March 28, 2024, 02:18:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Upload Topics  (Read 68305 times)
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2005, 09:45:13 AM »

Something very odd here a genuine FTP program should produce instant results.
TrishaD

You Can Be a WAHM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2005, 11:15:21 AM »

I haven't had problems with mine.  When I hit refresh on a page that I have just updated, it is usually changed.
 Grin
RachelB

GDI rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2005, 05:59:32 PM »

Could you let me know what the FTP details are like? I have been trying to get GDI to host my site only, but have never received an email with the FTP details. But they should be pretty straightforward such as http://FTP://mywebsite.ws using my username and password, right???

Thanks for your help

Rachel
RachelB

GDI rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2005, 04:55:31 PM »

Hi,

when it comes to uploading pictures to websites, I would strongly recommend using short names with no spaces at all. In fact try to keep the name as simple as possible, while keeping it easy to reference. (So you don't get lost as to what is what). The best is to have single words or at most double words with maybe a number as reference.

When picture names are too long, or have weird characters or spaces in it, builders get lost and can't use them.

Hope this helps

Rachel
Calvin Jackson

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2005, 03:53:22 PM »

I have designed my website with MS Frontpage and I have included a Form Request page. The Form Request page won't work correctly due to the Web Server doesn't seem to support the Frontpage extention.

Does anyone have any suggestion.
Greta_K

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2005, 09:49:24 PM »

I am not a great expert but I also had trouble with yahoo site builder and canceled their plan. I would just use the .ws form it is easier.  then hopefully you might come across an expert to where you could customize your site more. put affiliate links and info.
DarleneHoover

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2005, 07:44:16 PM »

I have been working on my site for about a week and now that I am ready to upload the site to ws hosting I am having a cow!  I am so confused about ftp and need some directions.  Maybe I am just burnt out on trying to figure everything out Cry Cry

Anyway my site is www.dkay.ws and I believe I have it all ready, but now I need to get it uploaded!  Can somebody help me please? Huh
mack88
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2005, 09:18:05 PM »

Hi There!  I visited your site and it is in place already.  It looks as if you created your site using Sitebuilder, so there is no need to use FTP.  I hope that answers your question!

Frank
DarleneHoover

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2005, 11:33:40 AM »

Hello,

I have built my website, but I am not familiar with ftp, but I did copy some info from microsoft about ftp and I am still lost!  Can someone help me on how to do this.  I have already clicked on ws hosting for my site. Cry

Thanks
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2005, 03:32:00 PM »

I would supposse you could switch it to site-builder and since you don't have anything on your site yet it wouldn't mess it up. Smiley
Deborah H
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2005, 11:34:24 PM »

There are many FTP programs available on the web. You will need the software and you will need your host name and after that its a pretty simple process. Two of them are the de facto kind of industry standard. Unfortunately I may not mention their names so if you need the names please email or pm me.
SandraC

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2005, 11:57:54 AM »

Hi, I know this has been answered elsewhere , but not with this problem I am having.
my picture will not upload because of spaces in file name , when I remove them the page refreshes
logging out and back in did not work
going to windows and trying to change file, did not work.

please help

kevan
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2005, 12:02:28 PM »

Hello,

Right click on the picture and go to Properties to change the file name.

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
SandraC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2005, 06:33:54 PM »

Worked a treat. thank you Nicole
regards
kevan
HenryK

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2005, 06:49:30 PM »

Hello,
I am trying to publish my pages that were done in FrontPage to my ms site
but will not publish.
Does ws support FP if so what am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
henryk
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: