April 29, 2024, 03:09:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips, Suggestions & Advice!  (Read 130067 times)
Linda VanRenselaar

Reach for the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2006, 11:30:09 AM »

Hello,

Having just joined a few days ago. I'm inviting  people, but how do I view your websites. Just to have a look. How do you get people to see them once they are made.

Linda Van Renselaar

Today is a day we all need to remember.
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2006, 11:31:59 PM »

Hi Linda

In the Showcase Your Website right here on the boards there are a large variety of sites on show for you to look at. Some of them are absolutely fantastic and should provide you with lots of inspiration as you build your GDI business.
I Hutley

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2006, 03:02:59 AM »

The backgrounds for the website builder are good but i want to use a plain background or a different one, how do you do that?
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2006, 03:27:29 AM »

The simplest way is with a body tag something like this

<body text="#000000" vlink="#000000" link="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" alink="#0F0000" rightmargin="0" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0">
ScottPrice

Enjoy Today Yesterdays Gone Make Tomorrow Special

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2006, 01:48:07 PM »

It is great to offfer products on your site. But I think you need to offer products that go together. Offering Telcom products and shopping items may be a little much. Maybe it would be better to spend $10.00 on another domain and use one for shopping and one for telecom. Maybe I am wrong, just what I think

Scott Price
RoemE

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2006, 09:00:33 PM »

i need suggestions about my website thanks GDI!!

http://www.aiem.ws
Matthew Green

"Stop thinking about it, Start doing it"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2006, 08:17:01 AM »

Hello,
The animation is COOL,
WELL DONE

Regards,

Regards,
AhmedQ

Who will cry once you die?

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2006, 11:15:25 PM »

hello i need help with my site i dunno if its apealing enuff but im just unsure what to put thats
why i placed the google stuff

www.biznesswize.ws

Thanks

When your born you cry and the world rejoices, live your life in such a way that when you die the world cries, and you rejoice!!
Matthew Green

"Stop thinking about it, Start doing it"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2006, 04:19:11 AM »

hello i need help with my site i dunno if its apealing enuff but im just unsure what to put thats
why i placed the google stuff

www.biznesswize.ws

Thanks
Hello Ahmed,
I viewed your site, as requested...  I am actually concerned for you, you have Adsense Ads on your WebPage...  I know from experience that Google are very protective of their Adsense Clients.. I had my Google Adsense Account cancelled and they kept my money too, nearly $100..  In their eyes my Website was not CONTENT RICH enough for their Guidelines...  If you visit my website you will see that I have much more content on my website add It was still not good enough for Google, so You migh be better off removing the Ads before someone complains that their Ads are showing up on a Website that is not adequate...  BTW I think I was stitched up, I know that my keyword mg247 was being targetted my a MERCHANT and I think this same MERCHANT complained so that he did not have to pay for his Ads...  I know who it was too, there was only his ads on my page, but I have said enough on that one...

My honest opinion of your Website;
I think you have made great progress, especially if this is your first attempt, but I think you need to Add more information.. More info about you, more info about the oportuninty, either what it can do as a programme, what it can do as a business or BOTH..

If you need material as a guide I sugest you invite yourself to GDI and then read the emails that are sent to you, also check out the other members sites, mine included..

Regards,

Regards,
Warren C

Internet Junkie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2006, 08:31:43 PM »

I admit that the main reason I had trouble was not having enough time to focus on it long enough, but I finally figured out how to put a sound file immediately under my photo on my Website Builder website. If you use separate blocks there is too much space between them.

I thought if I wanted to do it, maybe someone else here could be having the same problem.

It really turned out to be quite simple.

I started with a blank page and added my photo in one block and my sound file in another.

Then I published it and viewed the source. (right click, view source)

Then I cut and pasted the code for each part into notepad, first the photo code, a break, some text, then a break, then the sound file code, a break, and some more text.

I went back to edit the page and deleted both blocks.

Added content as an HTML block and pasted the code from the notepad in the HTML mode.

Saved the page and published it again. http://no-brainer.ws/

That's the basic idea and it's easy now that I know how. If you want to do it and can't get it, contact me.

Warren Contreras
KAgashe

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2006, 06:14:10 AM »

I admit that the main reason I had trouble was not having enough time to focus on it long enough, but I finally figured out how to put a sound file immediately under my photo on my Website Builder website. If you use separate blocks there is too much space between them.

I thought if I wanted to do it, maybe someone else here could be having the same problem.

It really turned out to be quite simple.

I started with a blank page and added my photo in one block and my sound file in another.

Then I published it and viewed the source. (right click, view source)

Then I cut and pasted the code for each part into notepad, first the photo code, a break, some text, then a break, then the sound file code, a break, and some more text.

I went back to edit the page and deleted both blocks.

Added content as an HTML block and pasted the code from the notepad in the HTML mode.

Saved the page and published it again. http://no-brainer.ws/

That's the basic idea and it's easy now that I know how. If you want to do it and can't get it, contact me.

How do you record a sound file in .swf format?

I mean do you have to but any software from Macromedia Flash?

KAgashe
DonaldB

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2006, 10:24:56 AM »

Something  I do when looking for graphics to put on a web-site is use the Google or Yahoo search page, click on the "image" search button, then enter terms such as "cash", "money", "success", "achieve", "internet", etc...    Web-pages come up in the search that have very interesting and useful graphics on them that I "right click" and then "copy", or "save picture as..." and thus I build up a small library of graphics to use.  With the billions of web-pages online the graphics available are amazing.

JacobA

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2006, 09:19:10 PM »

Ok so I just joined the club at GDI and I'm confused on how to build my site can anyone help me build it or do i have to do it myself?

Thanks
                                       Jake
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2006, 10:07:15 AM »

Hello Jake,

You have to build it yourself. There are lots of how to tips here in the forum. Please just take a few minutes and cruise around and you should find all the help you need.
DonnaB

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2006, 07:33:28 PM »

Hello all, My answer for WS was no more templates would be added...seems it would upgrade but oh well.
Question to put out there..why am i getting Parse error: parse error, unexpected ')' in /usr/local/apache/vhosts/sb/actions/page_property.php on line 67 thank you.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 07:33:47 PM by Nicole Taylor » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: