April 27, 2024, 07:14:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Use The Invite System  (Read 85296 times)
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2007, 01:17:33 PM »

1) There is a local online paper with classifieds ad here. Would it be ok (meaning not spam) if I place
an ad talking about GDI and request anyone interested to e-mail me their name, then I in turn use the invite program to send out the info??
2) Can I change the subject line of the invite to read...."here is the info you requested" ??

Hi jim,

(1) is perfectly fine since they willingly give you their emails so it's not spam. Just be careful to stop emailing them once they ask you to stop and you must never send repeated emailing of the same messages. Since it's a local paper, why not send them the dvd? or ask for their phone numbers for a quick chat?
(2)absolutely, just use your creativity in the email subject.

Melissa

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
FadyA

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2007, 03:39:21 PM »

I just entered into GDI.  I was so impressed with the 30 min movie that I joined.  What 7 min movie are you talking about?
Eva D

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2007, 03:57:15 PM »

I noticed several messages talking about changing the GDI's default Subject wording, that is referring to company "giving money away". I agree with you, it is a misleading subject line, although in all honesty, it did make me open my email and sign-up for 7-day trial. Still after viewing the movie, I reflected on this line and wondered, where is this "giving away" part?
But my question is, how do I change this Subject in the Invite system?

Eva D (still in the 7-day trial period)
Michael Antonio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2007, 03:10:20 PM »

Cheesy Though using the invite is GOOD, please be careful NOT to invite many people who are not network marketers. They don't know what GDI is. They don't understand what you are promoting. And this may lead to a "rejection" rather than a signup.

"True leadership create leaders, not followers." Smiley

"Chance favors those who persists"!  Build Your List - Secret to Success!
M Khan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2007, 06:42:27 AM »

Really if we see seriously then we will find that invite system of GDI is super and only this can develope your buisness so nicely if you have leads and follow these and use this system properly.
M Khan

We should help to each other for our own success
Murtaza I

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2007, 04:33:24 PM »

To me it seems a little odd to automatically start spreading the word of GDI to my friends and family from the very start. I currently have 0 in my downline, so I know my opinion doesn't mean a whole lot. Thats exactly the reason I won't recommend GDI to people i actually know yet... if they ask me how its working out so far what am I supposed to tell them? "Ummm... to be perfectly honest I spent $10 and haven't made anything yet... please join me!"

It just seems to me like I should make at least a little bit of money before I go around telling my friends and coworkers that I have a wonderful business opportunity for them.
"Nobody who bought a drill actually wanted a drill.

They wanted a hole.

Therefore, if you want to sell drills, you should advertise information about making holes – NOT information
about drills!" - Perry Marshall

Here is what it means. Peole dont really care abt opportunities.  What they do care about, is finding a solution to their problem. Whether that be a lack of money, or time with their family, etc... and Your job, is to position your opportunity as the solution to that problem...

Other thing you need to understand is you got to define your target market, people who are already in the industry, believe in it, and who get out there and practice network marketing.
Other type of people you should target is product users, those who need a website. These people are your TRUE target market.

Just remember the difference between people who simply inquire about your offer, and those who are already spending money on something similar.
BSlansky

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2007, 06:27:25 AM »

Hello GDI Friends,

I love the 7 minute movie! I am watching it myself like 6 times a day - it makes me smile on how beautifuly it's done. I believe it will sort out all the people who are serious from the curious.

Personaly I think we just need to expose that flash presentation to large amount of people.

Brett Roll Eyes
CamelliaPuffer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2007, 04:48:24 AM »

I was wondering how many emails the invite system sends?  So far I've only noticed 3.

1) the initial invitation
2) an email if someone opened the invitation
3) an email if someone opened the invitation and didn't view the video.

I want to know how much follow up it really does.

thanks every one at GDI - I'm one week new and very excited !

Camellia

If you think you can or think you can't --  your right!
Christopher Drew

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2007, 06:49:14 AM »

You have a good point, but also consider this: If you tell your friends and family about it, all you would have to say is come check this movie out! Get them to the computer and have them watch the movie. If they ask how it is working out...just be honest...I just signed up, you should to! If they give ya a fit...just tell em to get back with ya in a month or two to see how it is working out...simple.

All my friends and family said that "yeah in a few months let me know hows it going", or "You'll have wasted $30 in 3 months, than Ill be right" or something like that.  I plan to follow up in 3 months and show them they are wrong.  ALSO, I am not doing any marketing or advertising yet, until I have a solid plan for my downline.  No point in getting 20 people to sign up if you cant show them how to do it, they will just leave in a month or two if you cant tutor them.
DaleParks

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2007, 06:23:09 PM »

Dear Co-GDI Members,

Policy is the "Invite" system is only to be used for people that you actually know, have talked to, called, received permission and interst from them, etc., and not for purchased leads or mass lead lists. It souinds like some are using it for email leads, unless I am misunderstanding? Correct?

There are great questions that come in the Forum, the thread keeps going and going, but the question never gets answered? Sometimes I feel like this great big secret is being held back from me I average one person a month since April, but nothing more from July on.

I also have come to realize I need to learn more and more, for us relatively new members the learning curve is steep and if your not careful expensive. This Forum has been priceless to me, and I love the interaction and feeback. I was going to sign up for one of the training's posted, but once I realized it was going to cost me, I decided to send an email for further information.

My motto continues to be traffic, traffic, traffic, but I'm still not succeeding yet.

Kudo's to everyone in our GDI worldwide family.

Respectfully Yours,
Dale
AlanChapman

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2007, 05:44:32 AM »

the invite system is as you say , "supposedly" just for those you know , in reality if you have all the details of someone who is looking for a home biz opportunity then that is valid - by details I means - first and last name , email , home address , phone number , ip address.

I believe thats how most people are using the system , if it was not allowed then GDI would be canceling memberships all over the place and you would come across posting on the net to that affect.

GDI has set up it wonderful autoresponder series , I think its for 7 days - what a waste if people couldn't use genuine bought leads from the top lead providers !
Barry_G

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2007, 02:52:30 PM »

Been a member for 10 days and have 12 in my down-line, and I don't use the 'invite' system.  The 'canned' wording in the email, by its very nature is impersonal. And if these emails are to be sent only to friends/relatives and people you've already spoken to, why in the h*ll would you send a robotic impersonal email to them.

I understand GDI's logic. The invites would be for people who aren't comfortable writing a coherent sentence or two. Or who might write way too much info and turn off a prospect.  But for those who can connect a few short sentences together without spilling the beans, it makes more sense to use a regular email program. You can Bcc  the invites...at least the bulk emailing can be personalized AND is coming from an email address that has a much better chance of getting through. Of course we won't know who actually opens the email and views the video, but that's all the more reason to send a polite follow-up: "So, Bubba, what did you think of that video? Pretty awesome, huh? Got questions? E me back and let me know what you think."

Anyway, just my unasked for opinion.

Barry
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 02:57:52 PM by ChipSnyder » Logged
Paula Nernberg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2007, 10:32:54 PM »

Been a member for 10 days and have 12 in my down-line, and I don't use the 'invite' system.  The 'canned' wording in the email, by its very nature is impersonal. And if these emails are to be sent only to friends/relatives and people you've already spoken to, why in the h*ll would you send a robotic impersonal email to them.

I understand GDI's logic. The invites would be for people who aren't comfortable writing a coherent sentence or two. Or who might write way too much info and turn off a prospect.  But for those who can connect a few short sentences together without spilling the beans, it makes more sense to use a regular email program. You can Bcc  the invites...at least the bulk emailing can be personalized AND is coming from an email address that has a much better chance of getting through. Of course we won't know who actually opens the email and views the video, but that's all the more reason to send a polite follow-up: "So, Bubba, what did you think of that video? Pretty awesome, huh? Got questions? E me back and let me know what you think."

Anyway, just my unasked for opinion.

Barry

The GDI invite system is for people you aleady know because of the laws of spam.  If you take a look at your own email, you will see how many people are trying to sell you on an idea.  GDI is not trying to selll anything.  However, it is offering an opportunity to people who see it as such.  But GDI follows the rules as you should.  Secondly, I agree that people you know will be more apt to getting involved with a personalized email than the one set forth by GDI.  However, that is the individual's preference.  There is no one set way of doing things as each individual thinks differently.  Hind sight will leave many in the wings.  Follow up is an essential part of your success.  I choose to do this personally and not through an automated system in hopes that the individual feels that their concerns are addressed personally.  And just so that you know Barry, Your opinion does count.
Paula

Have fun in all that you do.  Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.  A smile really is contagious. Your attitude can dictate the outcome of your experiences. Your mind is a powerful tool. Use it to enhance your life. Project yourself into the positive. Don't be a victim to yourself.
Darren Olander

Darren Olander

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2007, 06:30:22 AM »

Good points.. I agree that if you have a very close friend or family member I would instead send them an e-mail directly.. i will post a simple type of e-mail you could use:

Dear friend,

Darren here...

It's been a long time since we talked, but I started thinking about you today.

How are things going? What have you been up to lately? I miss how we used to (fill in the blank)...

(continue communicating on a personal level until you've said everything you want to say)

I hope to hear from you soon!

Warm regards,

Your Name

P.S. I recently launched my own Internet business to earn some extra money from home and things are going great! If you get some time, check out my website at:
[INSERT YOUR AFF LINK - I would use Movie URL]

In fact, knowing you, this could be right up your alley. Plus it is a free 7 day trial so you can't lose!

Let me know what you think! :-)

With anyone else.. use the invite system!

Darren Olander
Proud Founder of the Prosperity Marketing System
Build Your GDI Business Using The Prosperity Marketing System! (check my profile & website)
D_Shinn

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2007, 03:19:17 AM »

I have used the invite system with leads that were recomended in GDI made easy. I have used them almost every day for about 3 months without any problems and actually got several sign-ups. Last week my site was shut down down for about 24 hours becausce
someone reported that they were spamed. I had all of the information needed to prove that it was nor spam.  I received an email from GDI..they put my site back on line and said that if that happens again, that privelage may not be extended the next time. If the information that they wanted had not been saved, it would cost $199.00 dollars to be renstated.  So my invite system use is over.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: