April 23, 2024, 10:23:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: What if my upline never contacts me?  (Read 45037 times)
DavidFoster

"What would you do if you weren't afraid?

View Profile WWW
« on: May 26, 2005, 09:22:29 PM »

Hello everyone. I just wanted to start this thread because I am getting a ton of e-mails from this forum from people that are desperately seeking help and they can not seem to get it from their uplines. That is the MOST important thing that you should do. You are bringing people in and showing them nothing. One thing that you have to remember about Network Marketing...people will dupicate almost everything that you do. If you work hard and promote and you tell them that and they see you growing, they will do the same. It is almost like taking somone by the hand and leading them into a dark cave that is completely unknown to them. Once you get inside, you let go and walk away...what do you think that person is going to do? They are going to do everything in their power to find the exit and get the heck out of there because they are scared of the unknown. It is our job as leaders to make this territory known for them.

How do we make it better? We study! When you sign up, you should get in the back office and read. Click on every link...click on it again...send yourself the invite letters...get to know the system. Once you educate yourself and actually see what there is in that office area for you to work with, it is easy to spread that same excitement and knoweledge down to people you share it with.

If you have a downline, do them a favor and LEARN! Teach yourself to teach them so that they in turn can teach. I guarantee your Rep retention will improve and you will have a more solid line of Business builders rather than people running for the exit the first chance they get! Contact them once a week as a MINIMUM!!! All people need is a little direction. Some more than others but if you show them, and believe in them...they in turn will believe in you and THAT is a foundation for a long term relationship!

HAPPY GDIing! I am always just an e-mail away if anyone has ANY questions.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 03:42:51 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged

David Foster

"Practice a few simple disciplines daily, and you will succeed"
Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 02:16:40 PM »

Hello David!

I'm so glad that someone else is putting this out, not only me, calling to talk show, and I totally agree with what you've written here.

I'm one of those abendoned persons who isn't scared at all, but is completelly alone and yes, I've thought about exiting the system too.

First of all I didn't have any questions. Everything was chrystal clear but the more you want to do, the more questions you have and fortunately this forum now exists.

Well this sin't only about being alone, abandoned and on your own, it's also about having a sort of inferiority complex. I've asked also myself if I'm not worthy enough someone to wellcome me.

So I decided I should contact my sponsor as it is advised. I've put two questions to him, but never got the answers. And we're here by this forum again. Forum is good, but it isn't our sponsor, isn't it so?

Well, I have to admit I didn't call my sponsor by the phone, but I've contacted him by e-mail. I'm expressing myself much better this way, but that surelly shouldn't be a reason for not getting any reply.

And finally: how should I teach my downlines (I have only one for now) if I can't be tought. I'm very capabile to learn a lot of things on my own - that's how I've learned to speak German and most of English - but sometimes help from other person  is needed and that person sponsor should be.

These are just my thoughts and if someone feels the same way, too, reply!

Sad Sad Sad

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
DavidFoster

"What would you do if you weren't afraid?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 02:47:23 PM »

Well I will tell you this Tatjana, the only thing you really have to pass down to your team is communication. Sometimes just letting them know you are there in case they need you is good enough. All you need to do to help them is spend time learning your back office tools. Read all you can about the company, where it has been, where it is going. This will also help you sell it. Once you do this you will have what they need. Then all you have to do is focus your energy on 2 things. Recruiting, and duplicating. Your team will dupicate you if you only guide them. People shoulld not even start recruiting until they are comfortable with the system. I think a lot of times team leaders do not stay in touch because like you, they too are not really sure what's going on.

HAPPY GDIing!!

David Foster

"Practice a few simple disciplines daily, and you will succeed"
RobinJones

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 02:47:09 AM »

Hello everyone,      Cry

This is my very first message. I am disappointed that I have not received any contact from my sponsor since the first e-mail that was sent to sign me up. Sponsors like this will make people want to quit. After I signed up and I didn't receive anything form my sponsor I felt like I had been hoodwinked. Then I did some research of my own and now I feel more comfortable and confident in the GDI system. Well I've been educating myself and passing my knowlege on to my downline (I only have one thus far). I send everyone who clicks and views the presentation a personal message and I ask them what they think and how they felt about the presentation. I offer for them to view the presentation again if they are having any doubts. I reassure them that the seven day trial is actually free. I also plan on contacting my downline at least weekly and whenever they sign some one up into their downline. Well that's all for now. I will send another message when I have some more news.

Robin Jones

DebraS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 12:06:19 PM »

Hi Robin,

I am having somewhat of the same problem. My sponsor is very helpful, but his help is very limited becayse he isn't getting help either. I decided to contact everyone in my upline with questions and I keep at it until I get some sort of reply.

Sometimes you have to be persistant in letting your upline know you need the help.

Good luck

Debra Stanich
Ginger Jacobson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 03:30:43 AM »

In any business, there are people who don't take their assets seriously.

You are an asset to your upline.  Let them know about it by holding your hand up and saying "hey, pay attention".

Go to your back office and click on the "upline" link.  The five people above you are listed there.  Email or call all of them and tell them that you want to learn and succeed.

Any serious mentor will make that a priority (it's profitable and it provides leadership in the downline).

If no one responds, find a new upline.  It's that simple.

GDI is definitely the right company, but remember if you want to succeed in business you need a support system you can count on.

You have the absolute right to CHOOSE your upline.  If the people you're working with won't help you.....choose someone else.

G
McKay_B

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 10:12:51 AM »

Hello there,

I'm new to GDI, however, what do you feel has been your biggest question or concerns when approaching your upline? I want to build a strong and continuous network of affiliates, and would like to be prepared for questions that they may have.

Irene Winder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 03:41:27 AM »

Hello everyone. I just wanted to start this thread because I am getting a ton of e-mails from this forum from people that are desperately seeking help and they can not seem to get it from their uplines. That is the MOST important thing that you should do. You are bringing people in and showing them nothing. One thing that you have to remember about Network Marketing...people will dupicate almost everything that you do. If you work hard and promote and you tell them that and they see you growing, they will do the same. It is almost like taking somone by the hand and leading them into a dark cave that is completely unknown to them. Once you get inside, you let go and walk away...what do you think that person is going to do? They are going to do everything in their power to find the exit and get the heck out of there because they are scared of the unknown. It is our job as leaders to make this territory known for them.

How do we make it better? We study! When you sign up, you should get in the back office and read. Click on every link...click on it again...send yourself the invite letters...get to know the system. Once you educate yourself and actually see what there is in that office area for you to work with, it is easy to spread that same excitement and knoweledge down to people you share it with.

If you have a downline, do them a favor and LEARN! Teach yourself to teach them so that they in turn can teach. I guarantee your Rep retention will improve and you will have a more solid line of Business builders rather than people running for the exit the first chance they get! Contact them once a week as a MINIMUM!!! All people need is a little direction. Some more than others but if you show them, and believe in them...they in turn will believe in you and THAT is a foundation for a long term relationship!

Hello David!

I'm so glad that someone else is putting this out, not only me, calling to talk show, and I totally agree with what you've written here.

I'm one of those abendoned persons who isn't scared at all, but is completelly alone and yes, I've thought about exiting the system too.

First of all I didn't have any questions. Everything was chrystal clear but the more you want to do, the more questions you have and fortunately this forum now exists.

Well this sin't only about being alone, abandoned and on your own, it's also about having a sort of inferiority complex. I've asked also myself if I'm not worthy enough someone to wellcome me.

So I decided I should contact my sponsor as it is advised. I've put two questions to him, but never got the answers. And we're here by this forum again. Forum is good, but it isn't our sponsor, isn't it so?

Well, I have to admit I didn't call my sponsor by the phone, but I've contacted him by e-mail. I'm expressing myself much better this way, but that surelly shouldn't be a reason for not getting any reply.

And finally: how should I teach my downlines (I have only one for now) if I can't be tought. I'm very capabile to learn a lot of things on my own - that's how I've learned to speak German and most of English - but sometimes help from other person  is needed and that person sponsor should be.

These are just my thoughts and if someone feels the same way, too, reply!

Sad Sad Sad
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 03:43:54 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
France Robert

Canada, eh?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 01:36:41 AM »

Hi guys  Smiley
I was the one who contacted my sponsor... then nothing more. Good thing my husband is in my downline... he helped me a lot Wink

I make sure to ALWAYS send an email to new sign-ups, anyone in my downline. I welcome them and tell them what a great decision they made in joining GDI and that they can contact me with any questions. If I can't answer them, I have a few people in my downline that are always willing to help. I also mention this forum which we really can't do without!

I get a reply every single time. They seem to appreciate being welcomed...

Have a successful day!

France

France Robert
HowardMartell

"Repetition is the mother of all Skills"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 01:58:42 AM »

Hello,

Fellow GDI Team members sorry to hear that each of you who tried to contact your upline never got response.

Another suggestion which use is to contact on all 5 levels upline sponsors or leaders who located in your backoffice.

Luckily my upline sponsor and my Good Friends and Business Partners have contacted me numerous times and answered my questions in timely matter.

Unfortunately, in this industry sometimes we have people who never take their business seriously and this wrong thing to do especially with new people who want to be successful in marketing online.

I guess you could say been blessed with the support and guidance received from leaders all over GDI From Marvin Drobes phone calls, John Long, and many other leaders who have helped me get answers to some questions.

Finally work this business each day learn something new about how to market your business the key is always in the followup.

Don't reinvent the wheel all takes is some time a little money and dedication to build and retain your team if you have any questions on what me and my team doing please email me can provide you with the two simple emails send my new members followed by a phone call to build rapore.

God Bless

Howard Martell Hawaii Leader Partime

« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 01:59:55 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
BrendaSue

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2005, 04:07:18 PM »

My goodness I know how you feel. I was in a business before where I never heard a peep from the upline. I quit them. Thankfully, I haven't had that with GDI. My open invitation to anyone out there who are feeling alone and not hearing from your upline: don't be afraid to write to me, I will be happy to help.  I not only help my downline, but people from outside my group (lol, I don't know how they find me but they do and Im glad). I only hope that they put in a good word for me sometimes, lol. I feel good helping too because I look at GDI as my family, and I know that when you do something nice for someone, it does come back to you.

It only takes a minute to say hello to your downline and see how they are doing and to boost their belief that they can do this and have everything they want out of life. Surely people can spare a minute.

If I don't know the answer to your question, I WILL find it for you! I am on here everyday, most all day, so usually my reply is pretty quick.

Not only in it for me, but for my team and for the GDI family
Brenda Sue
 Smiley
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 04:08:27 PM by ChipSnyder » Logged
GSmith

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2005, 02:37:30 AM »

If no one responds, find a new upline.  It's that simple.

You have the absolute right to CHOOSE your upline.  If the people you're working with won't help you.....choose someone else.

Ginger,

Be careful about advising people to CHOOSE another upline if they are not happy where they are.
First of all, it is my understanding that if any one of us should decide to drop out and then attempt to sign back up again, we must first wait FOURTEEN DAYS to do so, and in the process
WE WILL LOSE ALL OF OUR PRIOR DOWNLINE.   I guess if you didn't have ANY downline, then making a move to another Sponsor may be worth the effort; but I sure would not want to lose the downline I have now, simply to move to a new Sponsor.  There are just way too many truly helpful people here on this Forum, who ARE willing to help, rather they are your upline, downline, or no line.

I am blessed because I have two upline people that are very supportive and helpful when they have time to be, and one that knows less than me (which is NOT a good thing at this point). I am training her as we go and loving the opportunity to do so.....my appreciation to her for sending me the GDI movie to look at and sponsoring me in!    We are a team working together right now to support each other as we learn together!
AlanLord

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2005, 10:49:34 AM »

Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2005, 12:46:25 PM »

Hello everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You remember my first post here? I was alone and abandoned in one way. Oh, do you know what? I'm not anymore! But not because my upline on level 1 would contact me - no! My other two uplines are great and I can get help from them when I need it.

And here's sometning even more important to me that I found here, and makes me warm wellcomed member of this family - this forum. Not only that I can get a lot of informations  - I CAN HELP THE OTHERS which is also important to me. Helpong others when I can is a kind of reward for even being here!!!

So thank you all!!!

Tatjana

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
gdi
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2005, 12:48:19 PM »

That is the right spirit and exemplifies the Mission of our .WS Community, worldwide!

Chip
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: