April 23, 2024, 05:25:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips, Suggestions & Advice!  (Read 129902 times)
ShericeE

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2005, 09:03:09 PM »

Any word from support if we're getting hidden pages avaible on site builder yet?
ShericeE

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2005, 09:03:26 PM »

Hi Corine and Welcome to GDI !!!  I will try to answer your questions but I'm fairly new myself......

The website you were given when you signed up, well depending on exactly which one your talking about.  this one... www.website.ws/username is a link that you can give out so people can watch the movie.  This is the one I promote because when I first signed up with GDI I was thinking more along the lines of "cool a website I can build myself for my medical massage clinic!!" I wasn't thinking about the GDI opportunity.  So my .ws domain name I choose was www.aspenclinicalmassage.ws  This domain cost me $10 a month. I have started to build that site but have not "published" it to the web so it's automatically forwarded to the GDI opportunity page until I publish it. Now since I've joined GDI and decided I really liked the opportunity I will be doing another "domain" name (at $10 a month) geared to my GDI business.  Haven't figured out what to call that one though......  So until then I promote website.ws/username.   

So you can build your site and people will still be directed to an opportunity page until it's done and you've "published" it.  And if you have not choosen a .ws domain name, no it will not cost you another $10.

I hope this helps

Much success
Sherice
HowardMartell

"Repetition is the mother of all Skills"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2005, 12:50:12 PM »

have you contacted your sponsor or upline and checked in this forum, if not you can email me listed in the directory and share with you what I have to offer since been in since Nov 04.

take care
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2005, 02:07:37 PM »

When you first log on to the forum go to the very bottom of the list of topics and you will see "Total Members" and a number under it. Click on the number and it will take you to pages and pages of members. If they have a published website-(I guess is how this works)-it will have a globe out from the name. It starts with the A's  and goes on through the alphabet. You can find a very wide variety of sites that have been made by everyone. It is a great idea source for you when contemplating what to make of your website.  Smiley
Deborah H
Roxanne G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2005, 02:50:45 PM »

No word so far.  They still are not allowed.

Sad

Have a great day, after all, today is the first day of the rest of your life!!

Roxanne
KatrinaB

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2005, 01:01:59 PM »

Please, please, please, allow us to have hidden pages.  I could potentially lose income as a result of not being able to hide the page that holds the data that I am asking customers to pay me for... I am sure that internet whizzes out there know of some clever way to get round this but for us novices being able to hide a page is a simple and effective way of keeping information private until it is paid for!  Please help me and all the others who have expressed an opinion on this and allow us to have hidden pages. Kiss
mack88
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2005, 07:40:24 PM »

Hello!  I am not that familiar with sitebuilder, but I believe you can have hidden pages.  What I mean by that is, do not put a visible link on your site.  Does that make sense to you? 

In addition, make sure you name the pages vs. using page1.htm and so on.

Frank
KatrinaB

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2005, 01:41:06 PM »

Grin Hooray!  Thanks for the reply Frank.  I've worked out how to hide a page!  In the properties bit where you name the link instead of putting in 'Page 5' or whatever title the page would have had, just put a space.  This way the page is published but it can't be accessed from the other pages!  Hope that helps - I'm probably teaching you all to suck eggs but I'm just really excited that I can do the thing that I wanted to do  Cheesy
mack88
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2005, 10:08:02 AM »

Katrina!

Glad that I could at least point you in the right direction!  It is so important to do so!  Now that you know how this particular task is accomplished, you now have the knowledge to pass it on and to assist someone else in the future.  That what this is all about!  All the best to you and I wish you much continued success!

Frank
Margie_M

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2005, 02:10:41 PM »

Help.

I used site builder to begin building my site.  If you use the "in-house" site builder, you automatically are going to be hosted by website.ws (GDI), correct?  If so, then why is my site just showing the INDEX of  parent directory when I go to my website via the internet.  Any help you can give me is appreciated. 
Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2005, 05:16:42 PM »

Hello!  I am not that familiar with sitebuilder, but I believe you can have hidden pages.  What I mean by that is, do not put a visible link on your site.  Does that make sense to you? 

In addition, make sure you name the pages vs. using page1.htm and so on.

Frank

Sorry, Frank, but it doesn't make sense. The invisible pages are invisible for everyone even if he knows a link so such a page exists only in your site builder and is not accessable to anyone except you alone through your SiteBuilder!!! What people would like to have here are the pages which would be accessable only to some people who would know the exact link or to have a forwarding pages only (like by sending mail through web form or something like htat). I've experienced the trouble setting the web page for one of my downline, who wanted to have a contact form on his page and then when the customer fills it and sends it, he wanted to have forwarding page with some thankful words to that particular customer, but it apeared not to be possible doing so.

So once again - YOU CAN'T HAVE YOUR HIDDEN PAGES IN SITEBUILDER IN ANY CURCOMSTANCES!!!

Tatjana

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
mack88
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2005, 07:15:51 PM »

I'm gonna try this one more time!  I still do not think that I am wrong.  Ok here goes!

Let's suppose the following:

1.  My website address is:  http://www.whatever.ws

2.  I have the following pages:  Home, Product, Order,  and About Me    These links are all visible links on my website because I put them there.

3.  Now, let's say I have the following pages hidden (they are published, but I did not put the links on my site:  thanks, requested product  These links are only visible after an individual places the order, because I have them linked after an order is submitted.

I wish I could do a visual.  This can be done.  Website builder publishes all your pages, but if you do not put all the links on your site.  They will not be visible.  It makes perfectly good sense.  If I had sites to build in website builder, I would show this.  But because my sites are published through an FTP, I will not take them down just to prove this point.  Maybe in the future when I publish another website.

Frank

Roxanne G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2005, 07:56:40 PM »

Frank,

According to GDI support, the new version of site builder DOES NOT SUPPORT HIDDEN PAGES.   You can hide a page, but, like Tatjana said, it will only be accessible to you through site builder.  If you try to go to it via the page address, it will redirect you to http://website.ws/YOURID.

YOU can have hidden pages because you did NOT use GDI's sitebuilder.  This discussion is about GDI's sitebuilder allowing us to have hidden pages.  In the GDI site builder, you have no control over what links show and what links do not show.  If a page is hidden in sitebuilder, NOONE can access it via ANY means other than sitebuilder. 

BUT...what Katrina said about putting a space in DOES WORK.  You have to make it visible and publish it.  It will leave a space in your list of pages but the space is NOT clickable.  You can get to it directly via the page address and VOILA - hidden page. 

Have a great day, after all, today is the first day of the rest of your life!!

Roxanne
Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2005, 01:19:00 AM »

Hey Roxanne! Thank you for that tip!!!! I admit I didn't go through the whole topic so thanks to put it on again!!

And Frank: When I put a comment here I ALWAYS CHECK OUT THE THINGS FIRST AND ONLY THEN I PUT THE COMMENT. When I'm putting the instructions here I'm also ALWAYS DOING THE THINGS STEP BY STEP BESIDES TYPING THE INSTRUCTIONS, SO THEY'RE NOT 100 BUT 1000 % SURE!!! AND CORRECT.

Tatjana
 Smiley

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
mack88
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2005, 05:17:04 AM »

I stand corrected, if indeed it cannot be done!  I try to visualize the entire process, even though I do not use that particular product anymore. 

Frank
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: