April 20, 2024, 07:05:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips, Suggestions & Advice!  (Read 129845 times)
Roxanne G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2005, 01:37:41 PM »

With the old website builder, I set up a page on my website to be hidden from the public.  The only ones who could view it were ones with the actual page address. It is a family newsletter that I change every month and email my family to check out the new news.  Well...with the new site builder, if I keep the page hidden, you can't even access it with the site address.  I'm not sure why.  If I display it, a link will appear on my home page and I do NOT want business leads going to my family newsletter.  I want to keep the page hidden, but then my family can't access it anymore.

HELP?Huh??   Huh Huh Huh
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 02:16:44 PM by Nicole Taylor » Logged

Have a great day, after all, today is the first day of the rest of your life!!

Roxanne
Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2005, 02:09:18 PM »

Hello  Roxanne !

Sorry! I didn't come to help here. I just wanted to say, that it happened the same to me, just that I wanted to have one hidden page as a redirection page for ending the mail form - you know like one fills the form to send you a message and then he gets the page where it says something like Thank you for sending me a gessage ... I also couldn't see it not when I've written a message for a test, nor with the exact URL. It simply wasn't there.

That makes us two with the same problem. I've solved it that way that I created the redirection page on my other (com) domain and it works now, but I didn't want this. If I'm working on the GDI domain, I want everything to be here!!!!

ISN'T IT THE PURPOSE OF CREATING THE WEBSITES HERE?  Huh Huh Huh

Tatjana

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
Roxanne G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2005, 11:13:51 AM »

FINALLY - A reply from support.  I emailed them the same time I posted here.  This is the answer:

Good Morning,

Currently with the new SiteBuilder that is not possible that feature was
eliminated from the program.

Kindest Regards,

Rick
.WS Support

That's terrible.  Oh well. 

Roxanne
JNapier

Living by Faith! One day at a time!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2005, 11:31:16 AM »

Yes, that is terrible news. I am concentrating highly on marketing the benefits of having a family website and the eliminated feature is one that would have benefited greatly. Perhaps, they will reconsider this option and again add it to sitebuilder. Maybe even a new poll would benefit to see how many members feel the same way we do. What do you think?

All my best,
Norma  Shocked

Living by Faith,
one day at a time!
Roxanne G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2005, 04:03:51 PM »

OK - I added the poll at the top.   Grin Grin

Roxanne
Francis_G

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2005, 10:41:53 AM »

Hi Diane,

If I were you, I would start tinkering away at my computer and start designing a website, instead of letting it lie dormant.  A website is a very powerful tool if you know how to make one and learn how to use it.

My suggestions for you would be that you start off by designing an "About Me" page.  GDI's built-in website builder is very easy to use and comes with a "what-you-see-is-what-you-get" interface.  All you have to do then is enter the information you want for others to see.

Think about what you would like other people to know about yourself like for example...what's your job, what's the company you work for, and what products or services you sell....OR...another great way to make use of your site would be to create an album in it so that your family members from far away can see what's going on in your life.  Post pictures, or "nice-to-know" articles in your site!  This way, even your relatives far away or from abroad can get in touch with you!

Hope I inspired you to start brainstorming for ideas!  Grin

Warmest regards,

Francis_G
NPriestly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2005, 10:47:13 AM »

OK - I added the poll at the top.   Grin Grin

I'm new to forums and learning how to access all this. How do I "vote" to see if we can have "hidden pages" again as to me this is an essential feature of any website. Yes, I agree if you have a family website it is the MAIN essential as you do not want private information "out there" especially when putting up pictures of children. Shocked

PS I finally put "Use Feedback form to email me" in the email address (properties/additional properties section) so that my email address doesn't show. I could have had a separate "Contact me" page and cloaked it there but running out of space..

I have had so many problems in the past arising from uncloaked email addresses on my website... endless spamming from people who change their email address every time or use other tricks to get past my spam filter. Angry
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 10:47:36 AM by Nicole Taylor » Logged
Roxanne G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2005, 07:09:25 AM »

There are a lot of reasons for hidden pages.  Thank you guys for sharing some of them.  If anyone has more reasons, please post them here.  I have been assured by support that they will look into this issue and if I could send them more reasons WHY we want it that way, that would be great. 

On the other hand, if you feel we should NOT have hidden pages, please share your thoughts on those reasons also. 

Grin

Roxanne
gdi
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2005, 07:19:46 AM »

Please keep in mind, this is your Forum not only to learn from and get answers
to questions but, also, to help enhance the overall product and business by
providing value-added ideas and input.

Chip
NPriestly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2005, 09:02:03 PM »

Reasons?
BUSINESS
If using GDI website for my business I'd want hidden pages so I can put my wholesale prices and only give that particular link to wholesale customers - would be nice if I could keep changing the page NAME/access code so people can't abuse it. Currently the pages are simply numbered 1 to 10 so no way to do it.
FAMILIES
Hidden pages to show pics of kids  and private family news, so they can stay hidden from paedophiles and stalkers... BEST IDEA would be great to be able to change to page NAME/access code of the page for safety reasons.
Roxanne G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2005, 07:47:08 AM »

I am forwarding this topic to support tomorrow (Friday 9/9).  If anyone else wants to vote and/or leave feedback regarding your choice, please do so today.

Thank you!!!!

Roxanne
Dennis F

Get outa yer comfort zone and use the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2005, 10:34:57 PM »

Hidden pages have a variety of applications. Here are some:

Create a page that is a greeting card, and mail a friend/family the URL.
A web presentation of a confidential business proposal.
Pages that become visible only after someone has emailed a mail daemon.
Allowing people to hit spot pages, but not to browse.
Restricting web access to those who know specific info.
Utilizing the last you can create treasure hunts, or tests, but cannot continue until they have provided the correct info, reaction that you specify.

The grass is only greener on the other side of the fence because you put the fence there...pssst... take it down.
ShericeE

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2005, 05:00:25 AM »

Another Idea I had is based on target marketing.  Each page you have is for a different target market.  For example, you have an ad on a moms site and the link goes to your moms page but they can not see any other pages. THen you have another ad targeting churches to use as a fund raiser for their church or youth group, again thats the only page they can see.    And another one geared to MLM'ers.  Now I would not approach a church the same way I would a MLM'er.  How I would say things would all be different.  If someone came to my site and seen all the different ways I'm approaching my business they might not like it. Now if it was someone who has been involved with MLM'ing for awhile they would know why I have different pages geared to different markets, but alot of people wouldn't.  So I feel being able to have hidden pages on our websites would be a great tool for us to help in building our business. 

So to our support team.....  Being able to have hidden pages is one more tool we have to market GDI.  The more tools we have the better we can promote and build our businesses!!

Thanks for listenin
Sherice
Jim Stanger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2005, 06:11:23 AM »

Howdy!

If you're using GDI's built-in SiteBuilder because you're new to the world of web publishing, fear not. With a few free internet tools you can produce your own web pages seperate from SiteBuilder and without having to worry about writing cryptic HTML code. I read somewhere that links to outside websites were against this forum's House Rules, but you can find these website via Google easy enough as they are very popular.

WEB PAGES: If you have MS Office on your computer you're already set to go. You can save any Word document as a web page (File -> Save As Web Page... or something similar depending on your version of Word.) If you don't have MS Office or at least Word there is a alternative application suite available called Open Office. It does pretty much the same things as MS Office only it's ABSOLUTELY FREE.

FILE TRANSFER: Once you produce your web page(s) you'll need to transfer them and any images included to your .WS web space. What you need is an FTP program, and a very good one is called Filezilla. Again, it's a free program. Follow the authentication instructions provided by GDI when you first signed up to access your web space. There are two main windows in Filezilla, the files on your own hard drive are on your left, and the files on the .WS web server are on the right. Navigate to where your newly created webpage is and, navigate to the folder on the web server you want to store the web pages, then drag the local files to the web server window and the files will be transfered, eeeasy breeezey!

Further details on how these apps work can be found on the respective websites, or if someone else wants to chime in by all means go for it.

Good luck!

Jim
CorineQ

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2005, 10:46:38 AM »

Hi my name is Corine,  Roll Eyes

I am just starting out too, well, I have had the trial for a few days and have been busy trying to submit to different search engines and such.  I have been submitting the website given to me when I signed up, if I decide to create my own using the website builder option, is that considered a 2nd website (another 10..00 chg) or will it replace the one .WS site (the forwarding site), that I have been trying to promote?  Also, while building my own site, will this place my current .ws site as unavailable until my site is done?  Any advice or suggestions are welcome!  This is my first time at network marketing, and I am really excited about getting things up and going! I think there is great potential here.   Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: