March 28, 2024, 03:29:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Spam Policy  (Read 67636 times)
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 13, 2005, 03:10:09 AM »

Hello,

I have talked to a few people today who are suspended from GDI due to spam. They have to pay a $200 fine in order to be an active member again. I think it's important to address the spam policies so everyone is aware of what is considered spam and what isn't. You can find the information below in the FAQ's in your member's area.

Spam Policy
At WebSite.ws, we are fully aware of our responsibilities as honorable Internet citizens, and we maintain a ZERO TOLERANCE Spam Policy accordingly. We are highly sensitive to the privacy of and are dedicated to protecting the rights of all Internet citizens. We vigorously oppose the sending of unsolicited e-messages (Spam) and will make every effort to enforce our strict Anti-Spam policies.

WebSite.ws does NOT allow anyone to use our products or services for the purpose of sending Spam, nor do we allow our products or services to be referenced in Spam. If a customer sends Spam to anyone, his or her account will be terminated.

Definition of Spam
Spam is ANY and ALL unsolicited e-mail or alternative electronic messages. Any promotion, information, or solicitation sent to a person without their DIRECT prior consent is Spam. Examples of Spam (consist of, but are NOT limited to):

Any e-message is Spam if sent to a recipient who had previously signed up to receive newsletters, product information, or any other type of e-message, but later opted-out by indicating to the sender they no longer wish to receive additional e-messages.
Any e-message sent to recipients that have had no prior association with the sender or did not DIRECTLY agree to be contacted by the sender is Spam.
Any e-message sent to recipients obtained from "opt-in" lists with whom the sender has no prior association is Spam.
Any e-message sent to a recipient without a clear way for a person to opt-out or request future messages not be sent to them, is Spam.
Any e-message sent or posted via chat rooms, instant messaging systems, newsgroups, message boards, or Usenet is Spam.
Any e-message that does not have a valid reply-to address is Spam.

What is NOT Spam?
A message is NOT Spam if the recipient directly requested information be sent to them from the sender or the sender's organization, and that recipient has not subsequently asked for removal from their list.

If you are unsure as to whether a particular e-message violates this policy, the e-message will most likely be considered Spam. If you have any questions about our Anti-Spam Policy, or if you want to report a violation of our policies, please contact spam@website.ws.

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
SSmith

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 06:40:57 AM »

Wow.

Do you know where I and anyone else without html code knowledge can get 'opt out' message to put at the bottom of our emails to friends, family, and followups.
KarenB

Have a Daisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 11:23:05 AM »

Wow.

Do you know where I and anyone else without html code knowledge can get 'opt out' message to put at the bottom of our emails to friends, family, and followups.

I'm not sure about how to do that exactly (but I believe the emails sent out via the 'invite' section already has this included? or do the recipients just simply ignore?), but I was thinking that as far as your family or friends are concerned, it would not be considered spam if they know who you are and you are communicating with them about it. If they are not interested they would simply tell you?

Another easier way to suggest is to recommend they "reply to this email with 'not interested' in the subject line", or something similar? So you can then take them off your list. (I dunno if this is what they mean in the "Anti-Spam" Policy)

hmm, I dunno, to my mind:

a. I wouldn't email directly anyone I don't actually know, not without any prior communication to see if they would be interested first before even thinking of giving them links.

b. I make use of the fully auto-mated mail-outs available through the 'Leads' area of the GDI member area to play it safe.

I hope this helps

~Karen
JNapier

Living by Faith! One day at a time!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 03:21:12 AM »

Fortunately I haven't had any spam complaints after sending out up to 75,000 leads since I started in February. I have now stopped the purchased lead programs since I am concerned over spam. I have decided to build my own list from direct contact so I have been busy coming up with other marketing plans to build my business. 

All my best,
Norma  Shocked

If life hands you lemons, plant the seeds and one day you will have a rich harvest

Living by Faith,
one day at a time!
Roxanne G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 10:05:44 AM »

An opt out is simply a statement at the bottom of the email saying something like:

If you no longer wish to recieve correspondence from me, please reply to this message with remove in the subject line.

Have a great day, after all, today is the first day of the rest of your life!!

Roxanne
G Williams1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 03:30:22 AM »

Thanks Nicole et all,

While I was looking at this opportunity I got 1 email promoting something else.  It was clear it came from an individual connected with this opportunity.  true it was only  one....  But it takes only one ! I want to be able to assure   family, friends and strangers that they won't be bothered by unwanted emai offers.

If we are professional it will show and enable us to build real teams of people. So please NO SPAM !

Thanks Greg                                           
CristinM

WE are the DOT COM COMPETITION.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 01:09:53 AM »

Can they even consider that spam? I mean, these people obviously opted in at some point! Also, GDI wouldn't give these leads vendors the time of day if they didn't trust their sources.

. I have now stopped the purchased lead programs since I am concerned over spam.

Cristin Mackey
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2005, 04:46:13 PM »

When I was trying to pin down what was not working with my GDI email forwarding thingy. Never did figure that out-it just started to work again. Weird. But during that period I turned off my ISP spam program. I now get loads of spam. Much without even the disclaimer or opt out notice at the bottom. I wonder how they get away with all that.
But I still have the spam stopper not turned on. I am starting to get into the spam. Some of it is downright rude and others are tooo funny. I may be turning into a spam junkie here!!! Help before I turn into a spammer too!! Oh it hurts! But honestly it is way funny-my sides hurt from laughing at the spam I get!  Cheesy
I am sick-but I know it.
Deborah H
ps, SPAMing is bad guys--don't do it..you won't be laughing when you get caught if you are doing it. Cool
Kyra Tuey

Don't just be in it for now, be in it for LIFE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2005, 05:01:53 PM »

As long as you are purchasing *leads* from a decent company, GDI can't blame you for *spamming*. When I say decent, I mean that these leads have like email address, first and last names, phone numbers, mailing addresses, IP addresses and request dates. As long as you have all of that information for ALL of your leads...and you are in compliant with the SPAM laws...you provide your mailing address (can be a PO Box) and a way to remove their email from BOTH your emails & GDI's invite system, than there's no way that you can get *in trouble* for SPAM. Just make sure that you are compliant with ALL of the laws. You have to be responsible about it. If you aren't, not only will you lose your capabilities with GDI, but also you can be fined some SERIOUS cash for spamming. So...be careful!

Kyra  Smiley

Thanks,
Kyra
JNapier

Living by Faith! One day at a time!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2005, 12:59:10 AM »

I am a spam hater through and through. I haven' t found one thing funny about it yet. Too much of it is pure filth and tells me a lot about the person sending it.

My husband who is the quiet reserved type received a filthy spam email from a person who used the name of a female church going friend from back home.  This email really shook him up and he quickly called for me to take a look. However, when I checked out the email address I knew at once it wasn't the friend from back home.  The subject heading didn't give a clue to the content or he wouldn't have opened it to start with.

I have received several spam emails which I thought were from people I know.  It seems some people will use all kinds of trickery to get to you.  Wouldn't it be great if they would all disappear?  Where is David Copperfield when I need him?

All my best,
Norma  Shocked

Living by Faith,
one day at a time!
David_Z

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2005, 08:20:54 PM »

Can Kyra's post be taken as authoritative?
CJ Barlow

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2005, 09:32:18 PM »

Personally, I bought 15,000 leads from a company that a Heavy Hitter uses. I use the same mailing program as Art Kovach and usually send around 5k e-mails a day out. I have been doing this for a month and I do the following to stay CAN-SPAM compliant:

1) Copy GDI's "Subject Line"
2) Make sure (i triple check before mailing) that the Removal link for GDI is working
3) Have another method of Opt-out, I have the people send me an email, subject line:
Remove Me - email address in the body
4) I place these removed e-mails in a text file that my mailing program checks against. It does NOT send to anyone on that list, I tested it myself.

Most importantly, if you do decide to send the invites yourself (not via Bulkmailer.ws, GDI etc.) REMOVE EVERYONE who requests it ASAP and test your message, send it to your own e-mail address and see if it looks right. I have only had ONE threat (no complant sent) that was just a misunderstanding from about 30,000 leads (Full Data, that means First Name, Last Name, etc.) just keep it clean and you will do fine.

CJ
Aaron B

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2005, 10:25:42 AM »

how do we take people off of our list if they were put in in the "invite" section and requested that we stop sending them stuff?
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2005, 10:27:14 AM »

how do we take people off of our list if they were put in in the "invite" section and requested that we stop sending them stuff?

http://mailing.gdi.ws/delete

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
MichelleG

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2005, 10:09:34 PM »

can the link to remove emails be put in our back office??

I don't often have to remove emails but when I do I have to search through the forum for the link..

Just a suggestion..

thanks
Michelle
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: