April 29, 2024, 11:11:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: Site builder query  (Read 227659 times)
AlanChapman

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2007, 08:20:01 AM »

Dan ,

I think you need to put a ? at the end of your url to make your isp update your files.

so if you were wanting to get an updated copy of http://www.website.ws then you

would type http://www.website.ws?

this is a common problem as your pc and your isp's servers will give you the cached

option for any webpage you ask for as its quicker and uses less bandwidth than going and getting

a fresh copy every time you ask

AlanJChapman
SimonM1

Hi, My name is Simon, I'm from Ireland :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2007, 03:14:36 AM »

Hi All,

I have been trying to update my site, (I am using the hosting option) and would like to know how long it takes AFTER the update for it to take effect.

The file transfer went good with no errors.  I thought it would be fairly immediate but does not seem to be the case.

Thank you for any comments...

Dan

Hi Dan

The Update had probably already taken effect, Try Refreshing your Browser or going into Tools and Internet Options in your Browser and Deleting the Temporary Internet Files.
Your browser may not check for up website updates every time you view a website, therefore you will be seeing the same as the last time you viewed it, (as is in your Temporary Internet Files)

hope this helps
Simon

Dreams are just an illusion. I don't want to DO, I want to BE. That is living in the present. Being ok with being instead of doing doing doing....Let GDI help make your dreams come true...
TeaivanyiVelaraj

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2007, 03:33:38 AM »

hi .. i would like know about how to save (upload) the docmt save as webpage in editor page...
can do so? how 2 create webside as simple ...
tq
Eric Estrada Sr

Southern Gentleman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2007, 04:00:15 AM »

Hello out there. I am Eric Estrada Sr. and I am fairly new to GDI. At first the GDI web page I had the Presentatios ferrari close to the top of the page. Now it is all the way down on the bottom after ALOT of testimonials. Most people going to my web site do not go down that far to view the presentation now. Can I bring the presentation back up ccloser to the top? I am not very good at creating web pages. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 04:03:22 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
SimonM1

Hi, My name is Simon, I'm from Ireland :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2007, 06:07:42 PM »

hi .. i would like know about how to save (upload) the docmt save as webpage in editor page...
can do so? how 2 create webside as simple ...
tq

Hi There,  I find the best way to it is,  In your Editor Page of SiteBuilder,  Click on the HTML tab,  don't worry if you don't under stand any of the HTML.   Just Highlight and Copy all of it and then Paste it into a new Windows Notebook Document.  then Save it using the file name "index.html".

Its good to save all your pages so you have them backed up.

If you want to use the GDI Hosting Service, and upload your own website that you made using a another program.  you will need an "FTP Program".  Just search for a Free FTP Program, there are plenty available on the internet.

Best wishes
Simon

Dreams are just an illusion. I don't want to DO, I want to BE. That is living in the present. Being ok with being instead of doing doing doing....Let GDI help make your dreams come true...
Tracey R

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2007, 01:41:27 PM »

Hi everyone, I have built a website and it looks great .
I started working on a second page,I want it to be available, but individually. I want it available to certain people. Is this possible?
I tried the url     myname.ws/.......     but comes up as the affiliate page??
Am I makin any sense?  lol
thanks for your help.

tracey
DHunt

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2007, 03:23:11 PM »

Angry

I am so frustrated!!!!! I can't get my page to publish or preview. I'm upset there isn't any online chat support. Okay maybe one of you can help me. I clicked on site builder and was able to get to the document area to type in the info for my page. When i was done I clicked submit which took me to a login page  and my websitge still wasn't published. Let me add that I clicked the publish button. I am not building this site just for GDS but for my other business and I wanted to put my GDI link on the page. This sucks and i'm pissed. I have been on this since 6:30 and now it's 9:37, i've sent 2 emails to GDS. SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO STEP BY STEP!!!! The reason I joined GDS is for the website the biz opportunity was the icing on the cake. Can somebody help me,
SMorton

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2007, 06:16:12 AM »

Hi,

Sounds to me like you timed out and the info in your edit block was lost.

Hopefully, you have a copy of the text and you will be able to paste it back into an edit block and click submit.

You can add and submit more edit blocks as required. Click 'publish all', and you should be able to see your page in the preview or on the website.  Make sure you have selected that the page be visible.

I've lost info because of the system timing out - it's very frustrating! As a rule, I write the text in notepad or word first and then paste it into sitebuilder - much safer.

Sandra
D Davidson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2007, 06:16:12 AM »

I've built the basics of my site using the site builder.  Now I'm trying to verify my site with google and it says I need to do one of two things.  Either 1) Add a Meta Tag in the specific place they say as follows:

We couldn't find the verification meta tag in the HEAD section of your site's home page. If you see this error, check the following:

That you've placed the meta tag on the correct page. We look for it on your site's home page. This is the page that your server returns when someone requests your site (such as http://www.example.com/). This page is often named index.html or index.htm, but could be named differently, depending on your server's configuration.
That you've placed the meta tag in the correct place on the page. We look for it in the page's HEAD section. An example of correct placement is shown below.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Your Title</TITLE>
<META name="verify-v1" content="String_we_ask_for">
</HEAD>
<BODY>

or 2) I can upload an HTML file the way they say as follows:

To verify your site by uploading an HTML file:

Sign into Google webmaster tools with your Google Account.
Click Verify next to the site you want.
In the Choose verification method list, select Upload an HTML file, and follow the steps on your screen.
Using any text editor, create the file that we ask for and make sure to save it with the exact name we ask for (for example, google11e5844324b7354e.html). The filename is case-sensitive and must have an ".html" extension. The file itself can be empty - we don't read the content of the file, but only check to see that it exists in the specified location. Upload the file to your webserver to the location we specify. Generally, this is the root folder for your site.
Once you have uploaded the file, click Verify button. We will verify that the file exists in the specified location. If we can't access the file, we'll give you information about the error we encountered. Once this problem is resolved, try to verify your site again.

I tried this and got an error message as follows:

We've detected that your server returns a status of 200 (found successfully) for pages that don't exist.

We've detected that your server returns a status of 200 (found successfully) for pages that don't exist. We can't verify sites with this configuration because it would enable anyone to verify ownership of your site. You can try our meta tag verification method or change your server's configuration.

This configuration presents a security risk for site verification and therefore, we can't verify your site. If your web server is configured to return a status of 200 (found) in the header of 404 (not found) pages, and we enabled you to verify your site with this configuration, others would be able to take advantage of this and verify your site as well. To ensure that no one can take advantage of this configuration to view statistics to sites they don't own, we only verify sites that return a status of 404 in the header of 404 pages.

If your server is configured to return something other than a 404 for non-existent pages, try our meta tag verification method or change your server's configuration.

You can change your web server configuration to return a status of 404 in the header of 404 pages and still provide a custom error page (see Apache information and IIS information). Note that we do a HEAD request (and not a GET request) when we check for this. Once your web server is configured correctly, try to verify the site again and we'll recheck your configuration

Huh

I am now completely lost and confused as I am new to website ANYTHING and thought I was doing good to figure out how to use the site builder.  Can anyone help me?  Is this possible to fix and have google verify the website while still using site builder? or do I have to start from scratch and use GDI hosting and try to figure out how to build my own website with some kind of software?http://
SallyK

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2007, 12:42:19 AM »

Hello All,

I'm new here and started building my website today.  I wrote a page and then pushed the "submit" button at the bottom of the page but I can't find the page content anywhere.  When I hit the preview button (and any other button) all I get is a blank template with the "replace this with yours" blurb...Where did my content go?!  Please help! Cry
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2007, 01:02:27 AM »

Hello All,

I'm new here and started building my website today.  I wrote a page and then pushed the "submit" button at the bottom of the page but I can't find the page content anywhere.  When I hit the preview button (and any other button) all I get is a blank template with the "replace this with yours" blurb...Where did my content go?!  Please help! Cry

Hi Sally You need to select publish before the pages go live.
JoaoRodrigues

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2007, 04:59:54 PM »

Hi ppl,

I have build my web page.. i have only the first page.. because i don't need more that 1 page.. the problem is that i cannot put my page on the web.. the link of my pag don't work... i don't know why... can someone help me.

In the page editor i have put x on publish... but i still don't see my web page.

Thanks in advance

Joao
IlkaFlood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2007, 04:59:55 PM »

Hi,

I'm trying to use the sitebuilder and I can't get the second content block to line up under the first one.
When I hit "insert" it shows up to the right of my existing content. How do I get it to show up BELOW
the first content?

This is absolutely driving me nuts. I've been at it for over an hour.

Please help!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

It's never to late to become what you could have been_George Eliot
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2007, 10:19:42 AM »

To have the content block right below an existing block, choose the "single column" layout in the page properties setting.
You can take a look at my video tutorials here on how to use the sitebuilder
http://www.bestgditeam.ws/page6.html

Hi,

I'm trying to use the sitebuilder and I can't get the second content block to line up under the first one.
When I hit "insert" it shows up to the right of my existing content. How do I get it to show up BELOW
the first content?

This is absolutely driving me nuts. I've been at it for over an hour.

Please help!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 12:20:57 PM by DPro » Logged

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
OFillion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2007, 02:46:06 PM »

Hello,

I don't know if it's possible but...  I would like to know if it's possible to reset completely SiteBuilder.  When you enter SiteBuilder the first time, you have the choice of the template that you can use to build your website.  My problem is that I want to make a video tutorial showing how to begin with SiteBuilder but, as I already logged in SiteBuilder, I don't have these choices of template.  How can I remove everything from SiteBuilder to be able to log in as it's the first time?

Thank you!

Olivier
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: