April 27, 2024, 03:52:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Marketing Methods/Ideas  (Read 157629 times)
GoreJones

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2005, 05:27:54 AM »

Hi everyone,

Let be aliitle creative in what we are trying to accomplish. Yes we sale domain names, but how can we communicate to small business that what we have will benefit their business?

I recently made an agreement with a gentleman to sell a whole website package  for $10, which will allow him to stay open 24hrs a days. I agreed to go and do the initial set up for him. He agreed. How many more store like his can I set up?

Also if you spend alot of time online in chat rooms show people you personal page.

jones
Gina Stone

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2005, 02:19:12 AM »

Hi Shawn,

I had a zero response rate with 150 GDI flyers. I had a 5% response on 75 of of the sales letters that I created. 

Frank's letter is great. I may use his as well.

One thing I believe is that folks don't want to read too much. Just the facts.  I'm going to make my next one short, sweet & enticing and see what happens with that.

Take care.

Gina Stone
BrianPerrone

Happy Emailing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2005, 02:29:46 AM »

To all of you that are going to try and sell domains to businesses, it is a good idea to find a local PROFESSIONAL website designer and work out a commission deal with them. I own a restaurant, and know that the built in site builder is great to get an immediate informational site up and running, but most businesses may want to get more advanced features like an autorespose system, custom order taking etc, and ongoing maintainance  This way you can offer a true package deal!

These sites can run into the 1000's of dollars...I have a client that wants a professional site for his business. He signed up personally and is going to sign up the business under him(smart guy). He is just waiting for his business site to be designed. A $3000 site means I am cashing in on 300 bucks for a 10% referral fee!

BE CREATIVE...network marketing does not mean that you ONLY promote your core business. There is alot of money to be made with complimentary products and services. Online marketing consulting, site design, etc.

Just a thought!

GOOD LUCK!

Brian Perrone

P.S. I am writing a network marketing book with lots of good ideas, training, etc,  which incorporates a GDI sales pitch! I need to run it by corporate when I am done, but keep your eye out for my posts as I am sure they will let me use it.

Brian Perrone

"Get what you want by helping others get what they want!" author Unknown
Hasnaa Zinoune

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2005, 02:41:40 AM »

I came across this and wanted to share it with you:

"Numerous studies have been made of small business managers over the years. Many look at traits and characteristics that appear common to most people who start their own businesses. Other studies focus on characteristics that seem to appear frequently in successful owner-managers.

First, consider those characteristics that seem to distinguish the person who opens a business from the person who works for someone else. These studies investigated successful and unsuccessful owners, some of whom went bankrupt several times. Some were successful only after the second or third try. The characteristics they share might almost be said to predispose a person into trying to start a business. Of course, not all of these characteristics appear in every small business owner-manager, but the following seem to be most predominate.

People who start their own business may be members of different political parties, feel differently about religion, economics and other issues. They are like everyone else. The difference is they usually feel and express themselves more strongly. This is consistent. If you are going to risk your money and time in your own business you must have a strong feeling that you will be successful.

These strong feelings may also cause problems. If you want to start your own business you probably have mixed feelings about authority. You know the manager must have authority to get things done, but you're not comfortable working under someone. This may also have been your attitude in a scholastic, family or other authority structure.

If you want to open your own business you are likely to have a strong "Need for Achievement". This "Need for Achievement" is a psychologist's term for motivation and is usually measured by tests. It can be an important factor in success. The person who wouldn't think of starting a business, might call you a plunger, a gambler, a high risk taker. Yet you probably don't feel that about yourself.

Studies have shown that very often the small business owner doesn't differ from anyone else in risk avoidance or aversion when measured on tests. At first thought this seems unreasonable since logic tells us that it is risky to open your own business. A management expert once explained this apparent contradiction very simply. "When a person starts and manages his own business he doesn't see risks; he sees only factors that he can control to his advantage." If you possess these traits to some degree or other it doesn't mean you will be successful, only that you will very likely start your own business. Some of these characteristics in excess may actually hamper you if you are not careful.

The characteristics that appear most frequently among "successful" small business managers include drive, thinking ability, competence in human relations, communications skills and technical knowledge.

Drive, as defined in the study, is composed of responsibility, vigor, initiative, persistence and health.

Thinking ability consists of original, creative, critical, and analytical thinking.

Competency in human relations means emotional stability, sociability, good personal relations, consideration, cheerfulness, cooperation. and tactfulness.

Communications skills include verbal comprehension, and oral and written communications.

Technical knowledge is the manager's comprehension of the physical process of producing goods or services, and the ability to use the information purposefully.

Motivation or drive has long been considered as having an important effect on performance. Psychologists now claim you can increase the motivation and the personal capacities that will improve your effectiveness and increase your chances for success. Much of the development of such achievement motivation depends on setting the right kind of goals for yourself."

« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 02:42:31 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
BSteele

Rascal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2005, 05:37:53 AM »

Hi,

I'm an international workshop leader and founder of two internet projects to enable people to grow totally free in real Love and to share their good with the poorest people of the world.. The third one, about to be launched, is about uniting spiritual and financial freedom. GDI is the key. I also have books and workbooks on this subject. I'm not advertising them, just letting you know I'm coming from a place of experience.

Do you realize what has happened? This is a new time. We are in it. The world will catch up one day, but the Universe has opened new doors for everyone who wants to be totally free. GDI is in complete harmony with Powerful Principles of Life. We are being moved from self-centered competition to the great Law of Life which is real Love. We attain to our dreams by helping others attain their dreams. Please realize the gift you have been given with this simple, solid limitless buisness and personal growth opportunity.

Here are some keys. Try them.

Realize completely what you have and let the thankfulness and realization soak into your bones. Study every aspect of the GDI presentation and your Account Control Panel. Let yourself be fully convinced how solid and real this is. Admire the oraganization and service, all the little details they have thought of to help you succeed. Thankfulnees is happiness. Don't wait to be happy. Release it.

Now write down your dreams. What are they? Do you really know? Get clear. Tap into your real power that comes from your deepest heart. Dreams can be a door.

Now write down your values that feed these dreams. You don't just want a new car. What does it represent to you? What does it "feel like" to have the "car of your dreams?" You may realize you are being called inwardly to go deeper, that your dreams are too shallow. Everyone knows but pretends they don't know that money does not buy happiness. Happiness is thankfulness, Love, and feeling you are living a meaningful life for the world. Go deeper. You can have the car and houses, but don't stop there. If you had all the money you could ever want (and you can), what could you do to make the world a happier more beauty-filled place? How much human suffering could you help relieve. Start expanding beyond small dreams birthed by anxieties into the huge, meaningful dreams of real Love. Those come from your deepest self and freedom is living wide open to this essence of you that is already free.

Sing your dreams. Write them down. Dance them. Really. Get up and do it now! This is not about money. It is about your total freedom. Money is a tool for transforming energy. Dreams that express your deepest values are what move you and everyone else.

Tap into people's dreams. Ask all your down line to write them down and share them with each other. Form support groups of 4 to 8 people. With internet you can all communicate freely. Care for your people. People want more than a business, they want quality of life and to love and be loved.

Go deeper. Tremendous positive energy will start to be released.

Now focus that energy. Make attainable business goals. Design a repeatable system that fast tracts people to taste success. Instead of hoading your leads, give them to a small group of first level downlines. Do you realize that if you had 3 people that you mentored to have 3 others and then started to all feed leads downline how quickly you would all be working on your 5th level? Do some math. See it on paper. Think it through.

Get movement, rapid growth for new people. 3,9,27= 40 people working to help the 27 get three each. How quicky could that happen. Movement is the key to eveyone being really excited. Focus your energies. Don't leave everyone to just do their own thing. Move it down. First the roots go down, then the tree spreads wide. Listen to Life. The way of LIfe is right in front of our noses. We think we know better and cut ourself off from the limitless power of what is real.

When everyone is totatlly shouting with excitement over all the support and rapid growth come back and add 3 more. Mentor them. Repeat the steps. Let success breed success. People will beg to join your group. Do it again.

How much is 9X5? $66,429 a month. Make attainable goals. Step by step for everyone. Don't let people flounder on their own.

There is more. But this is plenty to do. Life is a happening to do, and a miracle to be.

Good to you all in your GDI journey into a bigger world, the world of your loving heart.

Blake Steele

HowardMartell

"Repetition is the mother of all Skills"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2005, 11:09:00 AM »

Hello

I have decided to give a try to this new easy marketing method via local phone book or on the web at www.smartpages.com

Step 1. Find businesses via the directory online or offline see if they have website listed

Step 2. Call or stop by the business and ask them why they don't have website presence?

Step 3. Write thank you letter to the business if you made personnel contact with their representative.

This method might take little time and effort but I am sure that you can get lot of people interested in their own top level domain name and web hosting for 10.00 month.

These businesses might not be a prospecting machine but they will be client for life.

I will keep you posted on how this offline method is working out.

take care

Howard Martell
gdi
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2005, 11:19:50 AM »

Yes, Howard, you are on to a great way to reach out and, since 51% of small businesses have NO WebSite, according to Fortune Small Business, odds are likely you are going to sign-up a number of customers especially, when they realize all the features/services for a low monthly cost.

Chip
AmberMathrole

GreenLightNetwork.ws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2005, 02:33:43 AM »

Hello there Sir Blake!

That was a fantastic post.  You convey your thoughts very well!  Your writings inspire me...so thank you so much! 

i look forward to your future posts!

Amber Mathrole
Sonya Dexter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2005, 02:33:01 AM »

I'm currently working at a bank, and I ask all the small business owners that come in to open a small business account if they have a website, 3 out of 5 do not.  That my opportunity to tell them about GDI.  When I tell them about some of the bennifits they are verry eager to get the web address to watch the 7 min movie.

Unless you change how you are, you will always have what you've got.  (Jim Rohn)
Mark Potes

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2005, 02:33:45 AM »

Awesome message my friend!

mark
Y_Richard

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2005, 07:30:42 AM »

Hello, I read your wonderful word, they are very inspiring. Thank you, I have noticed over the years that people are searching all over for love and happiness and I came to realise that it can only be found within my own self. Thanks again for your inspired words an I hope to see more of it.
Richard
Amy Derby

i am a work in progress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2005, 03:15:15 AM »

Howard,
Thanks for the idea.  I plan to try this one out both via my own business contacts (big city) and around my neighborhood (small suburb).  I have been looking more from the angle of recruitment, but you are certainly correct in your "client for life" point.

Sonya,
Thanks to you, too.  I am curious about your approach at work.  Are you passing out cards to contacts, or saying something specific that draws them into the movie?  I have usually only brief contact periods, and on the client end (I'm at a law firm and bill for my time, so clients tend not to want to talk to me for long.... Tongue.....even when I'm not billing for my time ), I'd have to get it out fast and make it more "personal" -- any suggestions would be helpful.

thanks all,
Amy

~Amy~

"Imagine Being More Afraid of Freedom Than Slavery." ~Pamela Sneed~
Amy Derby

i am a work in progress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2005, 03:06:01 AM »

Amazing message.  I genuinely thank you for taking the time to post it here, for sharing with us.  Very inspiring, and also very true.  It is so easy in this day in age to become so wrapped up in doing doing doing that we forget what we're doing or why -- let alone what it is that we truly want.  As a writer myself, I am always please to meet another.  Powerful is a good word.  Cheers,  Amy.  Smiley

~Amy~

"Imagine Being More Afraid of Freedom Than Slavery." ~Pamela Sneed~
Susie Blackman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2005, 05:03:07 AM »

If you don't have someone's email address "TEXT" them on their mobile phone. These days, the mobile phone is an extra limb most people carry around.   My message I've sent - Hi check out "My Amazing Home Business"  put in your website.You can do it too.
Keep in touch. Cheers Susie.     Someone else might want to add another liner idea this has worked for me...We call it modern technology.
Doug Mann

Making every day count!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2005, 03:21:36 AM »

Text message this one-liner...

" Hi Kim, guess what...I don't have to worry about job security anymore. Finally!" <web address>

- Doug

Success isn't a secret, it's formula.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: