April 29, 2024, 09:32:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: Site builder query  (Read 227657 times)
Craig S

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2007, 06:09:34 PM »

so  how can you tell how much space is left  or whats been used up in our websites , ... how much can the gallery hold
thank you
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2007, 11:25:22 PM »

At present using the website builder.... would like to add URL links to my other websites...so when I ckick on a URL it goes there
typing the URL  does not work,  only if you copy n paste into browzer....thank you... Craig

In HTML mode click the icon on the toolbar that looks like a chain link
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2007, 11:27:58 PM »

so  how can you tell how much space is left  or whats been used up in our websites , ... how much can the gallery hold
thank you

Hi Smiley See http://talk.ws/index.php?topic=8377.0
SimonM1

Hi, My name is Simon, I'm from Ireland :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2007, 04:42:20 AM »

I have been with GDI for almost 3 months and I am in the process of putting my GDI site together.

I have sent a support ticket to my question while I wait for a reply, could I get a different way to solve this problem here.

My question is if you made a mistake with your page 1 not with the template but with the layout can it be removed? as I have tried in properties to change the layout even though I can do it there. I am not getting the required results. What I would like to do is have an image top left hand corner with the Text header along side of that, followed by a couple of bullet points under the header and a few more underneath the image to the left hand side of the table or page.

Hi Grant,

If you insert the image onto your page, then either click "Image Properties" on the Toolbar or Right Click over Picture with mouse and then click "Image Properties". You can play around with the Text Flow in there, Your looking for a Left Flow.

Best wishes
Simon

Dreams are just an illusion. I don't want to DO, I want to BE. That is living in the present. Being ok with being instead of doing doing doing....Let GDI help make your dreams come true...
Craig S

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2007, 06:41:48 AM »

ok I"ve read and done what help files say ...click html icon> just type in the full correct URL > click submit ... also tryed with /without the present code in place. .....is there a correct position in the code Huh?
also there is no chain link or world link icon ..after clicking open the html icon
I'm using GDIs sitebuilder 3.0... is there a update ...where Huh?

I'm finaily getting  hits on my website 2nd from top in... google...  type in... (craigs sandwich)
with connecting URLs  I can even do better and stay there better maybe even get some sales

thank you craig
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2007, 10:11:56 PM »

ok I"ve read and done what help files say ...click html icon> just type in the full correct URL > click submit ... also tryed with /without the present code in place. .....is there a correct position in the code Huh?
also there is no chain link or world link icon ..after clicking open the html icon
I'm using GDIs sitebuilder 3.0... is there a update ...where Huh?

I'm finaily getting  hits on my website 2nd from top in... google...  type in... (craigs sandwich)
with connecting URLs  I can even do better and stay there better maybe even get some sales

thank you craig

You have to click the "Insert HTML code to greater display your text, insert a banner, or other html effects" to get to the HTML page.
KeithWorboys

Loose the shades

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2007, 04:40:08 PM »

PLEASE HELP.

A lot of you seem to have trouble with the large space between content blocks on your web pages. (I WISH).   Cry 
My web page is more like a post card. When i try to ADD CONTENT, i can (WOW) as long as the new content  block sits right on top of the previous content.
As you can see, The space that others moan about, I crave.   Undecided
Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to obtain this miraculous space that i hear about

Hi ya all.
40 something going on 21. Cant grow up, (dont want to). Life's to short and so are the weekends
KBeatty

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2007, 03:08:05 AM »

KeithWorboys

Loose the shades

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2007, 05:01:46 PM »

Hi All,

Am wondering if anybody can tell me why? when i design my web page and try to add a new content block, The new contents always over lap the original content instead of following it. This means that i have to limit my page to 4000 characters. Not really enough to get any info on.

My Hits to convert ratio stinks, Over 65 hits last period and no sign ups. Is that normal.

Glad to be a member of GDI, You all seem GREAT

K

Hi ya all.
40 something going on 21. Cant grow up, (dont want to). Life's to short and so are the weekends
Craig S

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2007, 03:41:03 PM »

...Howdy  all Craig S ... just had a problem loading ... URLs .... well thanks to RobB ... 
 lol it was the browser I was using .
..sad to say ...Opera 9.0...9.5  also .... does not work in website editing 
but .....firefox does ....and IE does

Thank you ... GDI rocks
Craig S

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2007, 03:41:04 PM »

don't know about 4000 characters ..... driving more ppl to your website  is a good start
it takes time ...if ya type in (craigs sandwich) on google  I come up 2nd n 3rd  from top
 so 1one way is find a nich on the internet search... to get top 10 rating on page
developing  even more hits and sales ..is a great plan

GDI rocks.......have fun n enjoy
KeithWorboys

Loose the shades

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2007, 06:06:33 AM »

don't know about 4000 characters ..... driving more ppl to your website  is a good start
it takes time ...if ya type in (craigs sandwich) on google  I come up 2nd n 3rd  from top
 so 1one way is find a nich on the internet search... to get top 10 rating on page
developing  even more hits and sales ..is a great plan

GDI rocks.......have fun n enjoy

Hi Craige,

Thanks for that. I like how you have put the personal touch to the sandwich by actually starting to eat it. Very unique.
I could do with knowing how you got your site on google search, as i want to do that myself. would you be able to PM me the directions

Many thanks and Nice Dog.     Smiley
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 06:07:21 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged

Hi ya all.
LBarber

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2007, 03:36:00 AM »

I was wondering if I downloaded a free template like the ones you can use in www.oswd.org , if I could deisgn my webpage there and then upload it or host it with GDI?  I'm not particularly fond of the templates GDI provides.

I know you can programs like dreamweaver, and frontpage.....but those are all html editors, and I haven't found a post yet talking about people being able to just use a template that they downloaded from online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Lanelle
Daniel Hansen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2007, 04:51:24 AM »

Hi All,

I have been trying to update my site, (I am using the hosting option) and would like to know how long it takes AFTER the update for it to take effect.

The file transfer went good with no errors.  I thought it would be fairly immediate but does not seem to be the case.

Thank you for any comments...

Dan

Improvise, adapt and overcome every situation if possible  because there will not always be someone there to help you!

When the student is ready, the teacher appears...
HowardMartell

"Repetition is the mother of all Skills"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2007, 05:10:55 PM »

It should take no longer than 24 hours if recall correctly.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: