April 25, 2024, 01:06:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: Site builder query  (Read 227486 times)
R Garner

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: August 05, 2008, 02:33:51 PM »

Hi dpro,

I'm really hoping that you can help.

How does the 'page height' function work on the new site builder? Huh

My partner is trying to rebuild the mess that our sites turned into with the introduction of this 

Hope to hear back from you soon

Cheers Robyn
Lance Webb

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 11, 2008, 02:35:06 PM »

Hi dpro.

I am interested in adding audio to my website as well.  would apprciate the free program.

Lance
TerrySchuh

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 07, 2008, 09:31:25 PM »

Can someone please instruct me how to copy codes (such as banner codes) into a website?  I'm kind of new at this thing.
Thanks,
Terry
JudelineM

Judeline

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: September 09, 2008, 07:50:00 AM »

Where is the 404 error page and how do I edit it?   Huh

I want it to re-direct to a different page, not the usual 'URL can't be found' page. I have a splash page I'd prefer to use.

I tried uploading 404.htm. Obviously that didn't work. Didn't expect it to, but I was hoping it was that stupidly simple. No such luck.

I know how to do it in GoDaddy, but haven't even looked at it in GDI, until now.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Judeline
BillRowe

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 10, 2008, 08:43:27 AM »

Hello,

A couple of weeks back I lost my hard drive. Bummer huh? Well I hadn't gotten everything backed up when that happened.

My question is I am using site builder to maintain my web site and had files stored there. I would like to get them back on my hard drive so that I can edit them. How can I download them back to my pc?

Thanks

Bill Rowe
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: September 12, 2008, 11:26:29 AM »

Hello,

A couple of weeks back I lost my hard drive. Bummer huh? Well I hadn't gotten everything backed up when that happened.

My question is I am using site builder to maintain my web site and had files stored there. I would like to get them back on my hard drive so that I can edit them. How can I download them back to my pc?

Thanks

Bill Rowe

Hi Bill,

If you are using the site builder, your files are in the GDI server (your account)
Just login to the site builder page to edit them.

I am not too sure if you can download the files to your hard drive if you are using the sitebuilder.
This only works for the hosting option.
I suppose you can copy and paste the HTML codes from the site builder to edit them in your computer.

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
Vargas_Juan

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 12, 2008, 07:08:37 PM »

hello my name is juan and i was wondering if can i use the web site builder for create a web page of any product or service

thank you very much in advance

juan c
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: September 12, 2008, 08:05:50 PM »

Yes, you can use the sitebuilder to create webpages for any product and services.
However there has seems to be some glitches in the site builder program recently, so you may want to wait until all have been resolved.
Or you could choose the hosting option and use any third party html editor (like frontpage or NVU) to upload your website.

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
CandaceSaunders

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 30, 2008, 02:57:13 PM »

I've built the basics of my site using the site builder.  Now I'm trying to verify my site with google and it says I need to do one of two things.  Either 1) Add a Meta Tag in the specific place they say as follows:

We couldn't find the verification meta tag in the HEAD section of your site's home page. If you see this error, check the following:

That you've placed the meta tag on the correct page. We look for it on your site's home page. This is the page that your server returns when someone requests your site (such as http://www.example.com/). This page is often named index.html or index.htm, but could be named differently, depending on your server's configuration.
That you've placed the meta tag in the correct place on the page. We look for it in the page's HEAD section. An example of correct placement is shown below.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Your Title</TITLE>
<META name="verify-v1" content="String_we_ask_for">
</HEAD>
<BODY>

or 2) I can upload an HTML file the way they say as follows:

To verify your site by uploading an HTML file:

Sign into Google webmaster tools with your Google Account.
Click Verify next to the site you want.
In the Choose verification method list, select Upload an HTML file, and follow the steps on your screen.
Using any text editor, create the file that we ask for and make sure to save it with the exact name we ask for (for example, google11e5844324b7354e.html). The filename is case-sensitive and must have an ".html" extension. The file itself can be empty - we don't read the content of the file, but only check to see that it exists in the specified location. Upload the file to your webserver to the location we specify. Generally, this is the root folder for your site.
Once you have uploaded the file, click Verify button. We will verify that the file exists in the specified location. If we can't access the file, we'll give you information about the error we encountered. Once this problem is resolved, try to verify your site again.

I tried this and got an error message as follows:

We've detected that your server returns a status of 200 (found successfully) for pages that don't exist.

We've detected that your server returns a status of 200 (found successfully) for pages that don't exist. We can't verify sites with this configuration because it would enable anyone to verify ownership of your site. You can try our meta tag verification method or change your server's configuration.

This configuration presents a security risk for site verification and therefore, we can't verify your site. If your web server is configured to return a status of 200 (found) in the header of 404 (not found) pages, and we enabled you to verify your site with this configuration, others would be able to take advantage of this and verify your site as well. To ensure that no one can take advantage of this configuration to view statistics to sites they don't own, we only verify sites that return a status of 404 in the header of 404 pages.

If your server is configured to return something other than a 404 for non-existent pages, try our meta tag verification method or change your server's configuration.

You can change your web server configuration to return a status of 404 in the header of 404 pages and still provide a custom error page (see Apache information and IIS information). Note that we do a HEAD request (and not a GET request) when we check for this. Once your web server is configured correctly, try to verify the site again and we'll recheck your configuration

Please help, I've been at this for a week!!
Candace
BJunvik

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 05, 2008, 10:33:01 AM »

Hi I am using Sitebuilder to make a pretty simple website on my .ws domain. I couldn't find any answers elsewhere in the forum but I think it is pretty basic.

1. Using Sitebuilder, how can I insert raw HTML?

2. Using Sitebuilder, how can I embed video like YouTube videos?

Just starting out so this would really help me and my downline with our pagebuilding and recruiting efforts!!

THANKS
MalachiLythgoe

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 10, 2008, 09:16:43 AM »

So I got my site all set up and I know all the links work. I have a flash menu bar on the side, but only my Home link is appearing and not the rest of the links. In the regular preview from the builder, they all come up. Any idea why they are not coming up online?
JulienC

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 10, 2008, 09:16:43 AM »

Hi, I join Gdi and I trying to do my own site with the sitebuilder.

I have a problem...

I write in french so when I write something like É or À the site transform the letters :

Vidéo=vidéo

I would like to know what I can do.

Thank you
EdgarO

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 12, 2008, 03:13:06 PM »

i know this is weird questions but for me it's a serious. i am new to this program because i want to have my own website although don't have knowledge in web designing but still i am trying my best to set-up my website. i am confuse about how can i reduce the size of my page, page height minus doesn't work for me. how to reduce my page specially the lower margin. hoping somebody will help me.
J Dalton

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 14, 2008, 09:35:09 PM »

Problem with Key Words & Description......After putting my key words/Descr. in and SAVING....I go back and there not there. Should they still be there or not??   Thanks for any Help  Grin

JIM
J Dalton

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 16, 2008, 06:13:43 PM »

Key Word question ? After putting Key Words/ Description .....Saving.....Then going back to key/Desc. Tab.....The words that I typed in are not there. Is this normal or should they still be there to edit ??  Thanks for any help,

JIM
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: