March 28, 2024, 03:06:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What kinds of people are you targeting the most and getting the most sign-ups on?
Stay At Home Parents
Network Marketers
Friends
Relatives
People w/ Hosting Needs
Businesses
Other - Please specify in a post

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Targeting YOUR GDI Sign-Ups  (Read 130570 times)
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2005, 02:20:51 AM »

Kyra Asked:
I know I keep comming up with ideas, but doing this with my kids around me all the time... maybe I should use them to work for me? 2&4 years old... any ideas?

One: Make some T-Shirts for them with some kind of GDI info on them and as you go around with them doing your thing they will be seen and when someone comments about them strike up a short conversation with them and give them a business card. I can think of many things to have on the T-shirts.  Smiley
I am better with dobermanns than kids. Thinking of making a velcro GDI add for mine and having him wear his service tracking dog jacket with a GDI promo slapped on both sides of him.  Grin
Deborah H
Kyra Tuey

Don't just be in it for now, be in it for LIFE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2005, 07:03:57 AM »

Deborah,

That's a very creative idea! I may take you up on that!  Wink

~Kyra

Thanks,
Kyra
T Sutton

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2005, 08:33:11 AM »

Smiley  I designed my own business cards which I felt would appeal to ALL people. - They are really eye catching and contemporary looking.  I not only adveritse on the web targeting other web promoters, but I advertise offline as well. I think you have to spend time both online and offline each day to make an impact. Public places are great for business cards, we stick them everywhere.  I also leave several cards every time I leave a tip in a restaurant.  I include several cards in the envelope when I pay a bill.  (I'm sure the people on the other end would like some extra income.) If you rent DVD's, put business cards in each DVD before you return it.  Every time I buy gas, I leave a business card at the pump. When I make a deposit, I leave a few cards at the ATM.  If you do a lot of business with your dry cleaner, ask if you can leave your cards by the register. - It's a fair trade.  Just be creative!  I have over 10 websites and this is what has worked for me. I am ALWAYS glad to hear other people's ideas.  When it comes to advertising or marketing, you should never stop learning.  Last but not least, if you speak with any salesperson either in person or on the phone, make them aware of the opportunity.  That profession is always seeking more income, not matter how much they make.  When a telemarketer calls me, I turn it around and ask them WHY they are working for someone else when they could do what I do?
LoganWandell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2005, 08:50:26 PM »

I do this as well. I've mostly been doing off line promotion. The kids at the fast food joints seem like good prospects... I leave one with the person who takes the money at the drive thru and one to the person who actually gives my order to me. I just ask them if they don't mind if I teach them to earn an extra income...then I direct them to the number on the card and whether they're interested or not, I would appreciate an email if they have any questions. I also mention I will be helping them all the way.

I like this! It's been helping me actually talk to more people, than I would normally.

sounds like good therapy to me? what do you think?

Good job everyone! I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Here's another tip... download the training manuel for GDI Success! Then you can join the Success Club With Bram Smith and the other big dogs!

I WILL HELP YOU, GROW YOUR BUSINESS!

-Logan Wandell
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 08:50:58 PM by Nicole Taylor » Logged

Here's somthing to think about:
"Only when you speak, can someone listen to your message" Word Of Mouth: It's the Secret to Network Marketing!

"The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse gets the cheese!"
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2005, 12:36:51 PM »

Hi if you have had a downline member for a while , i reccommend NOT to contact the person, I had a downline member for 3 months and i sent him a really positive friendly email asking how his business was going and if he needed any help to get some sign ups , and he immediatley quit the business the next day, I also sent a similar email to one of my other downlines and i have had no response. My advice is to NOT contact them. I have never been contacted by an upline and I must admit im really enjoying the business, so its not worth it.  Cheesy

It's important to communicate with your team, Ian. Some may not respond to you like you'd want and will even quit the business. However, there will be members on your team that will need your guidance and support. You have to to be the teacher for your team, so that they'll learn and in return, teach their team.

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
Kyra Tuey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2005, 07:01:44 PM »

I strongly agree with Nicole!

It's really important to have good communication with your team. There will ALWAYS be people who don't want to hear from you....but guess what? They have the option to opt-out of upline emails. Which is why it's a good reason to use your back-office to send out emails to your downline...just in case. But there WILL ALWAYS be others who want or need your help...and you have to make sure that they know that you are there for them....and remind them...because they may not need help right away.

So...I would always recommend to contact your team....they are YOUR TEAM. By helping them....they help you!  Wink

Kyra

Thanks,
Kyra
LoganWandell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2005, 07:24:33 PM »

Here are some thoughts that may be of good use in this business and helping others on your TEAM.

"Together Everyone Achieves More"

You cannot be a good teacher... unless you are willing to be taught!

Once the student, and now I am the Master!
- Darth Vader : Star Wars Episode 4

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail"

Your children (downline), learn from their parents (upline) in what they say and do (marketing, support, training, & instruction).

I hope this helps, being a stay at home dad, it's hard to NOT like anything to being a parent! Roll Eyes

Thank all of you for your support and encouragement! Stay strong, and don't give up...patients is a virtue we must all develope in one way or another  Cheesy

Your Friend.

Logan

ps: make sure you download the GDI Training Manuel!!!
 (Deb... please include the url for those who don't have it, I lost it...but it's been downloaded Wink Thanks!)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 07:25:02 PM by Nicole Taylor » Logged

Here's somthing to think about:
"Only when you speak, can someone listen to your message" Word Of Mouth: It's the Secret to Network Marketing!

"The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse gets the cheese!"
Diane Ewert

It's Just Me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2005, 09:28:56 AM »

I agree that you need to keep in touch with your downline.  They may not need your help at first but down the line they might.  I wish my upline would have kept in touch with me more.  I am new to on lline marketing and the internet as a whole so I need a lot of help.  I recived most of my help by reading this form (found out about it late).

To build this business does take patience.  I have been working hard for about 2 months and just signed up my first trial.  But I am not going to quit.  I really am gratefull for all the tips on marketing that I found in the form.  Thanks to every one.

Diane
JNapier

Living by Faith! One day at a time!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2005, 09:57:41 AM »

Diane, congratulations on your first sign up.  You are just one of many examples that patience does pay off.

Wishing you much success!!
All my best,
Norma  Shocked

Living by Faith,
one day at a time!
Kyra Tuey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2005, 01:25:39 PM »

Patience REALLY IS a virtue!

If you believe in yourself and in your business....you will go far!

Just remember that & don't EVER give up!  Wink

Kyra

Thanks,
Kyra
Werner_K

Sailor Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2005, 12:59:03 PM »

Ahoy there;

'getting new ideas here.

I do  Barber-Beautyshops, include "FERRARI" business cards when paying 'phone bills etc.,
Cleaning establishments, Marina offices, ( I live on a Boat ) pass out cards when meeting people
at 'CHEERS".
You'll undoubtedly come up with more!
Best wishes to all!
Wernerk

Werner H Kindor
Thomas Leighton

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2005, 08:05:09 PM »

Hi Gang,

I am a newbie. . . newbie. . . newbie!!  GDI has been around for awhile and I really
do not know how I missed it.  I saw the opportunity many times, however it really
never impressed me that much. . . . . until now.  You guys are awsome with your
comments, suggestions, etc.  To say the very least. . . I am truly impressed and
grateful for this opportunity.  This is my first post and I look forward to doing this
many more times.  I did not take the time to sit down and think about what
I wanted to say. . . . just let it come out this way!

You know, not to get off the subject of GDI, but I had a very rough time back
in December of 2002 with an infectious disease that almost cost me my life.
I am 69 and have been retired from the DuPont Company, Deep Water,
New Jersey, since October of 1993.  I really look forward to a long and
prosperous time with GDI!!  Hope some of the mistakes that I have made
in the past week will not hinder me in this business.

Thanks for reading my note.  Hope to have some input as time goes by
in this business.

Best Wishes,

Tom Leighton  (wanted to put a smiliey here, but don't know how)?!
ColleenT

My reasons for staying home are obvious!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2005, 10:25:46 AM »

Hi Kyra,

My name is Colleen and I signed up about 2 weeks ago. I target whoever I can. One of the idea's that I came up with was to start asking parents if they had set up a college fund for their children yet. How about starting a website for them now and put all of the money made into a RESP or some other account that will grow with them. Not only will they have money for the future, but they will learn how to run a business and be responsible as well.  What do you think? Huh Huh Huh

ColleenT

The secret of success in life: Prepare for opportunity when it comes.(Benjamin Disraeli)

Greatest "shot in the arm":...Encouragement
Two most power-filled words:...."I Can"
Most contagious spirit:...Enthusiasm
JNapier

Living by Faith! One day at a time!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2005, 07:58:05 PM »

Colleen, I love your idea! You are right, this could certainly help parents save for their sons/daughters to have a college education.  It could also help grandparents who wish to contribute to their grandchildren's future.

Thank you for sharing this tip with the rest of us!
Wishing you much success!
All my best,
Norma  Shocked

Living by Faith,
one day at a time!
ColleenT

My reasons for staying home are obvious!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2005, 03:01:09 AM »

Thanks Norma!

Saw your flyer....awesome! I've got some really good pictures of my sons that I could use too.

Just wanted to let you know what I did tonight. There was a registration round-up for all the local groups (boy scouts, karate, skating etc...) , so I made up a bunch of flyers and went down to get some info. As I walked around, I gave my flyers out to certain people and organizations that I thought might be interested. I'll let you know how it turns out!

ColleenT Roll Eyes

The secret of success in life: Prepare for opportunity when it comes.(Benjamin Disraeli)

Greatest "shot in the arm":...Encouragement
Two most power-filled words:...."I Can"
Most contagious spirit:...Enthusiasm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: