April 24, 2024, 11:10:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: Site builder query  (Read 227454 times)
Eric Thompson

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2007, 03:41:02 AM »

use the gdi templates.   http://website.ws/kvmlm2/ws.dhtml?sponsor= insert your user name plus template=1or2or3or4or5
 Just like my site [url]http://www.website.ws/kvmlm2/ws.dhtml?sponsor=dragonrein&template=1                   Place 1or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 at the end of template=
   I hope the helps make sure you change domain foewarding to you site .Eric
DavidSmith3

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2007, 04:06:14 AM »

I just started building my web page a few days ago. I am very annoyed at the lack of content I can get on a page. It's something like 4000 html characters max to a content block. That's fine, but to get any amount of decent content on your page you need to have several content blocks. Now, when i create a content block it just plonks it randomly on the page - always where I don't want it. You can't move them and you can't designate where you want them. so building a page is almost impossible.

Another thing is, sometimes when i create my webpage and i have everything how i want it, i press save and it goes to the preview page. Everything is all over the place and not how it was when i saved it.

It really does seem impossible to build web page. Unless i'm doing it all wrong of course.

Can anyone help me please?? Cheesy
VjJackson

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2007, 09:58:51 AM »

Hey I just signed up and I a bit confused .  Where do iI go to begin building a website?
Paula Nernberg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2007, 04:10:10 PM »

Hey I just signed up and I a bit confused .  Where do iI go to begin building a website?

Hi Vj,
The following is a link that may provide you with some assistance.  It is called GDI Made Easy.  Within this site is another link called Wealth 411.  Also, these forums offer a great volume of valuable information.  If you can't find what you are looking for, please ask.  I hope this will help you with your endeavor.
http://www.gdi-made-easy.ws/index.html.
Paula

Have fun in all that you do.  Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.  A smile really is contagious. Your attitude can dictate the outcome of your experiences. Your mind is a powerful tool. Use it to enhance your life. Project yourself into the positive. Don't be a victim to yourself.
Michelle M1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2007, 06:42:04 PM »

Hi everyone,

I am not familiar with Common Gateway Interface so I have searched and could find no information as to if it can be used in GDI website builder! Before completely saying no I thought I would ask here! Thanks your help is truly appreciated!

Regards,
                                                                          Michelle
                                                         ( Striving to be a winner )

Grant_Wilson

Online Marketer and Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2007, 04:26:42 AM »

I have been with GDI for almost 3 months and I am in the process of putting my GDI site together.

I have sent a support ticket to my question while I wait for a reply, could I get a different way to solve this problem here.

My question is if you made a mistake with your page 1 not with the template but with the layout can it be removed? as I have tried in properties to change the layout even though I can do it there. I am not getting the required results. What I would like to do is have an image top left hand corner with the Text header along side of that, followed by a couple of bullet points under the header and a few more underneath the image to the left hand side of the table or page.

please feel free anyone to add any ideas that they know of and works

Have a wonderful day

Grant Wilson

It's the choices we make and follow through, not the chances we take that determine our Destiny.
Annette R

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2007, 03:25:29 PM »

The fastest way is to edit the actual HTML. This is generally caused by blank header and footer blocks.
Look for <span class="content_header"></span> and or <span class="content_footer"></span>

Hi,

I appreciate Marta's question as I have the exact same problem.  Your answer has not helped me, though, Rob, as I do not know much about HTML. I  went edit, under the balnk sapce, and clicked HTML code, but I couldn't see anything about <span class="content_header"></span> and or <span class="content_footer"></span>

I even copied and pasted  the last part : <span class="content_footer"></span> into the bottom of that content block....but when I previewed it, it still has a huge blank space.

Please could I have more specific instructions?

Thank You,

Annette Ribaux.
SRaul Daniel

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2007, 02:45:21 PM »

Okay. I'm new in all this. Question: How can I make my site look like one of this: http://website.ws/kvmlm2/ws.dhtml?sponsor=username&template=2
I kown that I have to put my username on the link, and then reedirect it, but when I do, it appears the whole url extension.

How can I reedirect it without having the url extension ?

I found this, but I don't understand where to paste it (don't know if it works either):
<html><head><title>WEBSITE.WS - Your Internet Address For Life&trade;</title></head>
<frameset rows="100%,*" border="0" frameborder="0">
<frame src="http://website.ws/kvmlm2/ws.dhtml?domain=www.YourDomain.ws" name="blade-2-1.worldsite.ws" scrolling="auto">
</frameset></html>

Do I have to
Wes Barclay

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2007, 02:52:30 PM »

I think that should be an option for those who do not want to hid behind email..... I personally would not sign up to an anymous websiite. As it happened, I knew my enroller. If it's not possible than that should be changed......
JohnPhillips

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2007, 05:39:06 AM »

I think that should be an option for those who do not want to hid behind email..... I personally would not sign up to an anymous websiite. As it happened, I knew my enroller. If it's not possible than that should be changed......
========
========
Wes,
I'm not sure exactly what other pages you are referring to but if it's in regard to your website, you can put your phone number in your webpages by using the "Additional Properties tab" in the page editor of the Sitebuilder for each page that you want to add your number to. Hope this helps.

If you're referring to GDI'S pages, I DON'T THINK YOU CAN BUT YOU MIGHT TRY THROWING THAT BY "SUPPORT".

Have a Great Day!
John Phillpis

http://www.johnphillips.ws

Have a Great Life Starting Today!
RaulB

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2007, 05:39:09 AM »

How do you start all over when you are bulding your web page?
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2007, 05:42:13 AM »

How do you start all over when you are bulding your web page?

In the website builder there is a delete option??
JWorthington

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2007, 09:45:41 PM »

Hello forum
  Does anyone know if a password to login into certain areas can be added to the .ws sites using the sitebuilder software that comes with it?

Jon Worthington
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2007, 09:54:52 PM »

Hi,

Yes This is possible. You would have to do it with javascript - try http://javascript.internet.com/passwords/
Craig S

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2007, 06:09:30 PM »

At present using the website builder.... would like to add URL links to my other websites...so when I ckick on a URL it goes there
typing the URL  does not work,  only if you copy n paste into browzer....thank you... Craig
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: