April 19, 2024, 12:01:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Upload Topics  (Read 68528 times)
HenryK

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2005, 06:49:30 PM »

Hello,
I just wrote some pages in frontpage and am having trouble publishing them to my ws site.

I am in my 7 day trial period.  Does this matter and is fp supported?

What should I be looking for in ways of problems?

Thanks,

henryk
mack88
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2005, 09:54:54 PM »

Fitst and foremost...Welcome Henry to GDI and this magnificent forum!  To answer your question:  You can use FTP during the 7-day trial period.  All of your files must be loaded in your website.ws folder.  Also make sure that your first page is your index.html or index.htm  It normally takes 24-48 hours for the site cycle through DNS. 

Hope this information helps you a little.  I am not an expert, but I do know a little about website development.  FTP is kinda tricky sometimes (especially Frontpage)!

Frank
Clara Sheppard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2005, 07:17:27 PM »

Please advise me what I'm doing incorretly.  I have done two pages for my web site; however I've only published one.
I will publish the other one in the near future.  I still want to do some more work on it.
My question or statement is that the one I created, and published  does not appear.  I keep getting the GDI movie screen. Embarrassed

Please advise me how I can correct this

Thanks!
Clara

Redefining Cheap Ways to Weallth
Amy Derby

i am a work in progress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2005, 08:40:14 PM »

Well, that's a new one on me.  Huh  The only thing I can think of is check to make sure your website is not still on forwarding.  If I remember right, the default is that it forwards to that screen.  But once you publish it, that shouldn't be happnening.  Still, check that...
Very strange.  Undecided

~Amy~

"Imagine Being More Afraid of Freedom Than Slavery." ~Pamela Sneed~
PamelaP

Work LESS, Play MORE, Enjoy LIFE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2005, 07:47:47 PM »

I did the ftp yesterday(frontapage) and it took several hours for it to upload, but on a happy note, I added a pic I had forgotten and it was there in an instant.
Make sure you have a good ftp program, username and password and GDI server setting and you are there. Let us know if it worked for ya Henry...

P.

"The future depends entirely on what each of us does every day."--Gloria Steinem
ChrisAdamson

Show me the Smurfs!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2005, 08:12:05 AM »

go to forwarding , then change the forwarding address to your site name. i think that might solve your problem. I think thats what i did when i was building my site!
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2005, 10:07:27 PM »

I am not a Frontpage user but as far as I remember it has a built in FTP facility.
DPerry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2005, 07:36:51 AM »

I need someone to talk to me about uploading images to the site builder. I went through all the steps to upload my personal photos & when I went to insert them into the site the list to choose from was EMPTY, yet the photos were in the gallery?Huh
Any suggestions??? Makes it kinda hard to sell my photos if I can't display them.
Thanks, Danielle P
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 07:38:40 AM by Nicole Taylor » Logged
Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2005, 09:07:10 AM »

I need someone to talk to me about uploading images to the site builder. I went through all the steps to upload my personal photos & when I went to insert them into the site the list to choose from was EMPTY, yet the photos were in the gallery?Huh
Any suggestions??? Makes it kinda hard to sell my photos if I can't display them.
Thanks, Danielle P

DPerry!

Tatjana here! Be on Yahoo messenger today 14.08.2005 at app 10 pm European time (Slovenia). You can send me the instant message. I'll send you one that you'll be able to find me!  I'll help you!

For all the others: I'm preparing a kind of photo tutorial for helping you. It will be in PowerPoint 2003 so be sure to download PowerPoint Viewer 2003 to be able to see it properly.

The link for free downloading PowerPoint Viewer 2003 is: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=428d5727-43ab-4f24-90b7-a94784af71a4&displaylang=en

Many greetings to all!

Tatjana

Smiley Smiley Smiley

« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 10:12:21 AM by Tatjana Prelog » Logged

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
JNapier

Living by Faith! One day at a time!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2005, 10:26:03 AM »

Thank you, Tatjana. I certainly need the tutorial.

All my best,
Norma  Shocked

Living by Faith,
one day at a time!
JanetteS

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2005, 09:42:59 AM »

Hi,

I have made several attempts to get help, but so far my post haven't even shown up in the forum.  Sooooooo....going to give it one more shot.

My problem is I purchased a website from GDI, but it has never worked and I can't seem to get any replies from support.

My problem is when I attempt to upload my files with ftp or FrontPage, I keep getting the message "Could not find a web server (my host address number is shown here) on Port 21.  Therefore, not being able to upload my files anymore.....I could at first.

Then there are times that when I try to view my site, I either get a page that says "Under Construction" OR "Page Cannot be found".

I have sent multiple emails to support for the past 3 or 4 days, but as of right now, no replies.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or suggestions?

Thanks.

Janette

Janette Stewart
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2005, 09:50:23 AM »

Hi,
Try calling support with this problem. Doing that will help you with your site building problem faster and in person. Smiley
The number is: 1-760-602-3000
Hope this helps!
Deborah H Cheesy
Michael T

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2005, 11:55:01 AM »

Michael T. Here,
   Okay, I've uploaded my html files, now I need to get in there and edit them..actually I sent them as a .ZIP file so they propably aren't going to work until I unzip them.  I don't see any instructions in the domain area.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Mike T

Mike T.
mack88
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2005, 12:04:32 PM »

Michael!

Questions:   You uploaded your files to where?  Website Builder or FTP server?

Either way, if you uploaded them as a zip file, this is what you created without possibly knowing so:  http://www.yourname.ws/filename.zip That is what happens when you upload a file like that.  You need to create and upload each file/page individually if you are using the SiteBuilder.  I have not seen the updated version of Sitebuilder, in other words,  I am not well rehearsed on the new version.  But it should all work the same. 

Now with all of that being said...I could be wrong!  Hopefully I have helped you some!

Frank

Michael T

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2005, 01:21:51 PM »

Frank,
 I'm using the FTP server I Think--Server name was website.ws with address
216.35.188.14.   I thought the sitebuilder was strictly templates..Am I wrong?
I did Re-Upload the files individually but still getting the UNDER CONSTRUCTION.
Guess I'll wait that 24 Hours.
Thanks for input,
Mike T.

Mike T.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: