March 29, 2024, 07:12:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Spam Policy  (Read 67682 times)
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2005, 10:20:07 PM »

can the link to remove emails be put in our back office??

I don't often have to remove emails but when I do I have to search through the forum for the link..

Just a suggestion..

thanks
Michelle

Hi Michelle,

You can save the URL to your favorites.

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2005, 08:45:01 AM »

My favorites are so long I can't find anything in them without a huge search. Is there a GDI favorites I missed somewhere? Otherwise you can print out stuff like this and keep it in a file.
Deborah H Smiley
CJ Barlow

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2005, 10:57:09 AM »

I am wondering, a buddy of mine who is on my upline got in trouble recently for spamming. Him and I send out the exact same emails with same programs and all, we just send the invites to different people.

But, my real question is, does GDI reactive your account and tell you exactly what you did wrong after you respond to the abuse email they send you? I just want to know because it could save me future trouble.

Thanks

CJ
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2005, 11:09:10 AM »

I am wondering, a buddy of mine who is on my upline got in trouble recently for spamming. Him and I send out the exact same emails with same programs and all, we just send the invites to different people.

But, my real question is, does GDI reactive your account and tell you exactly what you did wrong after you respond to the abuse email they send you? I just want to know because it could save me future trouble.

Thanks

CJ

Hello CJ,

You'll be hit with a fine and after it's paid, your account may be considered for re-activation. This is an issue that needs to be directed to GDI's Support Team.

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
ColleenWhittaker

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2005, 07:04:21 PM »

I really want to understand the rules for leads.  The GDI leads are too expensive.  Can you purchase leads from a good company and not have to worry about spam?  Can you send them through the GDI invite? Will someone please help clear this up.  I always heard that the purchased leads, are compiled from people who wanted information about work-at-home.  I really can't understand how anyone could send out 100 invites a day without some other type of puchased leads.  If you aren't allowed to do this, how can you afford to generate enough traffic.   Help!!!! thanks, I'm a newbie.
MasVenturesCorp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2005, 08:13:13 PM »

Hello and I am new to all of this.

I have a question, are using rotators, considered spam ?
I use several online rotators to promote my companies and was wondering if i can use them?

Thank you
MVC
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2005, 08:29:08 PM »

Hello and I am new to all of this.

I have a question, are using rotators, considered spam ?
I use several online rotators to promote my companies and was wondering if i can use them?

Thank you
MVC

I believe rotators are involved with traffic exchanges? If not, please correct me. In this case no, it's not considered spam because you have to sign up as a member at these exchanges and, the whole point is to view sites so that you generate traffic to yours.

Nicole

Dennis F

Get outa yer comfort zone and use the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2005, 09:48:45 PM »

MasVenturesCorp,  are using rotators, considered spam ?

Not Spam ...BUT make sure you do not violate the site terms and agreements, then you do get negetive feedback.
 Rotators,  have the capability of "rotating" multiple sites off of one url

Now 95% of the sites have thier own rotator and Do Not Allow you to use your own. And you can get banned

So READ the terms and agreements carefully before trying to submitt you own rotator if you have one you use.

I don not submitt rotator urls because you can get in trouble ...I do however use a homepage rotator....every time I open up the window I advertise on a different site..very useful if you have multiple accounts this way you can actively use each site by keeping them in a rotation and not violate the sites terms and agreements.        Hope the is helpfull

The grass is only greener on the other side of the fence because you put the fence there...pssst... take it down.
ShericeE

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2005, 09:45:55 PM »

I have a question regarding the spam policy..... 

Any e-message sent or posted via chat rooms, instant messaging systems, newsgroups, message boards, or Usenet is Spam

My question is in regards to msg boards.  I believe I have seen posts to the effect of posting on msg boards or forums.  I can see chat rooms, IM's ect. But I have to admit that I did post banners on a couple voy forums.  They were business opportunity forums (voy was the first free site I found) If I'm not mistaken most of them said post your opportunity type of thing.  So what is the rules about that?   I want to make certain, I don't want to be a SPAMMER!!!  As I get WAY to many of them myself and don't like them!! But now here's a question.....  If someone sends you an email regarding an opportunity can we send ours to them?  "YEAH yours sounds nice but mines better!!"  LOL
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2005, 09:54:31 PM »

I have a question regarding the spam policy..... 

Any e-message sent or posted via chat rooms, instant messaging systems, newsgroups, message boards, or Usenet is Spam

My question is in regards to msg boards.  I believe I have seen posts to the effect of posting on msg boards or forums.  I can see chat rooms, IM's ect. But I have to admit that I did post banners on a couple voy forums.  They were business opportunity forums (voy was the first free site I found) If I'm not mistaken most of them said post your opportunity type of thing.  So what is the rules about that?   I want to make certain, I don't want to be a SPAMMER!!!  As I get WAY to many of them myself and don't like them!! But now here's a question.....  If someone sends you an email regarding an opportunity can we send ours to them?  "YEAH yours sounds nice but mines better!!"  LOL

Hello Sherice,

Always read the Website's user agreement and privacy policy to be on the safe side. Different forums, different rules.

Voy's user agreement clearly states the following: You will not engage in unsolicited advertising to other members or users of VoyForums to buy or sell any products or services.

Nicole

ShericeE

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2005, 12:01:15 PM »

YIKES!!  Shocked   Thanks Nicole!!  I will rememeber to read the useragreeement and privacy policy before hand from now on.  Guess I was thinking "their forum said post your opportunity" so I did.  THANK YOU!!!
BKeppel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2005, 12:05:08 PM »

Buying 100'000 GDI business cards and dropping them over a residial area from a C-130 transport plane is also considered spam.
I'm surprised its never been mentioned before. Now that could get you into real trouble!

Grin

Spam is also not very effective at recruiting members - how many of you actually take anything that lands in the spam folder seriously?
That's where personal contact comes into play - just knowing the person can make a GDI invite really legit.

I'm currently sneaking in links to GDI's hosting services on my websites. Just to be safe, I keep links at least one click away from the main page, so that if my personal pages are linked from forums, it isn't considered as spam.
BKeppel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2005, 04:13:13 PM »

Fortunately I haven't had any spam complaints after sending out up to 75,000 leads since I started in February. I have now stopped the purchased lead programs since I am concerned over spam.

Wow - that's a big number of leads. How were your results? Even if only 0.01% sign up, that's already 750 people!

Due to the Spam policy I've only bought leads once, and haven't tried since.

I hope you can't get flagged for spam abuse for using GDI's new leads!
(Are you protected if you only buy leads this way?)
Dennis F

Get outa yer comfort zone and use the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2005, 07:53:59 PM »

A safe targeted group to email is from safelists. What is a Safelist?  Huh

DEFINITIONBasically, a safelist is a group of people all willing to receive promotions via email

By definition then, that means that safelists are what is known as "opt-in". Opt-in is when:

1. People actively choose to receive your message by signing in some manner
2. People can opt-out or unsubscribe from the list at any time

And a better opt in lister is a person that double verifies for thier opt in by filling out and then comfirming with an email. Grin

And if you want to do some self educating on the subject do a google on safelists.  Becuase spamming "unknowingly even" can get you banned from you ISP even.
In closing I would say Fly striaght and keep Your Name and everyone you represent respectable.

Also I emphasize to Read Terms and Agreements to all sites, software, and services.

The grass is only greener on the other side of the fence because you put the fence there...pssst... take it down.
Yvonne Acuna

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2005, 03:30:09 AM »

I really want to understand the rules for leads.  The GDI leads are too expensive.  Can you purchase leads from a good company and not have to worry about spam?  Can you send them through the GDI invite? Will someone please help clear this up.  I always heard that the purchased leads, are compiled from people who wanted information about work-at-home.  I really can't understand how anyone could send out 100 invites a day without some other type of puchased leads.  If you aren't allowed to do this, how can you afford to generate enough traffic.   Help!!!! thanks, I'm a newbie.

I am also a newbie with the same questions.  Can somebody answer Colleen's questions?  Thanks to everyone with their inputs. 

Take Care and goodluck with your GDI BIZ!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: