April 27, 2024, 03:30:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Marketing Methods/Ideas  (Read 157628 times)
Samantha S

View Profile WWW
« on: June 04, 2005, 02:33:02 PM »

i was looking in the yellow pages yesterday and i noticed that a lot of companys don`t have there own website.
i was thinking about getting in contact with them to offer them there own website and domain name and every other geat thing you get with GDI.
what does everybody think about that,would it be alright to do or would it be classed as spam.
please let me know.
HowardMartell

"Repetition is the mother of all Skills"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 02:49:48 PM »

I would contact these companies first state the purpose of the call ask them why they don't have website to advertise their business?

Tell them you have something that is sure to add value to their business and do they have 7 quick minutes to check out your site?

If so give them the site also make sure to get their email address and phone number for followup?

Keep your calls to 2 minutes or less and don't get discouraged if they start asking questions tell them to hold their questions till after the watch 7 minute movie?

hope this helps
gdi
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 03:01:09 PM »

In fact, just reported by FSB.com that 51% of small businesses have NO WebSite.

Talk about a HUGE marketing opportunity. How many of us, in our own locales, can identify, those in need of a WebSite?

Also, there are athletic groups, fraternal organizations and other niche entities!

Remember the *core* product is the WebSite services package with the TLD=topleveldomain name, WebBuilder, email and other features.

Once aboard, GDI has put in place, how to get it for free plus, better yet, earn a significant income by sharing with others!

Okay, you get the idea now, let's start sharing methods!

Chip

HowardMartell

"Repetition is the mother of all Skills"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 05:22:12 PM »

Frank,

What does the letter look like that you're sending out to the business?

thanks

Gina Stone

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 02:55:17 AM »

I sent out 150 GDI flyers to area business yesterday. Fitness clubs, realtors, tax preparers and numerous Mom & Pop shops. I also included my business card.

I have a very local yellow pages and selected one or two business in each category. I did have to research some zip codes at USPS.com and I printed up labels with the addresses..

I also created a presentation letter, but decided to send the flyer instead. For my next round I will send the letter and compare the results.

I'll keep you posted.

FrankA

A Real Opportunity For Real People!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 10:10:09 AM »

Here's my Letter I'm sending Out to Area Business:

Dear Bill,

How would you like to have this as your Internet Address?  www.BillysBargainBarn.ws

The domain industry is exploding! Industry experts predict that over 500 Million domains will be active annually within the next ten years.

Before you can start up a business - any business - customers need to be able to find you. On the Internet, your address is your domain name; the part of an Internet address that comes after the www. With the unparalleled growth of the Internet, dot com domain names continue to sell like hotcakes. Currently, there are more than 20 million dot com domains, and over 34 million total domains registered worldwide. Industry experts forecast that more than 500 million domains will be registered in the next ten years. In fact, reliable sources from companies like Intel are predicting that every personal computer in the future will have its own domain name.

Why Do You Want A Web Site?
You can establish a professional, trusted image by having a Web site. An online presence can perform many functions to help support your business, and all of them should incorporate the following three top-level goals:

Enhanced Customer Service. The Web offers unprecedented ways to improve service to your customers. You can give buyers the ability to check the status of their orders or accounts, and to handle transactions electronically anytime. Customer loyalty can be enhanced through interactive discussions and surveys designed to assess public reactions and gather honest feedback about products and services. FAQs and e-mail can reduce the volume, and therefore the expense, of toll-free calls. If you sell products online, you can use e-mail to confirm orders.

Reduced Sales and Marketing Costs. Online operating manuals and troubleshooting guides can reduce telephone time and streamline operating efficiency. You can provide information on special offers without incurring the cost of brochures, direct mail, long-distance charges, travel or other business expenses. You can stretch your marketing dollars by including your Web address on print materials targeting potential customers. If your site is designed to process orders, you can make sales around-the-clock, seven days a week, regardless of staffing levels and without the extra costs of toll-free telephone lines, regional sales offices or distribution centers.

Opening New Markets. A Web site allows you to explore new ways to sell your products. Wholesalers can open a retail channel (provided their own retailers don’t object), and local businesses can tap into national and international markets that were previously out of reach.

Global Domains International, Inc. is the worldwide domain name registry for all .ws (Dot WS) domain names. Our product is an incredible $10 per month package that includes your own domain name, hosting accounts, and up to ten email accounts, plus an easy-to-use online web site builder that will allow you to get a professional looking web site on the web as quickly as possible. And the best thing is, you can try out everything we have to offer, starting today, for FREE.

Frank Anderson
G.D.I. Sales Affiliate

I am targeting meduim to small Independant Businesses. I also include a brochure outlining the product features and my contact information.

I have created a date base of local business and use merge fields for name and domain name insertion into the document.

Feel free to contact me with any questions!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 10:15:45 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged

Thanks! Frank Anderson
TracyB

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 03:34:11 PM »

All the marketing material I can find for GDI is geared towards selling the opportunity. The fliers, the emails all of it. Does any one have anything they use to market the services we provide without mention of the opprtunity?
Michael Wilson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 04:47:45 PM »

Yes see my previous post for car magnets below:

I have searched around for different prices on car magnets for advertising GDI. I have seen some places charge as much as $200 for them. If your interested go to Office Depot and buy your set of 2 for $35. It comes with a black and red stencil kit but you can also purchase additional letters at automotive shops like PepBoys.

Example Ad
GET A WEB ADDRESS
10 email address for $10
WWW.yourws.WS
S_Livingston

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 02:47:14 AM »

Here's my Letter I'm sending Out to Area Business:

Dear Bill,

How would you like to have this as your Internet Address?  www.BillysBargainBarn.ws

The domain industry is exploding! Industry experts predict that over 500 Million domains will be active annually within the next ten years.

Before you can start up a business - any business - customers need to be able to find you. On the Internet, your address is your domain name; the part of an Internet address that comes after the www. With the unparalleled growth of the Internet, dot com domain names continue to sell like hotcakes. Currently, there are more than 20 million dot com domains, and over 34 million total domains registered worldwide. Industry experts forecast that more than 500 million domains will be registered in the next ten years. In fact, reliable sources from companies like Intel are predicting that every personal computer in the future will have its own domain name.

Why Do You Want A Web Site?
You can establish a professional, trusted image by having a Web site. An online presence can perform many functions to help support your business, and all of them should incorporate the following three top-level goals:

Enhanced Customer Service. The Web offers unprecedented ways to improve service to your customers. You can give buyers the ability to check the status of their orders or accounts, and to handle transactions electronically anytime. Customer loyalty can be enhanced through interactive discussions and surveys designed to assess public reactions and gather honest feedback about products and services. FAQs and e-mail can reduce the volume, and therefore the expense, of toll-free calls. If you sell products online, you can use e-mail to confirm orders.

Reduced Sales and Marketing Costs. Online operating manuals and troubleshooting guides can reduce telephone time and streamline operating efficiency. You can provide information on special offers without incurring the cost of brochures, direct mail, long-distance charges, travel or other business expenses. You can stretch your marketing dollars by including your Web address on print materials targeting potential customers. If your site is designed to process orders, you can make sales around-the-clock, seven days a week, regardless of staffing levels and without the extra costs of toll-free telephone lines, regional sales offices or distribution centers.

Opening New Markets. A Web site allows you to explore new ways to sell your products. Wholesalers can open a retail channel (provided their own retailers don’t object), and local businesses can tap into national and international markets that were previously out of reach.

Global Domains International, Inc. is the worldwide domain name registry for all .ws (Dot WS) domain names. Our product is an incredible $10 per month package that includes your own domain name, hosting accounts, and up to ten email accounts, plus an easy-to-use online web site builder that will allow you to get a professional looking web site on the web as quickly as possible. And the best thing is, you can try out everything we have to offer, starting today, for FREE.

Frank Anderson
G.D.I. Sales Affiliate

I am targeting meduim to small Independant Businesses. I also include a brochure outlining the product features and my contact information.

I have created a date base of local business and use merge fields for name and domain name insertion into the document.

Feel free to contact me with any questions!

Saw this post and thought it might help you   Tongue
J_Davis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 02:51:17 AM »

Hello fellow affiliates, I have found the best prices on (ebay) for the magnetic car signs, and even to have them finished and mailed.  So just go and check it out if you can!

To truly succeed, is to add value to others lives!
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2005, 02:51:17 AM »

YES! Surely the aim is to sell domains.
WilliamBauwens

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2005, 02:53:43 AM »

hi all,
 yesterday i posted in an other topic the question
 if their was a page to-where we can send clients who are NOT interested in the opportunity  i think we scare many people off with the homepage we show them, they first see the opportunity..i suggest we have a webpage where we can send them to, to see if their name is still a valaible something like "www.namefree.ws"
 greetings from belgium
 william   Wink

greetzz from belgium
NancyZavaleta

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2005, 11:57:53 AM »

Regarding a ws site promoting the product instead of the opportunity: Go to http://www.website.ws/YOUR_USER_NAME/hosting.

Don't forget to put your user name where indicated, then give this URL to your customer.

Success to you!
Brian
TracyB

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2005, 11:57:53 AM »

Kind of answering my own question here but I just found out about http://www.website.ws/username/hosting  anyone have any other sales letters advertising the service?
ShawnHutcheson

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2005, 01:57:06 AM »

Hi Gina,

Since you have delivered 150 flyers at local businesses, any member signed up yet ?  If so, how many did you acquired ?  Your answers will be greatly appreciated.  =)

Thanks,

Shawn
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: