April 19, 2024, 04:36:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109]
  Print  
Author Topic: Central/Western USA  (Read 776279 times)
Stephanie Remers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1620 on: April 18, 2010, 04:20:07 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I new here and I'm from OH. My name is April, I've been surfing around the GDI sites for awhile now. And tonight I decide to sign-up, I say what the heck do I have to loose. I enjoy taking calculated risk and if it's a risk to better myself and family I'm all for it. I just wanted to stop in a let everyone know I'm determined to make it to the "TOP", and I won't stop until I get there. So if anyone has any tips about making GDI a successful business, I'm eager to learn. Hope to hear from you all soon!

Hi April,

I am also in OH, the Cincy area. Welcome to GDI!

Stephanie

If you think you can, you can. If you think
you can't, you're right.  ~Henry Ford
A Gilpatrick

View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: April 29, 2010, 02:43:11 PM »

Having a hard time getting this going. I got in this because it was a no money start up but everyone that I talk to about it seems to think it is a ladder scam or something I have some really good ideas on how to get people to sign up. I have a friend former employer that has a web directory business I was brainstorming on how I could get him involved in this he is in sales thow but the potiental could be unlimited. I have been post ads since yesterday. getting hits but that is it what else is it that I can do that I am not going to have to put cash (that I dont have into) I want to wait to get the DVDs and Business cards till I start making money then I will order this stuff I think that I am going to keep the website no matter what it only 10 a month  Undecided
VParker

Vincent R Parker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1622 on: April 29, 2010, 03:55:56 PM »

Having a hard time getting this going. I got in this because it was a no money start up but everyone that I talk to about it seems to think it is a ladder scam or something I have some really good ideas on how to get people to sign up. I have a friend former employer that has a web directory business I was brainstorming on how I could get him involved in this he is in sales thow but the potiental could be unlimited. I have been post ads since yesterday. getting hits but that is it what else is it that I can do that I am not going to have to put cash (that I dont have into) I want to wait to get the DVDs and Business cards till I start making money then I will order this stuff I think that I am going to keep the website no matter what it only 10 a month  Undecided

Howdy Texas!  Welcome to GDI.  Smiley

Trust me when I say that MOST of the people in GDI have a rough start.  So, don't feel like you're behind the "pack" quite yet.  There IS a learning curve and I know you're new to all of this so, definitely don't let time frustrate you.  Like you say, $10 a month, you can afford to stick it out until you make that winning shot.

Is this a pyramid scheme or a ladder scheme or illegal?  You are going to hear that question a LOT from people who know nothing about multi-level marketing companies.  Here are a few ways you can deal with them.

1) No, it isn't.

2) First, let me ask you a question.  Do you have a boss or manager of some kind that you report to?  Do they make more money than you?  Does that person have a boss?  Does their boss make more money than them?  Most if not all companies operate on a pyramid structure.

A pyramid scheme is a company where people make money from other people, and NOT from offering products or services.  GDI has a product and a service, it's their domains and web hosting services.

3) No, GDI is not a pyramid scheme, it is a multi level marketing company.  You see, companies figured out that it was more productive to allow ANYONE to market their product and pay them a commission, than to pay an advertising firm to market for them.  Word of mouth is a powerful thing.  So, instead of paying another company to market their web hosting and domain services, they pay us a commission to do it for them.

Hope those give you some ideas on how to respond to people asking that question.

One other response for ya.  There IS a learning curve.  But you can GREATLY cut down on that learning curve if you learn how to do marketing better.  Isn't that why you wrote that post?

Aside from a few things, free training often will just lead you in circles and definitely lead you to more stuff to buy.  One bit of free training is the GDI webinars.  Completely free, and you just register once and you're registered for a few months.  They are held every week.

If you want responses to your ads you need to learn COPYWRITING.  It sounds like you are doing OK with your titles because you said you get a few hits.  But, imagine being able to write an ad that NOBODY can keep from opening.

And what would it be like if almost ALL of the people who read your ad at LEAST go to your website?  Sound good to you?  That's why it's important to learn copywriting.  It doesn't just pertain to ads, it works with anything you write.

Hypnotic Writing: How To Persuade and Seduce People With Only Your Words by Joe Vitale is a great book and costs less than $10 at Amazon.

Advertising Headlines That Make You Rich: Create Winning Ads, Web Pages, Sales Letters and More by David Garfinkel is a great one too.

ONE MORE THING!  You already have a website, what about getting it to the top of the search engines for particular keywords?  Take a look at SEO, article marketing and things like that.

I'M LIKE A BULL IN A CHINA SHOP!  SOMEONE STOP ME!  OK, Texas, just one more thing.  Have you ever heard of attraction marketing?  My definition of attraction marketing is this, "Attraction Marketing is the art of ATTRACTING interested people to YOUR MARKET."  In other words, the art of getting people to come to you instead of you chase them.

I learned a lot by studying attraction marketing, you might too.

Well, Tex.  Can I call ya Tex?  Well, Tex, that's all I have for this long post.  Hope it helped.  If you need more, there have been lots of questions asked on the forum.  Cruise around and see if you can pick up some golden nuggets.  Smiley

Vincent R. Parker
MatthewWimmer

View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: May 05, 2010, 04:08:59 PM »

Hey Everyone,

Just joined yesterday and got 25 returned premium leads that I quickly responded to.  Hopefully I can turn them into new members.  Any myspacers out there can friend me at www.myspace.com/tviexpressutah.  I would love to hear from you and blog about business.

Cheers!
S Kvenvold

View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: May 06, 2010, 06:05:19 AM »

hello!! I am also in the Utah mountains!!
are you into just gdi marketing? I am new just getting started and there is a ton of information to take in..I do not have a myspace account yet, however i will keep your link and use when i get one..I would love to blog and chat about business opportunities with you! I have come across some neat tips and sites..
cant wait to hear from you..
best wishes Smiley

Thanks...
"Money is my servant,not my Master!"
PrestonBlarek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1625 on: May 07, 2010, 06:38:56 AM »

This section is specifically for team members of my sales organization to share tips, ideas and experiences

Preston Blarek
Independent Global Affiliate
Tamera May

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1626 on: May 07, 2010, 06:38:56 AM »

hello I'm from sacramento, I'm also new to this.
I hope this is gonna work for me!

Tamera May
AllenA

View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: May 13, 2010, 12:43:30 PM »

Just started GDI about a week ago. Still learning everything about the site but I'm looking forward to a better 2010. I feel that GDI Is the best bet to getting me my lifestyle of choice.. Thank you GDI for this wonderful opportunity and to all members: Have a Great 2010 and make it the best!
Paul Hong

View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: May 13, 2010, 03:04:16 PM »

Hello,

My name is Paul Hong and I am a Systems Manager for a private college in Los Angeles CA.
I had been working here for about 4 years and I love Academia. Its so much better then the business world.

The reason I joined GDI because I thought it was built for me, and I can do everything online.
The control panel is awesome and I love the invite feature. I just joined today and I already invited many people.

I look forward to network with all you good people here and get to know you better.

sincerely,
Paul Hong
Magali L

View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: May 13, 2010, 06:16:58 PM »

Hi AllenA, I'm like you... having trouble building my website and just getting started. I found great help and  have awesome training and support from the upline.  Send me a PM if you have any questions:
Good luck and don't give up, Wink
Mags
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 02:51:53 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
Matthew_Collinson

View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: May 02, 2011, 12:27:54 PM »

Hi all,

My name is Matthew and I live in Beaverton Oregon.  Just saying hi because I am a new member.  I hope all are having fun today.

Matthew
DGS

View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: May 31, 2011, 09:51:27 AM »

Howdy Texas!  Welcome to GDI.  Smiley

Trust me when I say that MOST of the people in GDI have a rough start.  So, don't feel like you're behind the "pack" quite yet.  There IS a learning curve and I know you're new to all of this so, definitely don't let time frustrate you.  Like you say, $10 a month, you can afford to stick it out until you make that winning shot.

Is this a pyramid scheme or a ladder scheme or illegal?  You are going to hear that question a LOT from people who know nothing about multi-level marketing companies.  Here are a few ways you can deal with them.

1) No, it isn't.

2) First, let me ask you a question.  Do you have a boss or manager of some kind that you report to?  Do they make more money than you?  Does that person have a boss?  Does their boss make more money than them?  Most if not all companies operate on a pyramid structure.

A pyramid scheme is a company where people make money from other people, and NOT from offering products or services.  GDI has a product and a service, it's their domains and web hosting services.

3) No, GDI is not a pyramid scheme, it is a multi level marketing company.  You see, companies figured out that it was more productive to allow ANYONE to market their product and pay them a commission, than to pay an advertising firm to market for them.  Word of mouth is a powerful thing.  So, instead of paying another company to market their web hosting and domain services, they pay us a commission to do it for them.

Hope those give you some ideas on how to respond to people asking that question.

One other response for ya.  There IS a learning curve.  But you can GREATLY cut down on that learning curve if you learn how to do marketing better.  Isn't that why you wrote that post?

Aside from a few things, free training often will just lead you in circles and definitely lead you to more stuff to buy.  One bit of free training is the GDI webinars.  Completely free, and you just register once and you're registered for a few months.  They are held every week.

If you want responses to your ads you need to learn COPYWRITING.  It sounds like you are doing OK with your titles because you said you get a few hits.  But, imagine being able to write an ad that NOBODY can keep from opening.

And what would it be like if almost ALL of the people who read your ad at LEAST go to your website?  Sound good to you?  That's why it's important to learn copywriting.  It doesn't just pertain to ads, it works with anything you write.

Hypnotic Writing: How To Persuade and Seduce People With Only Your Words by Joe Vitale is a great book and costs less than $10 at Amazon.

Advertising Headlines That Make You Rich: Create Winning Ads, Web Pages, Sales Letters and More by David Garfinkel is a great one too.

ONE MORE THING!  You already have a website, what about getting it to the top of the search engines for particular keywords?  Take a look at SEO, article marketing and things like that.

I'M LIKE A BULL IN A CHINA SHOP!  SOMEONE STOP ME!  OK, Texas, just one more thing.  Have you ever heard of attraction marketing?  My definition of attraction marketing is this, "Attraction Marketing is the art of ATTRACTING interested people to YOUR MARKET."  In other words, the art of getting people to come to you instead of you chase them.

I learned a lot by studying attraction marketing, you might too.

Well, Tex.  Can I call ya Tex?  Well, Tex, that's all I have for this long post.  Hope it helped.  If you need more, there have been lots of questions asked on the forum.  Cruise around and see if you can pick up some golden nuggets.  Smiley

Hi I'm from South Africa and the people here seem to think this is illegal How can I prove it is not? I saw your post but they will not trust a strangers word. They are afraid they'll be put in jail or something.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109]
  Print  

Jump to: