March 28, 2024, 03:41:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The dreaded Phone call  (Read 22290 times)
TrevorWhorne

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2005, 05:26:38 AM »

Just a question re calling leads, I have had some gdi leads and they come back with telephone nos and I send them a thank you e mail for looking at the presentation. All ok so far,
I live in the UK and do not know where these e-mails are coming from mostly America I think,
but some may be from UK etc.,
I don't want to call anybody in the middle of the night so how do I get around that plus how do I know which time zone they may be in.

Still in my first week so lots to learn

trevor
HowardMartell

"Repetition is the mother of all Skills"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 09:13:10 AM »

http://www.timezoneconverter.com

Use this link for timezones

take care

Howard Martell Hawaii
Lincoln Adams

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 09:13:33 AM »

Just a piece of information that can help you, my friend.  My name is Lincoln Adams, and I am a new representative with Global Domains International, as well.  What you might try is to go into Yahoo, and get Messenger.  When you get Yahoo Messenger, there is a way to contact people by way of Internet Telephony.  By establishing an account with Net2Phone, you can make calls while you are on the internet, and it is for as little as 3 or 4 cents a minute to do so if you call them direct to their home phones.  Good luck!!

Regards,
Lincoln Adams

« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 09:14:33 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
Roxanne G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 04:14:47 PM »

timezoneconverter.com is great, but you still have to know what time zone they are in.  In order to find that out, go here:

http://www.peoplefind.com/frames/areacode.htm

Have a great day, after all, today is the first day of the rest of your life!!

Roxanne
R_Weiss

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 02:47:14 AM »

Better yet you can go to www.skype.com and download their software and install it. I use skype to talk to my upline with mic and speakers.  And do not pay a thing

If you want you can set up an account and pay in Euros to make phone calls to anyplace in the world.

Rich

Rich Weiss
EileenP

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 02:51:17 AM »

This is the website I use all the time to determine where people are according to their area codes.  I've found this one the most helpful and the quickest look-up to use.

http://www.bennetyee.org/ucsd-pages/area.html

It lists area codes in numerical order so it's very quick to find what you are looking for. I hope this helps.

E.Papitto

Eileen Papitto
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 10:30:10 AM »

I am looking for an example of a phone script to recruit customers please. Does anyone have one to share please? Huh
JacobWulff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 03:36:10 PM »

This is something I too am interested in. Looking for any ideas. If I do come up with anything I'll be sure to keep you all informed. Smiley

Kind Regards,

Jacob S. Wulff
Global Domains International, Inc.
Independent Affiliate
Stephanie Remers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 01:52:49 AM »

Hi guys,

Have you been to Marvin Drobes' site? http://www.wealth411.ws

Marvin has posted many resources including followup emails and phone scripts. You'll also find information on his Sunday night training call which you can also attend through Hot Conference.

In Success,
Stephanie

If you think you can, you can. If you think
you can't, you're right.  ~Henry Ford
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 01:54:25 AM »

Anyone help me here please?
BrianPerrone

Happy Emailing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2005, 02:53:11 PM »

Here is a script that I just wrote for my team to use. Key things to remember.

#1 You MUST speak clearly and confidently. Try standing up with good posture while you talk especially if you have a weak voice or are not comfortable on the phone.

#2 Don't mention money. If the person asks how much you are making, DO NOT TELL THEM. Your reply should be something like this...I don't like to give that information out so soon. The reason being, I don't want to create any false hopes. This is a business, and you do have to put some effort into it. I don't know how much time and effort you are willing to put into your business right now. You can ask me again in a few months but even then I am not promising you I will tell you anything. We will see how much YOU are making in 6 months! Isn't that is what is important.

If they ask how much it costs...Nothing for 7 days. So cost doesn't matter right now, what does is whether or not you can SEE the potential to earn a nice living. (kinda light heartedly...) You  might have to skip McDonalds once or twicea month to cover your overhead. It doesnt matter anyway because your BUSINESS should be making a PROFIT!

#3 The purpose of this call is NOT TO SELL AN OPPORTUNITY. It is to HELP your prospect start their own business

Hello "name",

How are you doing today?
My name is...
I just want to let you know that this is not a sales call. In FACT, I am not going to ask you to buy a thing. I only ask for 30 seconds of your time. I do however, have ONE question for you to answer before I continue.

Are you the type of person that would be interested in the possibility of owning your own business and working from the comfort of your own home?(see responses below)

(IF NO)_ I am sorry to hear that, unfortunately this information is not for you. I am sorry to have waisted your time. If you ever decide that you are this type of person...go to www.my.ws and put in (your user name) as the access code.  (People do not like to be left out so wait a few seconds and see if they bite and ask for the info then continue with the yes response)
Good bye "name"

(IF YES)Great! You must be a high achiever. Have you ever heard of Global Domains international?(probably not)GDI is the sole distributor of .ws (DOT WS) domains worldwide.
 .ws Stands for WebSite just like .com stands for commercial.
Right now there are approximately 30 Million domain names registered accross the world. That number is expected to BOOM to over 500 Million in the next 10 years which is a HUGE opportunity to be leveraged  IF you position yourself correctly right now. 

Do you have a few minutes and access to the internet right now so you can watch a short movie that GDI has spent a quarter of a million dollars producing and does a much better job of explaining this BUSINESS than I can?

(IF NO)That is ok, If you can grab a pencil and paper, I will give you the website address so you can go to it when you do have the time. Do you have it...OK good. You NEED to go to www.my.ws

Your access code will be(your GDI username)

Just fill in the short form so the movie can be customized for you...they characters will actually say your name. It is pretty neat. Just make sure that your speakers are turned up.

Do you have any questions?
(answer any that you can somewhat vaguely. You goal is to get them to watch the movie by stressing that it will explain it all)

(IF YES)<Get them to go to www.my.ws  The access code is your username. Then they will need to fill out their name and email address. Try to stay on the line with them and walk them all the way through the signup process. Even though you can sign up for the free trial without a payment method, try to get them to put that info in there because it will lower your drop-out rate significantly. Point out that they will not be charged until AFTER the 7 day trial anyway.

In the event you get an answering machine

Hi my name is....
It has been brought to my attention that you or someone in your household has been looking for infomation about starting a home business. If this is true go to www.my.ws  Your access code will be(your username). Go check it out! You can reach me at...if you have any questions.

I hope this helps.

Brian Perrone

P.S. I am writing a new network marketing book that will be full of ideas like this. Keep your eyes peeled for my posts!

Brian Perrone

"Get what you want by helping others get what they want!" author Unknown
ChrisAdamson

Show me the Smurfs!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2005, 10:54:41 PM »

hi everyone

I was just wondering what everyone thinks about calling people? Me myself i dont like to give out my phone number but in some cases i have no choice (business card), and im a little unsure about calling people following up! Is the phone call an important part of recuiting people?

anyone have an opion?

thanks chris
Gerald Yancey

I just love sinking my teeth into this business!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2005, 11:32:58 PM »

Hi Chris,

If following up by phone is not your cup of tea, you can send a follow up email instead.

Gerald

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2005, 12:11:32 AM »

Many people hate it, there is however no substitute for personal contact!
TerryH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2005, 02:26:53 PM »

I have found that calling prospects increases your signup ratio alot.
So, when it's possible, I always do it.
I just introduce myself and ask them questions and get to know what they're looking for.
Once I know that, I can explain to them how I an help them achieve their goals.
Terry
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: