April 26, 2024, 08:49:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Build a SOLID team and retain them!  (Read 51085 times)
ClaireS

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2005, 03:05:53 AM »

David,

Thanks for those inspiring and motivating words. I enjoyed reading your message!

I've got a great upline and I'm using all the resources and instruction they are giving me to be a leader to my downline. I make sure my downline knows I am here to help them become successful and to  answer any and all questions and if I don't immediately have the answers I will find them and give the info. But I'm learning as much as I can about GDI and it's co-founders so that I can answer all questions accurately and with confidence.

I agree 100% that you should KNOW YOUR PRODUCT and believe in what you are promoting.  I am so excited and motivated!!!!  "Whether you believe you can or believe you can't, you're right."  I can!!!

~Claire  Smiley
JNapier

Living by Faith! One day at a time!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2005, 03:10:09 AM »

I have lost several members in my down line also. Yet, I don't blame myself, the company, the product or anything. I spent time emailing and even calling these members. They soon learned I would be there for them since I received calls after the midnight hour on more than one occassion. I always answered with a cheerful voice and attitude.  I also typed up the minutes to all the team calls and shared them with those who missed the call. Every thing I could think of to keep them informed and active was utilized.

I believe the underlying cause is inside each individual. For instance, even though they are sold on the product, they may not be sold on their own ability to be successful with it.  Or, they just don't have the patience to stick with something long enough to see positive results. 

So my suggestion is to continue trying to support each downline member but don't allow ourselves to become frustrated when we lose some along the way. Afterall, more will take their place.

All my best, Shocked
Norma

Living by Faith,
one day at a time!
Marvin Drobes

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2005, 03:01:00 AM »

Hi Everyone,

While reading these posts I feel like we are straying from the point that moving members allows.

It is not about doing all the work for someone by placing affiliates under them because of what we do!
It is not about building someones' organization and check for them!
It is not a means to an absolute end that states; "I am doing this for you so you better stick around"!

What I believe it is about is helping those that are already working hard to help themselves and yet may have had some set backs along their road to success. It is for this reason alone that I believe that you should be working your frontline and then in turn if you have taught them a realistic model for duplication they will do the same for their frontline, so forth and so on.

This will also help you identify those people that are leaders and can follow directions and are willing to learn and succeed.If and when you accomplish this you too will be on your way to your dreams of building a "Strong Organization". One that will create a lifetime of residual income.

Remember to help those that help themselves and to teach your people how to fish so they will be able to feed for a lifetime.

Good Luck,
Your Partner In Success,
marvin Drobes
Jason Smith

The end of an epic journey begins with one step.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2005, 06:27:47 AM »

Excellent points Marvin.

As of this moment I don't have anyone on my downlines yet, but that doesn't stop me. As someone who has been actively searching for the right business I can tell you that there are quite a few people out there that are just plain confused about what to do. Others have a general idea but frustration sets in when they don't see any progress.

I do think that when you do have a downline it's important to teach them what GDI has to offer. Show them the ropes. Give them tips and advice that has benefitted yourself in the past. And just keep the lines of communication open to answer any questions they might have about the entire process. As well as keeping communication open to any downline members they recieve.

However I don't know if it's wise to "hold their hand" EVERY step of their journey. There comes a point in time where everyone had to take the training wheels off their bikes. Yes you more then likely fell down a few times but once you mastered it you never forgot how. I think this process is the same way. You have to let your downline know it's ok to try and fail, just let them know you will be there to pick them up, dust them off, and help them try again.

I remember a piece of advice my father told me when I was younger, "Never be afraid to fall forward, because at least you are moving in the right direction."

Here's to our shared success! Smiley

Jason
MichaelR

Success is not a goal, it's a state of mind

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2005, 09:54:05 AM »

Hi all,

One of my goals with GDI is to build a team in my area so I can hold meetings at my house once a week.  The GDI Forum is great, it answers a lot of questions, gives you great ideas and is very motivating however, there is nothing like being in a physical room with people sharing the same goals and walking the same road.  There are a lot of positives about this. 

1.  It will build your leadership skills
2.  It builds energy
3.  Prospects will be more comfortable about joining when they are in a room full of people excited about it
4.  People can get together and pair up to prospect or go out as teams
5.  It sets a good stage for competition and recognition
6.  It's easier to build strength from each other
7.  Easier to set team goals for the week
8.  Teammates can help each other out more with resources
9.  And it helps your team become closer

I'm sure there are a lot more benefits to this as well.  By getting together once a week for about 30 minutes to an hour, your GDI business can skyrocket.  And once the team get to be about a certain size, you can split it up and multiply.  Tell me what you think of this and please feel free to add.

Michael Robillard
Millionaire in the Making
Kyra Tuey

Don't just be in it for now, be in it for LIFE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2005, 09:59:00 AM »

I think that's a great idea Michael! That would be an excellent, postive way for everyone in your team to compare notes and learn from each other!
I say "GO FOR IT!" Grin

Kyra

Thanks,
Kyra
JNapier

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2005, 11:39:37 AM »

Building a physical team is what I am after as well. That is why I am focusing more effort in marketing in my community. 

Here is my short term vision: Picture this!   
I am hosting a meeting in my home for local members in my team. Outside is a sign in my yard  with balloons and streamers.  The sign reads, "Welcome to the .WS Conference Meeting".

Inside, members will be sharing ideas and progress.  I will also have a live conference call set up so we can meet other members on line as well.  Everyone gets in on the action and excitement.  We enjoy some mini sandwiches, chips, and dessert.

Now, here is my long range vision:  Picture this!

I have a conference room reserved at a hotel.  The hotel has posted a sign outside their building welcoming .WS members.  Inside the conference room, members are coming in from other counties and state.  Everyone shares tips, progress and cheers!! I call Chip Snyder and say, "Listen to all the excitement going on here, Chip!"  (Yes, I would actually do this!) I would take pictures to add to my website and promotional material.

Now, my final vision: Picture this!

Members are coming together at a nice recreation area where they have reserved hotel accommendations. People are flying in from other nations as well. Yes, Chip Snyder, Marvin Drobes and other top leaders will be there also!!  Fun, excitement, and many cheers in all direction. I would have a professional photographer on hand to take pictures so I could put them in the newspaper.

We all relax and enjoy a meal together before leaving while focusing on an even larger conference meeting the next time!!

What is your vision?

All my best,
Norma  Shocked

Living by Faith,
one day at a time!
MichaelR

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2005, 01:18:04 PM »

I like your vision.  I've always wanted to host a convention at Magic Kingdom.  Just rent it out for a whole weekend.

Michael Robillard
StacyPerez

Me thinking as usual ..lol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2005, 01:22:34 PM »

MiICHAEL

Great Idea.. I think if enough in every state puts together a group meeting
would be awesome!!

NORMA,

I love your vision... AWESOME!!!!!!

Stacy Perez

Stacy Perez
"Inspiring and Helping Parents Work From Home"
StacyPerez

Me thinking as usual ..lol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2005, 01:24:17 PM »

Michael,

Very nice!!!   WILL BE awesome when GDI does a convention
at some point so everyone can meet.. SOME WHERE fun
would be wonderful.

Stacy Perez

I like your vision. I've always wanted to host a convention at Magic Kingdom. Just rent it out for a whole weekend.

Stacy Perez
"Inspiring and Helping Parents Work From Home"
Marie_F

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2005, 07:24:33 PM »

I'm in Orlando so let me know when and I'll give my friend mickey a call to see if we can meet at his place !!

Marie
JNapier

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2005, 05:04:25 PM »

Marie, wouldn't you just love to have a business card in every one's hand that enters at Disney World daily?  Wow!!  The next time you see Mickey, give him a business card!! Don't forget the other Disney charaters as well. LOL   Who knows, one day they may be singing our birthday song!!

All my best,
Norma  Shocked

Living by Faith,
one day at a time!
MichaelR

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2005, 06:30:44 PM »

That is not a bad idea!  Even hitting the night clud seen at plessure island would work too.

Michael Robillard
SharonS

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2005, 06:30:44 PM »

Great idea.  I used that approach with my former home business.  We showed a short film, answered any questions, asked who would be interested in joining us and kept it short and to the point.  Each time I met with success.  Once GDI comes out with their DVD, I plan to implement this strategy again.  This time, I would have a short meeting with other team members before the time guests were to arrive, to encourage one another and share strategies.
JNapier

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2005, 10:16:42 AM »

OH yes, I am anxious for the DVD's also.  I love to add to my marketing tools.

All my best,
Norma  Shocked

Living by Faith,
one day at a time!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: