March 28, 2024, 07:14:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The dreaded Phone call  (Read 22284 times)
SSmith

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2005, 09:04:14 PM »

Chris,

You may want to consider purchasing a prepaid cell phone from which you can make and receive calls. 
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2005, 09:18:45 PM »

Hi Chris,

Just keep it short.

"Hi, I'm Chris. I'm calling you all the way from Pennsylvania. I heard you were interested in working from home?

If they respond Yes, then give them your URL to view the presentation.

If they say no, ask them if they mind getting a pen and paper to write down your URL incase they change their mind in the future.

Be sure to leave your contact information incase they have any questions.

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
ChrisAdamson

Show me the Smurfs!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2005, 09:26:56 PM »

Thanks for the tips  Grin
StacyPerez

Me thinking as usual ..lol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2005, 11:48:35 AM »

Chris,

The only thing about following up by email is...
TODAY.. it is more of a challenge to email people and
it appear in their inbox...

NOW if you are purchasing leads.. I would say email
first.. OR use the invite system.. THOSE that come
to your affiliate replicating site.. OR visit the video
through the invite system..  I would say call them..

I am more likely to call a lead/prospect of someone
who visited my website on their own where they generated
a lead.. OR someone who revisits and I am alerted...

SOMETIMES people will NOT sign up on the spot by
email.. It does work.. BUT sometimes people want to
talk to someone to make sure their is a real person
behind it.. THEY may have questions.. etc..
You can also share your story and talk about the value
of the GDI product...

IF you decide to call people.. I would say the ones that
generate as a lead for you.. WARM/HOT leads.. OR ones
who watch that video..  WHEN calling I would say..

Hi my name is YOURNAME, and you just visited my
GDI website.. once you have the right person on the phone..
AND ask them if they have any questions and NOT sound
like you are selling.. Get to know them and relationship
build.

I know I have seen people post in this forum GDI help
sites with scripts.. You  might want to check those out...

LEADS that I did not generate on my own.. I would be
more likely to communicate by email first to weed out the
more serious ones..

Best Wishes,
Stacy Perez

hi everyone

I was just wondering what everyone thinks about calling people? Me myself i dont like to give out my phone number but in some cases i have no choice (business card), and im a little unsure about calling people following up! Is the phone call an important part of recuiting people?

anyone have an opion?

thanks chris

Stacy Perez
"Inspiring and Helping Parents Work From Home"
KLopez

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2005, 01:35:24 PM »

I hate giving out my phone number to 'just anybody.' Also, I would hate calling.... just not my cup of tea.
HowardMartell

"Repetition is the mother of all Skills"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2005, 07:07:59 AM »

I have suggest for you do you enjoy chatting online with like minded people.

Yahoo, msn aol has members directory all which is free all you have do is search for people who share the same types of hobbies or passions you have and strike up conversation.

Another way to build relationships is via micrphone on skype.com
or yahoo.com voice messaging.

P_Gringel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2005, 05:53:32 PM »

I think the phone call followup can be the best thing. I have a downliner  who did  that all the the time and  just took off. So yes I would say phone call followup is the best. It can be learned  you know and you get better at it just by doing it.Once you get over the initial intimidating shock. It is well worth the effort. Cool
WTomas

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2006, 07:05:28 PM »

Personally, I hate calling my leads!

I have a list of a few hundred leads and its got to the point where I try to make excuses for not calling them. I don't like being called and I don't like calling.

How do you get around this?
I do what i was taught to do in my previous company. Use the messengers....
Download yourself a copy of Trillian and make sure you have accounts with yahoo, msn, iqc and aol.

Then go through your leads and add them to your messenger, send them an email and let them know that they ahve been added and inite them for a chat whenever they are on.

I find this incredibly easy.
By the way, when you chat on messenger you find the same questions come up alot. I use a program called biz automator which allows me to paste all answers to frequently asked questions into messenger windows.

This is my way of getting around the can't talk on the phone thingy. Naturally I would be more than happy to call leads that I have generated myself, this is a different matter.

I have never felt comfortable called leads not generated by me simply because I don't know how these leads are generated.
I would be interested to hear from you guys that are having success calling leads...maybe it will change my mind.

Wojtek
HowardMartell

"Repetition is the mother of all Skills"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2006, 10:54:33 PM »

You have brought up a good point.  but what I have learned from my experience with the phone is that to build rapore quickly and find qualified business partners the phone is one of the key communication tools.

The reason being is that if we get to the prospect while their still watching the movie we have a better chance of having them be more receptive to answering simple qualifying questions via the phone.

Email to me works good but it doesn't build personnel rapore with people who interested in having a  affordable business.

The interview process is simple are main goal is to qualify these people via the phone by building rapore, and gathering information about why they need a home business.

Next we want to set up a time whether it be via the phone,instant messaging, email to answer their top 3 questions about the company.

I direct people to the dvd presentation and offer a free gift to them via email showing them value their time.

Finally, to be successful at any business you have to do things that other people won't do, one being building relationships via the phone!

Be a champion and overcome the fear of the phone you to can have great success!

Take Care

Howie Martell

Marcus Warnes

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2006, 02:23:44 PM »

Hi guys,
Just got started on the free trial on Saturday and this is my first post. I've had a quick look around the forum and couldn't resist a brief interjection in this thread.

We've been in network marketing for nearly 2 1/2 years with another company with limited success. One of the things that I found the hardest to master was using the telephone, boy did I struggle, any excuse not to call people. When I did, I was rubbish! Not because I couldn't talk with people, just that I talked at them and got the results I deserved. Their barriers went up and that was that. My confidence took a battering, but we persisted and learnt how to have effective conversations, both through reading different books, listening to CDs and practicising.

The key for me is to ask questions and listen. The most effective communicators are not the best talkers, but the best listeners. Learn how to ask the right question at the right time, listen to what people say, make an effort to understand what they are saying and what they are looking for, feedback to them what they've said and you'll find that they'll tell themselves why they should get involved, or at the least take a look at what you've got. Remember, it's you doing them the favour, not the other way around! Develop some posture and interview them!

I fully empathise with those of you who have an aversion to using the phone - I hated it. But the truth is that the phone, next to speaking with people face to face, is the most effective tool we have as network marketers. Once we became effective communicators and got good at using the phone we started to get results, being our companies top UK recruiters in two different months. What's that saying about feel the fear and do it anyway...?

What really attracted us to this business was the simplicity and duplicatability (is that a word?), which was a problem with our last company. However, due to the highly automated nature of the systems it could, I would guess, become extremely easy never to talk with anyone, relying almost entirely on e-mails, etc.

What we have been doing since Saturday (well Monday really, I'm not great at IT and it's taken a little while to master(Huh) the product), is to start calling the 10s of '000s of leads we've generated over the last few years and that weren't interested in our last business, to ask them if they're still looking for a work from home opportunity and if so, whether we could e-mail them some information to look at. Takes 30 seconds that's all (don't spend ages talking with opportunity seekers, spend your time with opportunity buyers - 30 seconds at the front end, then once they've typed in their credit card details have a deeper conversation, eg ask them lots of questions, not the other way round).

We've also been e-mailing the leads we don't have numbers for (not spamming, I hasten to add, these are genuine opportunity seekers that have contacted us with their details). Guess what, we've signed up 6 people for the free trial - all of whom we've spoken to first. Only one of those we've e-mailed have signed up. And we've e-mailed a lot more than we've spoken to. Of the 10 people that I have physically spoken to this evening, every single one of them has said they'll take a look at what I've got.

Early days in this business, I know, but there are some universal laws that apply - this is a relationship business and most people buy you first, before they buy the business. If they never get to speak with you......     

Having said all that, I came in off an e-mail from someone I've never spoken to who got me off a list, go figure, but then I am deadly serious and was looking!

All the best with your businesses, guys and I wish you every success.

Take care,
Marcus
JRoth1

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2008, 03:37:09 AM »

My suggestion is to go to www.danijohnson.com register as a free member and take full advantage of her free archived calls. She will teach anyone how to recruit successfully with any type of lead.

Hope this helps,

Jenn
Harold Dennis

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2008, 02:56:06 PM »

You have brought up a good point.  but what I have learned from my experience with the phone is that to build rapore quickly and find qualified business partners the phone is one of the key communication tools.

The reason being is that if we get to the prospect while their still watching the movie we have a better chance of having them be more receptive to answering simple qualifying questions via the phone.

Email to me works good but it doesn't build personnel rapore with people who interested in having a  affordable business.

The interview process is simple are main goal is to qualify these people via the phone by building rapore, and gathering information about why they need a home business.

Next we want to set up a time whether it be via the phone,instant messaging, email to answer their top 3 questions about the company.

I direct people to the dvd presentation and offer a free gift to them via email showing them value their time.

Finally, to be successful at any business you have to do things that other people won't do, one being building relationships via the phone!

Be a champion and overcome the fear of the phone you to can have great success!

Take Care

Howie Martell

Ok, gotta ask...  What's the free gift?

Budd Dennis,  Newbie
BradK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2008, 09:07:08 AM »

PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL OR ANSWER THE PHONE![/b]

I get more sales in my primary business because I actually pick up the phone and I answer or I call. Most people just want a human connection and that is about all it takes because we all know how great GDI is as a product and an opportunity! I have had more people tell me that the MAIN reason they are joining my business is because I answered the phone! This is not rocket science folks. It may be the Internet but to make it you must offer the personal touch...Brad Grin

I Would Rather Be HATED For Who I Am Than LOVED For Who I Am Not!
Gordon Milton

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2008, 03:15:24 PM »

This thread brings back memories of a talk given by Rich De Vos
who was co-founder of Amway. He was doing a world tour at the
time.

He said that while he had been at many of the meetings, talking
to many distributors at various levels, they all had their own
opinions as to which was the best way to build "the business".

He concluded that there was no "best way". He said that what you
had to do was to test-drive all the different ways, not just for
a week, but preferable for a reasonable period of time, and
select about 3 or 4 methods that worked best for you. Then keep
using those methods.

The bottom line though, is this,
"To get whatever you want, you have to do whatever it takes!"

Hope this helps,

Gordon
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: