April 24, 2024, 07:17:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Working Hard and Not Getting Anywhere  (Read 172938 times)
KLopez

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2005, 11:19:15 PM »

Hi Ken.

I've just tried new methods of marketing and I've found something that really seems to be working. If you want more info, feel free to pm me Smiley 

Kaci
QuincyM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2005, 03:01:09 AM »

I sometimes feel the same way!

Conte

Conte
MarkT

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2005, 11:47:34 AM »

You just have to stick with it.  GDI is a long term business.  Patience and perserverance is the key.
PhyllisW

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2005, 10:17:15 AM »

Hello Everyone Wink
I have been sitting here for about an hour and a half (dial up, slow, slow) reading people's posts, meeting all the new people who have signed up, WOW, I'm impressed, and checking out people's web sites (excellent ideas out there).  I come here into the Forum when I am feeling frustrated,
and downhearted  Cry, because it lifts my spirits and helps me feel like flying with the eagles again! Wink
I joined GDI in July with no former Net Marketing experience and probably not a whole lot of computer experience either (still raking my imagination to get my web site up).  I have spent so much time reading and not knowing what to do next.  Some of it is starting to click.  Rome sure wasn't built in a day!  As with any program it goes one step at a time and one day at a time.  For all of you who are working hard and not getting anywhere please don't get discouraged.  Read the Forums and notice there are people out there who are doing well, so  know it is possible. In my line of work we use PUT, Practice, Use, Teach, which will go a long way in this business.  Learn everything you can, then practice it, then teach it to your downline. Just an added poem,
        When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
        When the road your're trudging seems all up hill,
        When the funds are low, and the debts are high,
        And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
        When care is pressing you down a bit,
         Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
         As everyone of us sometimes learns,
         And many a failure turns about,
         When he might have won had he stuck it out,
         Don't give up though the pace seems slow,
         You may succeed with another blow.

Success is failure turned inside out,
         The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
         And you never can tell how close you are.
         It may be near when it seems so far,
         So stick to the fight when your're hardest hit,
         It's when things seem worse,
         That you must not quit!!!!!  Don't know the author.

Sorry this post is so long, I just had to do it. Roll Eyes
Phyllis

"We all have choices to make in Life!!"
Marie_F

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2005, 10:53:53 AM »

well said Phyllis.....I'm with you !!  it's easy to get discouraged when you se that other people are getting dozen sof sign ups in a week, but I believe that the majority of thise people have either lots of time to market, or spare money for advertising. For those of us with limited resources, it is slower, but it does happen, 1 person at a time !

Regards... marie
Gina Morales

Easy does it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2005, 05:13:30 PM »

I started this post awhile ago and had no idea that so many others would read and reply. That in itself tells you that most of us are in the same kind of situation when we start with GDI. I've been here for almost 8 weeks and I think I'm finally getting in my"groove." My "groove" isn't going to work for anyone else cause I own it and it's a part of me. We all have our own special one...it's just coming to realize that not having all the answers is okay and having slow times is okay too. It's all about right now and making sure that you are doing this GDI thing your own way. Personal touch is EVERYTHING!!!!  Learn from others and then add something special that comes from you. I think every person who believes they can succeed with GDI will. Hang in there and have fun!!!!

Take Care,

Gina
K Nelson

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2005, 08:11:32 PM »

Hello

I to am very frusterated and have got no where.My funds are very low with being on disability it is very hard. I dont have a down line yet and only one hit recent i am trying to figure out how to respond to them. I havent heard from any of my up line either only to get my web site up and running. I am sorry about you spouce i am just glad mine dont bother me but he dont know yet what i am doing lol. I am just praying and hopeing i can get something going herebecause i think with all these people on this forum we should eventually get somewhere. This is my first work from home adventure and i sure hope i made the righ dissision.but i to will feel better as soon as i see even one person in my down line and i get to know how to go from ther. So i guess we just keep are heads up and keep plugging away at this and it will eventually pay of.

Thanks
                          Have a great day !!

Kim Wink

Have A great Day!
A Friend
Gina Morales

Easy does it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2005, 09:26:45 AM »

Hi Kim,

Don't be discouraged!  I think we all have ups and downs with this type of business. What has helped me is to take the focus off of the referrals for a few days and think about what I want to do with my website. My website isn't done yet but I found a children's vitamin that I can distribute and am looking into a few other products that I believe in. I think if you look at GDI for the website opportunity as well as the referral opportunity it will give you some balance.  There are so are so many opportunities to distribute products for a very minimal investment. (I don't have the money to spend either) I found that taking a break from thinking about GDI prospects actually helped me to revise my approach and this revision is bringing me prospects. Don't put pressure on yourself. This business takes time to build. Don't worry about saying the wrong things to prospects. People who find what thay are looking for at GDI sign up and the ones that don't keep looking.

Take Care,

Gina
Christine Nuttall

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2005, 10:46:38 AM »

Hi I am sorry to hear your plight, but have been reading a lot today on the forum, its all starting to look a bit desperate. Like when the company GDI and your upline want to sell you leads, when its there business they should be giving you leads, which will benefit us and them. No wonder people are quitting, my downlines are getting fed up already and its only been 2 weeks. I think our uplines and GDI should help us build our business. Not to take more money off us, we need incentives of people on our downlines, not really money bonuses, especially those of us who want to be here for our entire future. Come on help us where we need it.
Thanks! for reading this you all know its what we need.

Christine
Marvin Drobes

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2005, 12:27:41 PM »

Chsristine ,

Network Marketing is about relationships and what you are suggesting is only good if the people you are working with are serious about building a business.  I have seen too often how "Giving a person a fish for dinner, and not teaching them how to fish so that they have meals for their lifetime" have destroyed a relationship.

This is a business and there are no free lunches.  People go into a brick and mortar business and have expenses that they must pay to get started.  A bank may assist them with a load but that loan must be paid back.

MAny of us at GDI are trying to position ourselves as leaders.  Leaders Tell their Teams what they are doing, then they Show them how to do same, Then they help you to Try it for yourself until you can DO IT by yourself and then you need to do the same for your team.

I have posted this thought before but once again let me put it out for all to read.
The Networking Company has two (2) things that they must do for their affiliates/distributors;
     1)  They must make sure that the product or service is available for distribution, and
     2)  They must make sure to pay their affiliates/distributors on time.

I have been with GDI since July of 04 and the company has never failed to provide these things.

Your Partner In Success,
Marvin Drobes
mack88
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2005, 01:02:33 PM »

Hello Fellow GDI-ers

I agree with Marvin!  Network Marketing is about building relationships!  Nothing should not and will not be handed to anyone on a silver platter.  Free is not appreciated, does not have percieved value and then it is not taken care of or nurtured in the long run!  Most people will not learn a thing if everything is given to them.  You are in business for youself and must make and pave your own way!  Traditional businesses are done this way and guess what?  So is Network Marketing.  Look at the word Network---the word work is in there.  You have to work at it to become successful. 

GDI does provide a way for an individual to purchase leads.   It is only an option, not a requirement.  The best way to get leads is to create them yourself.  How?  Word of mouth works wonders.  I use it consistently.  Does everyone I speak to jump on board?  Of course not.  Have I had success with word of mouth?  By all means!  Word of mouth is one of the best ways to get leads and those leads are free.  No one gave them to me nor did they promise me success or results from those leads! 

If there are people in your organization that want to quit, so be it!  Let them quit.   It's that simple.  I personally will not beg anyone to stay on board.  This may seem harsh to some, not to all, so be it.  Everyone needs to understand, that it takes time to build a business.  Two weeks of doing this business is not enough time to see results or reach any sort long term goals.  It takes time to reach those goals.

GDI provides you with the tools to succeed. It is up to you to utilize those tools to reach the goals or levels of success you desire or that you have set for yourself!  So let's get out there and use the one tool, that you have had the entire time...Your Mouth!  It works wonders!  How many people are you going to open your mouth up to today and talk to about GDI and this tremendous business?

To your success!

Frank
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 01:06:34 PM by Frank_M » Logged
AlanZ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2005, 02:56:09 PM »

I too want to echo what Marvin and Frank just posted.  I highly recommend Frank's
suggestion about creating your own leads.  This is what I have been doing and it is
working great.  I am networking, creating my own leads and having fun.

There are two types of people in this business you will encounter.  Those who
make excuses and those who just do it. 

Alan
gdi
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2005, 03:09:34 PM »

WOW=WeOfferWisdom!

Thank you for the many solid responses.

After all is said and done, it all boils down to
commitment, focus, follow-through and, knowing
this is long-term.

Chip
Stephanie_Deb

Steph and Deb in Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2005, 05:16:41 PM »

Way to go Marv and Frank! Stephanie and I seem to be hearing from a lot of people about attrition the last several weeks.  Have we had some occur? You bet!  But guess what.... in July we came up with a system, advertised it, got members and have shared all our resources with them. Ever since, our downline has been growing a lot faster than our attrition. That is because several of our downline members are duplicating what we are doing, yet still providing their own unique twist.  We are thrilled to see their success; it's also our success.  We offered to give them information, the rest was their choice to take it and move forward. We are not "heavy hitters"; we're like most of you. Grin

Not everyone "gets it" and sees the big picture with GDI.  If they don't, it's ok, focus on those that want to learn and grow and always let your downline know you are available if they need you. Think of your downline as you would your children.  If you always do everything for them instead of teaching them how to do it themselves, you end up with spoiled kids.  If you give them enough information to help them grow, many will learn and be able teach others what has been taught to them.  GDI is a program for the LONG haul.  We sure hope all of you stick with it! Cool

In Success,
Deb Lane

Let us help you create your online presence!
http://marketers-edge.info
K Nelson

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2005, 05:23:42 PM »

Hi jeff
  i just read your post and yes i believe you rtight ...idont have a downline yet but i to have ha no hepl from my upline either so i have been going it on my own i just hope it works. i have done some online ads and now i have posted on Linkrefferal and get lots of hit to my web page but nothing here yet i hope something soon. yes i think the up and donw should help all the newbies.

Thanks
                        Kim Huh

Have A great Day!
A Friend
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: