May 01, 2024, 01:49:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Marketing Methods/Ideas  (Read 157807 times)
Kyra Tuey

Don't just be in it for now, be in it for LIFE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2005, 11:20:58 AM »

Hey Susie....

How has this worked out for you? Did you get a good response rate to the people you've text message the opportunity to?

~Kyra

Thanks,
Kyra
Dennis F

Get outa yer comfort zone and use the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2005, 10:46:08 PM »

There are lots of sites on the net. today that offer advertising your site for a small small fee. I personally do not know how these companies rate. Does anyone else know, if you do share your insight with us. I wouldn't want people wasting good money.  This is what I do know about some of them, they are automated systems that throws a generic "yoursight" out into multiple search engines, blogs, email, and other veniews.   
  This concerns me for getting our GDI sites good sources of traffic and a good reputation.(not spam-like)
  So to submit our sites manually seems to get better ranking if done right and better sources of traffic.....see search engines by Nicole Taylor in this section

So for better traffic I ask "paid services or do-it yourself" what is your opinions I ask, we all learn from outside the box....Dennis

The grass is only greener on the other side of the fence because you put the fence there...pssst... take it down.
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2005, 11:07:13 PM »

Be very careful about paid services especially the ones that say submit your site to 2million engines for $29.99. You can bet this is an automted system and prepare yourself for the spam deluge! If you have the time do it by hand.
Kyra Tuey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2005, 08:37:49 AM »

I would say, do-it-yourself.
If you do it yourself, your likely-hood of having more prospects is FAR BETTER than with any *guaranteed traffic* site. Personally....don't waste your money with those programs. & definitely don't get yourself into any SPAM conflicts. Not only are there fines involved with spamming, but you could also lose your affiliate status with GDI.

~Kyra

Thanks,
Kyra
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2005, 10:56:51 AM »

Hi Dennis,

If you have the extra money to have your Website submitted to thousands and thousands of search engines, directories and link pages, then it wouldn't hurt. I know of a good and legit Website that will do this. You may contact me for the URL.

There's also many sites that offer free Website submissions. Instead of submitting your URL manually to each search engine; there's Websites that will submit to all of the top search engines and for free.

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
Susie Blackman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2005, 05:22:04 PM »

Yes it has stirred up interest,I have got a reply to every text message which has only been 7 so far that I have text. (1) thanks I'll look later-I responded whats your email so I can follow up in a couple of days (2) l'm not well - Sorry to hear that whats your email so I can keep in touch. (3) What are you into now - Me Have you looked yet okay why not tell me honestly-okay whats your email we have a guestion and answer forum and a lot of the information is on there.You can access this as well once you are a member it's a lot easier you can browse in your own time.Okay he said send it to me (4) no not me matey - I respond-your own website,24hr question and answer forum,7day free trial,online training, multiple streams of income,still not you.Well he said how much $2.50 a week or $10 per month,get back to me he said,okay 2days whats your email address.And it goes on Kyra I have learnt a lot coming on the forum and Stacey Perez's I salute you thankyou Susie.       
Susie Blackman

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2005, 05:24:34 PM »

If you don't have someone's email address "TEXT" them on their mobile phone. These days, the mobile phone is an extra limb most people carry around.   My message I've sent - Hi check out "My Amazing Home Business"  put in your website.You can do it too.
Keep in touch. Cheers Susie.     Someone else might want to add another liner idea this has worked for me...We call it modern technology.

I've also said don't forget to pass the website on  as quickly as possible so you don't lose your position or web domain.
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2005, 07:02:22 AM »

Hi,
I am getting ready to place ads in newspapers and free shoppers and later in the College newspaper when school starts back up. I need some short catchy ad ideas. Especially if someone has done this and had a great result with a particular ad.
Care to share your ideas and ads that have worked for you? This is a combination area. Very very rural along side a big university town. The University of Florida-ya know-the GATORS... Cool
So we have the very poor and the well off as a mix here. I don't think the very poor could afford to promote a business like this. But I could be wrong on that. Also there are many ads for work at home things here all the time. So it has to be different and catchy..
Thanks,
Deborah H  Smiley
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2005, 08:41:35 AM »

Has no one ever placed ads in papers and shoppers yet? There's got to be some great ideas for ads amoung this huge group of members. Fess up! Share what worked for you. Share if it didn't work too. Maybe ads in papers is a bad idea. Heck I don't know. I'm new at this too! I just want to try anything and everything-especially things that won't cost a lot to do!! Grin
Thanks Guys,
Deborah H
MichaelR

Success is not a goal, it's a state of mind

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2005, 12:01:10 PM »

I signed up about a week ago and here is my situation.  I'm at home with my three small kids and have no job and no money.  I sacrificed to join the business.  I've managed to get one downline through my warm market, but my warm market has been depleted and I'm running out of ideas from home.  Recently I've been talking to people in chat rooms and althought people have viewed the presentation, nothing has happened yet.  I'm gonna make some flyers to go out during the weekend while my wife is home with the kids.  I truly believe in this business and want to end August on a good foot, is there anything else that I can do at home without using money?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 04:23:37 PM by Nicole Taylor » Logged

Michael Robillard
Millionaire in the Making
Kyra Tuey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2005, 12:48:58 PM »

Michael,

There are TONS of things that you can do without using money. Word-of-mouth is a great solution. You can also print up some drop-cards on your computer & place them EVERYWHERE. Just make sure that you are doing all you can do to advertise. Talk to people in stores about it, get friendly with the waitresses at restaurants. Tell your bagger's who bag your groceries. Whatever it takes. There's lots of ideas here in the forums that won't cost you anything, but maybe some paper and ink out of your printer. Check out some of the marketing ideas in the Marketing Section of these forums. The key is to just get the word out.

Good luck in your business and keep us all updated!

~Kyra

Thanks,
Kyra
Roxanne G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2005, 01:46:50 PM »

Another idea - go to www.yahoo.com and click on groups.  Search the groups for work at home message boards that will allow advertising posts.  Post DAILY on these boards.  Before you start this, set up one of your .ws email addresses to use only for this as you will get lots of spam and lots of messages from other members of the board. 

Also, if you play yahoo games, msn games or pogo games etc... set up your profile to direct people to your movie.  I have used this "tactic" for quite a while in a couple of my online businesses and it works.  When you are playing, people check your profile and check out your website or ask about it.  My profile says that I am a work at home mom etc...

Have a great day, after all, today is the first day of the rest of your life!!

Roxanne
mack88
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2005, 03:30:37 PM »

GDI has designed a flyer in which you can input your own information, then print out. You can reduce it and printed two on each sheet of paper (an easier size for people to handle, and less expensive to print).  Check out the site at:   http://website.ws/home/flyer

Also go to http://website.ws/home/wealthguide and download the training manual.   There are a host of ideas listed. 

I wish you all the best!

Frank
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 12:03:24 PM by Mike N » Logged
Angela M

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2005, 03:42:00 PM »

Michael,

I agree with Kyra.  Lots you can do without spending.  So far, I have had the best luck with word of mouth.  (I'm new too.) I am also at home with three small kids and no money to spare!  Take the kids to the park.  Start chatting with anyone you meet there.  Tell them about it.  Chances are, other stay at home parenrs are going to be interested.  This has been my biggest success group so far. (It's a small group... since I just started but I expect it to get bigger!!)  As Kyra said, talk to everyone.  I told my hairdresser about it yesterday.  She was totally interested and wanted a card for her brother as well.  Also thought her husband would be into it.  They haven't watched the movie yet, but that was just yesterday and sounded promising.  "Drop" cards everywhere.  I just posted in another thread about the flyers I put in mailboxes around our block.
It is in this thread: http://talk.ws/index.php?topic=209.0   But might not be up for a while because I'm still under "post moderation".  Good luck!

Angela
StefaniPartin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2005, 12:23:56 PM »

Wondering if anyone out there is using newspaper classifieds to generate
new prospects? If so, are you having success?

Stefani

Mommy Enterprises
Helping Moms Make & Save At Home
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: