March 28, 2024, 04:18:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Website Advice Corner!  (Read 70596 times)
Jim_D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2008, 05:32:10 PM »

Hi Susie,

The uses of our WS Website/s are limited only by our imagination.

What are your hobbies, and or general interest? Do you write stories, poetry etc...
Do you have an interest in Art or photography. I could go on and on with a huge
list of things to do with a Website, but I am sure by now you are getting an idea
of where I am heading with this.

Blogs are a very popular item these days, and you can create a blog on your Website
Fundyman
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 05:33:01 PM by Frank_M » Logged
BradK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2008, 10:14:53 AM »

I read a fantastic article once. It was about using color or not in the background. The statistics were awful when it came to staying on a website for very long if the background was color. The writer is very well respected and said if you use text in an Arial and Times New Roman in black with a white background your chances of gaining new customers was increased tenfold. I use that advice and I made $800 so far this week and it is only Tuesday!

Brad Kamanski   Roll Eyes Smiley Cool 

I Would Rather Be HATED For Who I Am Than LOVED For Who I Am Not!
Cherie Demicz

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2008, 06:40:26 AM »

Hi, I have a Domain and Website with GDI,I am a complete Newbie and Have not got a Clue of how to build my Website,I have some Affiliate Links which I would like to Advertise but cannot do this until my Website is up and running,If there is anybody out there to get me on the right Track I will be eternally grateful ...Regards
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 06:42:29 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
RSagen

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2009, 10:57:09 PM »

to easily create a website I use Visual Basic Studio. most of all the features work on the server. What I mean by this is, they don't allow you to use databases. However, the mini 'apps' built in Visual Basic still work for me.
RSagen

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2009, 10:57:09 PM »

Hi, I have a Domain and Website with GDI,I am a complete Newbie and Have not got a Clue of how to build my Website,I have some Affiliate Links which I would like to Advertise but cannot do this until my Website is up and running,If there is anybody out there to get me on the right Track I will be eternally grateful ...Regards

what you should do if your a newbie with html is to stay on GDI's online web developer. Once you master that, you can move onto a html program like what I use (Visual Basic). It will take a few weeks to get used to, however it is used to it.

ps: microsoft has enough resources for Visual Basic online it would be easy to master the program.
TamraMorris

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2009, 03:13:00 AM »

i wanted to know how to right an easy classified ad? any ideas?
M_Bautista

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2009, 02:29:37 PM »

Here are a few ideas that are missing:

An online resume for prospective employers.

A place to share a favorite hobby or special interest with others

An online listing of your OWN favorite web sites so you have bookmarks
of your favorite sites whereever you may log-on to the Internet.

A place to create a family newsletter.

A place to post a family calendar so anyone in your family can log-in
and see who is doing what when and add their own schedule.

A place to post your artwork or writing.

A place to refer your friends and family to your own movie reviews,
restaurant reviews, gift ideas.

If you have an online business that requires downline building,
you can take the lead and create a web site to support your growing team.

A place to host a virtual garage sale!

The uses for a web site are endless and limited only by your own imagination.

Very helpful suggestions. Thanks a lot!
AllanJ

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2009, 11:24:07 PM »

Website can Be For anything

But what it really is, is Your Own Business!!

this is something You Own and no one can take it away from you.

You own it. Numerous ways to Monetize (income generating) it

Allan Jardin
ElisaT

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2009, 03:30:53 PM »

Hi Julie,

I'm new to the Forum (Hi Everyone!) and not too far into GDI, so very little to offer. But, I've been reading re: black backgrounds and text size. Someone already talked about the visual impairment re: color blindness, but another thing you might consider is folks with vision loss from Macular Degeneration (LOTS of us over-50's have this problem).

I don't know about others, but a light colored text on a dark, or even brightly colored (red, bright blue) background is near to impossible to read, unless the text is huge. Also causes severe headaches trying to read them. Plus, many younger people tend to make text size way to small (your text size is great!).

Anyway, just my $0.2
Good luck!
ElisaT
VanessaMacias

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2009, 11:30:52 PM »

Hello..I am trying to buid my site but have no idea what my URL is...any help?
Bret_A

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2010, 03:00:57 AM »

First off Hello and my name is Bret.  I am using dreamweaver and fireworks cs4 and cannot get my site to come up .I went into remote and entered the ftp and user/pass and nothing Huh?? Can anyone help and thank you. 
CarmelitaCooke

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2010, 06:01:24 AM »

i just wanted to showcase my website and to introduce myself. i am Carmelita Cooke and i live in Cave Junction OR. i hope this company is for real and that i am able to make money on it.
T Johns

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2010, 03:21:05 PM »

Hi-I thought my website was pretty cool-no unfounded promises, no venturing into areas  am not sure of, no hype-but according to an IT tech who does websites (maybe I should have checked him out further-he is a friend, and offered his critique, but he had zilch response on his websites)-it is a good one. You can see my website(s)  and each business inside also has their own website and URL. Any suggestions? I can't promote myself as a money making guru-after all, I need to make some money 1st!!!-but the people at greatestshoppingmall.com liked the name, and couldn't believe the URL name hadn't already been taken. I need to bring traffic and hits-zilch on the ws website as of this date. Huh
Gordon Milton

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2010, 10:34:20 AM »

First off Hello and my name is Bret.  I am using dreamweaver and fireworks cs4 and cannot get my site to come up .I went into remote and entered the ftp and user/pass and nothing Huh?? Can anyone help and thank you. 

Have you set your GDI domain setting to hosting and have you uploaded your web page as index.html.
Just a couple of thoughts.

Cheers,

Gordon
TimDuin

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2010, 12:21:23 PM »

I just set up this website today

Werk-thuis.ws

What do you think about the template, and what can i aprove?

Tim
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: