April 25, 2024, 03:04:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips, Suggestions & Advice!  (Read 129964 times)
Dennis F

Get outa yer comfort zone and use the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2005, 08:25:33 AM »

For "most" of us people with a website the load up time of the first page is Critical

This is because the traffic we get is not targeted traffic and do not have a  very specific reason to wait for your page to load up.

People will leave your site before it loads if you have to much going on, on your first page.  ie. Banners, pictures(big time factor), and all the extra things that do look cool  Grin....once loaded. I personally like some of the things that follow the mouse around. But they add up to load up time.

RobB  had commented about something alot of people don't realize they can do, and that is to have certian places do a crunch on your pics. This a way to get pics in you want and to optimize your page load up time.

Now for the others that do have "site specific" targeted traffic (example bikers surfing to a "bikers"site) can more flexible.  the people visiting your site already has your interest and will wait......to a point. Wink

These are just some tips and to let you know there are also tricks for getting the webpage you like up and going.

Take care and the best to all.......Dennis   

The grass is only greener on the other side of the fence because you put the fence there...pssst... take it down.
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2005, 08:58:48 AM »

Actually this is an important concept. The number is 5-7 seconds. If the message hasn't been delivered in 5-7 seconds the surfer is gone. One of the best ways to accelerate a page is to write good code and verify the code. Now I am probably going to cause a cadenza here but anyway. Two of the worst code generators are Frontpage and Dreamweaver. They both generate incredibly bloated and bad code and consistently kept me in business for the last 7 years. If you want speed write HTML in its purest form with a text editor and check it!

Also there is the big red button/KISS theory. Surfers basically like a big red button that says "Click me". Just simple straight forward stuff - no flash - no scripts - no fancy bells and whistles.
Dennis F

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2005, 05:08:30 PM »

I don't know how many other people come across other GDI adverts?

This is what I noticed, While vewing, others adverts....they don't load up in time. The page moves on, this is hurting your percentage of prospects..and possibly wasting your time.   And I don't like to see that.   Sad

Soooo please look at how your page loads, try to keep it simple enough that you get seen and hopelfully sign-ups.  Also to keep in mind some sites ban your page if it does not load up in time...

Hope this helps out for all have a great week!     Dennis

The grass is only greener on the other side of the fence because you put the fence there...pssst... take it down.
Diane Ewert

It's Just Me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2005, 07:42:19 PM »

Is it really necessary to build your website to permote GDI?  I have read about other reasons but what is wrong with just using wants there?  Help me to understand the need.

Diane
JNapier

Living by Faith! One day at a time!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2005, 08:14:01 PM »

Diane, the option to keep the website as it is or to make our own is an individual preference. I personally have left mine as is and I certainly don't have any regrets about that decision. It works fine for me but I am thinking of purchasing another one in which I will use the site builder.
For only $10.00 per month each I can afford to have more than one.

All my best,
Norma  Shocked

Living by Faith,
one day at a time!
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2005, 03:35:30 AM »

No you do not need to build a website at all. Just your personal URL is all you need.

Having said that, I have to say you have a valuable asset which you are allowing to lie dormant. In just a few hours you can have a site up and running and helping you develop a downline.

The second reason to build a website is to show potential custmers what can be done with a .ws domain. In my case I built two sites for this exact reason. I built one to show what you can do with this product and one to help my downline do it.
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2005, 06:33:54 PM »

You dont HAVE to have it but it sure is a selling point. When you show a prospect the site YOU built with the site builder that's so easy to use and they see that. Then think-OK-I can do this too. I've had a lot of prospects come via my site. And believe me-I am html illiterate and never thought I could build a site.  Cheesy
Deborah H
Diane Ewert

It's Just Me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2005, 09:12:15 AM »

Thanks for the information.

Maybe I will try later but I'm not to creative.

Diane
StacyPerez

Me thinking as usual ..lol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2005, 10:31:54 AM »

Diane,

I highly encourage people to build a website... For many reasons..

It is a heck of a lot better than redirecting to the replicating one..

You can let your creative side come out and create something of
your own.. I have to tell you... Once I got started.. LOST and not
sure about what to put on my first website.. NOW it is like an
addiction.. I LOVE making websites..  It allows me to create a
name for myself and let hidden talents come out.

ANOTHER reason to create a website is so you can earn multiple
streams of income..  You can add affiliate programs, sell ebooks
or whatever to make multiple streams of income.

What you can do if you want to create one is this.. 
START thinking about things you like.. what is your niche?
What are your hobbies?  IN WHAT way do you want to help people?

WRITE it all down.. AND go from there... It is a lot of fun
once you get started.

Stacy Perez

Is it really necessary to build your website to permote GDI?  I have read about other reasons but what is wrong with just using wants there?  Help me to understand the need.

Diane

Stacy Perez
"Inspiring and Helping Parents Work From Home"
StacyPerez

Me thinking as usual ..lol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2005, 10:34:41 AM »

Diane,

I NEVER thought I was creative.. or one to come up with ideas..
I proved myself wrong..

What you can do is carry a notebook and write things down..
I have done that and still do..  You would be surprised once
you start letting your mind be creative.

Stacy Perez

Diane

Stacy Perez
"Inspiring and Helping Parents Work From Home"
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2005, 07:06:00 PM »

I have done that and still do..  You would be surprised once

Stacy Perez

THAT is a great idea Stacy,
I find when I am trying to go to sleep I have a zillion ideas run through my head. Or when driving my car.  Writing them down would help remember. Otherwise they just vanish after you wake up--or get where you are going.  Wink
Thanks for this idea, I will use it! Cheesy
Deborah H
CarolynCole

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2005, 07:07:51 PM »

Diane,

I NEVER thought I was creative.. or one to come up with ideas..
I proved myself wrong..

I have done that and still do.. You would be surprised once

Stacy Perez

Diane
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2005, 05:41:21 AM »

It does. You can put your links or anything you want on your .ws site. And you have 6 pages to use when you start building your site on .ws.  Smiley
Deborah H
Dennis F

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2005, 08:24:09 AM »

The answer is NO you don't have to create a website.....But look at it this way, You get a simple and striaght-forward site together Diane  (its easier than you think, and people will help if you need)      Now you have another way for people to get to your sign up page.  Your - http://website.ws/listings - and Your  -http://www.your.ws - listing.   

Robin B

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2005, 08:24:09 AM »

I found this to be helpful guys thanks!  I have made a website on one of those free website builders and I have to admit it was allot of fun so hey you just inspired me to go for it so look out you never know what might be popping up around here in the next few days  Grin

Robin B
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: