serious and
started WORKING my business. I started seeking out other serious like-minded folks
looking for a home business. During the first few months when nothing happened
even though I was working so hard, I became frustrated. I began to look at other
opportunities. In July I dropped everything and now focus ONLY on GDI.

Do I use Bulkmailer? Yes. Have I gotten signups from it? Yes - not a good percentage,
but several. I also enter good quality Surveyed ONLY leads into the GDI invite system.
Do I get signups from it? Yes, one just yesterday. Smiley 90% of my marketing is online
to safelists. I know most folks will tell you safelists don't work, but ummmmm.....I
guess they do. Wink

In a nutshell, just keep your head up......you will find what works for YOU and when
you do you will be so glad you persevered - I know I am!

In Success,
Stephanie

If you think you can, you can. If you think
you can't, you're right.  ~Henry Ford
JNapier

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2005, 10:18:49 AM »

To be totally honest, I found the majority of the ones who dropped out  in my team were the ones where myself and their immediate upline sponsors were dropping new sign ups under them.
Some of them actually had two or more dropped down to help them build their business. However, it was like they didn't want to do any work themselves. After a little while some of them just quit.

I didn't have one single person passed under me. Yet, I am still active and will remain so.  Much can be said about motivation and determination in order to be successful.  Don't get me wrong, I still believe in helping everyone I can but I don't think it is productive to keep passing new members under the ones who are proving they are not willing to try to build their business also.
Once this has been determined to be the case I will then focus on passing to the ones who are actively building their own downline. I feel they deserve my generousity.

All my best,
Norma  Shocked

Living by Faith,
one day at a time!
ChrisAdamson

Show me the Smurfs!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2005, 02:20:42 PM »

norma,

great as allways, well put! Thanks  Grin
ThomasChen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2005, 08:29:42 AM »

Hi there,
i have been on the offline way for the pass 2 weeks and now i manage to have 33 downlines on my entire network. I have also done as you guys suggested, sending information mails to all my downlines and yes it do work but still there are those who think that they will be able to do it the lazy guy way. I have been working so hard, seeing so many prospect, no matter my direct refferals or ppl that my downline refers. But i am getting no where beyond success.....cause i know this is a team work game but in the end i am the only one working in my entire network.... i need help....would advertising on the newspaper do?? I have already put everything i can into this business.
DRowland

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2005, 04:12:27 PM »

After just a few months I sure wouldn't give up. It takes an average of 2 to 5 years to build a successful business for the average person. It can get expensive yes, but as long as your trying, you will succeed. You do need to have a business plan though. Without a business plan your chances of success are based more on luck, and chance than anything else.
You need to plan your time, money, advertising, etc, etc, etc.....
Also, there are dozens of ways to advertise for free. They do take some time, but that is why you budget your time. I have 5 business's now with GDI. I am having fun with all of them, but I only allocate 2 hours a night to promote my business's on the internet. Why? So I don't get burned out and discouraged with them. There are other things that I can do also. I belong to several forums, where I am making myself known, or already have. Many of the people there know what I am doing, and I know what many of them are doing. I don't always tell everyone when I'm chatting with them, but I do use sig lines like crazy.
Be patient. It takes time to build a successful business. Of any kind.

Sincerely,
Dave
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: