April 19, 2024, 01:57:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Upload Topics  (Read 68533 times)
Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2005, 12:05:05 AM »

Well I figured out what was happening. The problem was in the file name. I had pict02.1.jpg but that extra "." was making it download as a binary file not as an image file. Duh!!!!!? So from now on no extra "."  Embarrassed

Thank you for the help.

Yves

Oh, my dear people! This are basics of the computering: no characters like . - / * etc. are allowed in the file names, especially when it comes to uploading something on the Internet. Better not to use spaces, too and for the people in the countries with čžš characters - if you have these in the name of the file, change them to czs ... Also better don't make teksts with these čžš characters if you are posting somewhere worldwide, because not all have the proper version of the operation system to convert them properly (like GDI also) especially when text is HTML version with all designing etc.

Hope I wasn't annoying!

Good luck!

Tatjana

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2005, 12:50:37 AM »

I have to take the spaces out of my URL...  when I do that, nothing happens and the screen just goes back to the way it was before I uploaded my pic... any suggestions?

You can always replace a space in a file name with the following characters %20

so for example Black Guinea Fowl.jpg would become Black%20Guinea%20Fowl.jpg. This should work fine and if you are using a Wysiwig editor will also generate the correct alt tag which should read Black Guinea Fowl!
Tatjana Prelog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2005, 02:32:51 AM »

Thank you, Tatjana. I certainly need the tutorial.

All my best,
Norma  Shocked

Eh, Norma, my Photo Tutorial went to waist as I made it too professional and it's too "havy" now to load it on the net. My God, why I always have to be so "perfect". The tutorial is in PowerPoint 2003 and the link is still in my topic My movie, but I'm strugling to convert all this into much more appropriate format, vieweable for everyone. Thanks anyway!

Tatjana

Angry

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
JNapier

Living by Faith! One day at a time!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2005, 07:25:46 AM »

Tatjana, your willingness to take the time and effort to help others (like me) deserves much gratitude. I certainly send mine!!  You are special indeed!!

All my best,
Norma  Shocked

Living by Faith,
one day at a time!
Tatjana Prelog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2005, 09:13:03 AM »

Tatjana, your willingness to take the time and effort to help others (like me) deserves much gratitude. I certainly send mine!!  You are special indeed!!

All my best,
Norma  Shocked

I don't know. Maybe it's hard to understand my wilness to help all of you, but that's who I am - always here if someone needs me (except when I sleep and I sleep very little - maybe 2 or 3 hours a day). If you would ask the workers of my department in my day job they'd surelly tell you the same.

But about me being special. Well if you see me so, then OK. What I'm trying to be is helpful, that's all!

Thank you very much in deed!

Still, if you're not afraid of the PowerPoint presentations - the Tutorial is still there on this link: http://site-images.ws/images/cust/76614/Phototutorial1.zip

Tatjana

Tatjana
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2005, 10:03:08 AM »

You can replace a space in an image name with %20. For eg My Kids Playpen.gif would be My%20 Kids%20Playpen.gif
Pam W

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2005, 04:12:27 PM »

I keep getting an error code, when adding additional text to my home page. 

I searched this forum, and someone mentioned 'too much data'--need to add another section.

So, how do I do that?  I want the text to continue flowing on my home page--not be on another page.

Thanks in Advance!
JDTutterow

Groovy - Now gimme some sugar, baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2005, 06:23:55 PM »

Hi Pam -

I had the same trouble. The old site builder told you when you
had two many characters in one section on your page (4,000).

The new site builder gives an "error 122" (I think) - it seems to
mean there are too many characters in that section.

The only way I have been able to correct the error is to copy/paste
some of the information into a new section on the same page.

To do this, just click on "Add Content" in the site builder blue control
bar at the top of the page. A new section is added, after you choose what
type of information is to go into it (html, flash, image, etc.). By default, each
new section is added to the bottom of the page.

After you add the new information, you may have to manipulate the spacing
to get the "look" you're after.

Hope this helps -  Smiley

JD

JD Tutterow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
Abraham Lincoln
David Fullmer

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2005, 08:22:50 PM »

Well, it's been 2 weeks since I posted my introduction and I still am trying to figure out how to build my site.  I've been too busy with the J.O.B. (JustOverBroke)

What I've found out is that I have 6 pages on my site.  (Correct me if my conceptions are false).
I went to the Site builder and tried to put together a page of pure text to start with.  I know I don't want that as my home page but I wanted to try something simple.  Ha.  Now I have a page that won't even go back to the origional format. Steve Westfall said something about making a mountain out of this molehill.  What I would like to do is reduce this mountain to a molehill.  I have the feeling that when I get the key, I am going to feel very foolish for making this project so hard.

Can anyone tell me if I am wrong to think that I should be able to copy the source code from another site (not .WS) with the owner's permission and stick it on my site?  I know that some modifications within the source code are necessary.

I am still trying to read all the posts but when I have to be at work at 5:00AM, by the time 10:00 PM comes up I am ready for bed.

I appreciate all the help the folks on the forum give.  It's been my experience that forum people are one special kind of folks.  I have been a member of antique tractor forums for years.

Thanks,
Dave 

SharonLee

My Husband and I enjoying Life Together.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2005, 12:59:43 PM »

Hello,  I understand that on the sitebuilder, single colum you will recieve an "Error122" if there are to many charactors. But, How many Charactors are we allowed?
Also, On the picture upload, I get stuck everytime I try to upload my pictures. Any Advice?
I am new here, But have been interneting a long time. I never had problem uploading my pictures before. But I also see a lot of glinches you have to work out here too. Thanks.
Sharon Lee
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 01:00:02 PM by Nicole Taylor » Logged

We must feel the pain of the thorn before we appreciate the beauty of the rose.
R_Weiss

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2005, 05:48:59 PM »

Hi

When uploading a picture you have to make sure that you have no spaces or _ in the file name.

Hope this helps

Rich

Rich Weiss
JDTutterow

Groovy - Now gimme some sugar, baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2005, 10:40:08 AM »

Hello,  I understand that on the sitebuilder, single colum you will recieve an "Error122" if there are to many charactors. But, How many Charactors are we allowed?

Sharon Lee

Sharon, the max characters per section in the old site builder was 4,000.
I haven't seen any information regarding this in particular with the new version.

A way to test it may be to create a 4,000 character document in Word
(use the "Word Count" feature under the "Tools" tab) and create a new page
in Site Builder with it. Then add a few characters, update it, and see if the "error 122" pops up.
It doesn't matter if it's information for a real webpage - any combination of
characters should suffice. Just delete the page after the test.

Hope this helps -

JD   Cool

JD Tutterow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
Abraham Lincoln
Tatjana Prelog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2005, 05:42:22 AM »

You can always replace a space in a file name with the following characters %20

so for example Black Guinea Fowl.jpg would become Black%20Guinea%20Fowl.jpg. This should work fine and if you are using a Wysiwig editor will also generate the correct alt tag which should read Black Guinea Fowl!

Hello everybody here!

Did you maybe noticed that (at least by audio files) you don't have to pay attention if the file name contains the spaces or not. The site builder adds the additional code %20 automatically!!!

Users who uses čžš characters just have to pay attention not to use those letters as html don't recognize them (recognises them wrong) and link to file doesn't work properly!!!

Have a GREAT day and many success!!!

Tatjana

Smiley

Tatjana
Kris_M

I'm a 25 year old chick. Deal w/ it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2005, 04:05:46 PM »

I'm very familiar with FTP programs, HTML and web publishing on the whole.  Just for now, I quickly (okay, it took a couple hours, but that's HTML for you) typed up an index in notepad and used LeechFTP (free FTP program) to upload it to my site, www.czed.ws

Now, I do not see an update yet, only an "under construction" when I access the main page, and a black page if I type in www.czed.ws/index.html

When I go back into the FTP and view the file that I uploaded, it is correct.  Now, I've used other sites where there is a delay from the time you upload to the time you see it because there is a back-end translation that happens so that the changes take effect.  Is there a similar system in place for this site, which is why the changes do not occur right away?  Also, what is the average time for an update to take place?

From what I've read so far, it could take hours...
AldrinReodique

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2005, 02:19:34 PM »

I tried putting some audio files on my website.  How do I go about this?  I don't see this option on the Site Builder. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: