April 26, 2024, 06:17:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Success Requires Focus!  (Read 31190 times)
AndrewWhitfield

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2005, 04:26:50 AM »

Hi, my name is andrew whitfield and have been with GDI for about 5 weeks.
I have no budget whatsoever so have been spending all my time advertising on free classified ads and locally with flyers. Although im getting around 60 - 70 hits a week on my site i have only managed to sign up 2 people and am starting to feel dis-heartened. I need some motivating, any ideas or help would be gratefully received. Also the video at www.my.ws and my own site more-money.ws doesnt seem to be playing correctly, has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thankyou for listening to me feeling sorry for myself!

Andrew Whitfield
SandraC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 04:46:49 AM »

Hi Andrew
Believe me Andrew we have all felt exactly as you are now, I do have empathy with you,BUT if you calculate that you are only going to get 2 sign ups every 5 weeks that is about 10 - 12 per year, hardly breaking even you are thinking yeah, am
JNapier

Living by Faith! One day at a time!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 06:03:41 AM »

If you are calculating the ones you sign up only without taking into consideration the no. of members your sign ups will also bring in then your tally card will be way off.

Believe me it takes time and patience to build any business. All we have to do is keep on keeping on. Refuse to look backwards!! The finish line isn't back there, it is ahead.

I can't stress enough the importance of believing in yourself. If you keep working to get the word out to all the people you can, then you are sowing seeds. The harvest will come!!

All my best,
Norma  Shocked
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 12:03:35 AM by JNapier » Logged

Living by Faith,
one day at a time!
Kyra Tuey

Don't just be in it for now, be in it for LIFE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 06:03:41 AM »

Andrew,
Most of us here have been in your situation....it'll get better. Make sure that you are also motivating your downline (even if it is 2 signups). You just have to stick with it. We all have our days (sometimes weeks) where we feel discouraged because it isn't *booming* like we've hoped. As our famous administrator Chip always tells us, "Think Long-Term".
It will get better....just give it some time.

~Kyra

Thanks,
Kyra
D Ross

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 06:10:05 AM »

Hi Andrew,

I agree with Sandra, been there, done that! Actually when you look at it, 2 sign ups out of 60 to 70 hits is not all that bad. If you cruise around the affiliate forums you'll see people getting lot higher hits with less sign ups! The other thing to remember is that it takes time for people to even "reconize" that your there. A friend of mine that owns an advertising business said that people don't "see" your ad for about a month, they mentally "tune you out" and the secret is to keep on advertising by what ever way that you can afford and realize that it takes time to get to where you want to go. I hope this helps you some and that your business grows.

D ROSS  Smiley
KerryS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 02:07:00 PM »

Andrew,

I was where you are now about a year ago. The difference is I quit! Now a year later all I can think is, "where would you be now if you had not quit a year ago"?

Stick with it. And 60-70 hits! Wow, I better go hit the pavement instead fo sitting here sending leads! Once  .ws becomes a well know thing, like .com, you will be happy you stuck it out!

Kerry
Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005, 02:07:00 PM »

Hi Andrew!

Let me comfort you a bit! I'm in this business already for almost 3 months now, but have only 2 signups. I have to confess, that I didn't work so hard as you did, but anyway. But now - it started to happen so don't give up! Do you hear me?

REMEMBER: DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

Tatjana

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
Gerald Yancey

I just love sinking my teeth into this business!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005, 02:07:11 PM »

Hi Andrew,

Even I get discorage sometimes but you have to keep the faith. Try some offline advertising in newspapers. Place a tiny ad in Employment Guides since it's more targeted to people looking to earn an income. Buy GDI business cards and pass them out to college students. That extra money will help pay off some college tuition. Target people that think they can benefit from the extra income.

Hope this helps.

Gerald

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!
StacyPerez

Me thinking as usual ..lol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2005, 05:17:34 PM »

Have you all considered promoting the concept of having your own
website.. with the ability to make multiple streams of income?Huh

YOU all may want to consider talking about the benefits of GDI..
and the concept..

I don't want anyone to freak but I have been promoting GDI
this is now my 3rd week.. My first week I signed up 45 people..
My second week I signed up 25 people.. AND this week just
started and I signed up 8 people so far..

YES, I am marketing totally online using my existing mailing list..
BUT would you believe that total I have signed up almost 80 people
AND that is about 50% of the leads I have generated that have signed
up???  I do not even think I have generated over 200 leads yet..

I believe it is in what I am writing.. PLUS my firm believe and vision
of what GDI offers.. Is what I believe is selling..

I have read many posts of people who have been in months who
have only enrolled a few people.. THINK about how you are marketing..
What are you writing in your ads.. AND most importantly.. FOLLOWING
UP.. If you do NOT follow up.. you mine as well kiss your lead good bye
because when someone else approaches that lead.. they may sell
them.

Just my 2 cents..

Stacy

Stacy Perez
"Inspiring and Helping Parents Work From Home"
Kelly Tolar

*Kelly Tolar*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2005, 03:19:22 AM »

Hey It's Kelly Tolar here........ 

DITTO to Stacy!  I have had more success when telling people about the product more then the biz opportunity.  Really if people see the product, the company, testimonies, etc.  The business opportunity will fall right into place. 

I really feel that when people join in the conference call and create ENERGY - this will totally snow ball! 

RUN LIKE YOUR HAIR IS ON FIRE :-)))))
Don't SELL - JUST SHARE, that will take the pressure off and WE'll all be a success.

Excited about everyone!

Kelly Tolar
Charlotte, NC

How many people can you set financially free this year?
Kelly Tolar
Amy Derby

i am a work in progress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2005, 03:24:13 AM »

Andrew,

I was where you are now about a year ago. The difference is I quit! Now a year later all I can think is, "where would you be now if you had not quit a year ago"?
Stick with it. And 60-70 hits! Wow, I better go hit the pavement instead fo sitting here sending leads! Once  .ws becomes a well know thing, like .com, you will be happy you stuck it out!

Kerry

I didn't even think of it that way.  Just goes to show, there's always a positive spin somewhere -- after all, your quitting just inpired me NOT TO.  Smiley

~Amy~

"Imagine Being More Afraid of Freedom Than Slavery." ~Pamela Sneed~
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2005, 03:26:34 AM »

Remember a journey of 1000miles starts with a single step. You made the step keep going its worth the the effort. Have faith and the stars will shine!!
David Verney

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2005, 04:14:45 PM »

I feel exactly the same as you do.  I have only got one decent downline after around 3 weeks of hard work.  I have made full use of the invitation system - sending out 100 a day six days a week.  I have got many prospects and many inactive downline. 

The thing you need to remember is once you have that one or two downline, they are starting to work for you.  You are getting paid on the work they do and once they find downlines, you get money for them too. 

I am not going to give up and neither should you.

Regards

Dave

east Yorkshire, UK
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2005, 05:47:52 PM »

BUT. You never forget that you need to help them get going. Otherwise they might just sit there discouraged and overwhelmed. Wink
Deborah H
F_Rinza

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2006, 01:26:07 AM »

Wow a lods of encouragments geting  goosebumps got the engergy enogh to promote  for months to come too much for a newbie

Thanks gyz i am also in the same boat

Rimzan
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: