March 19, 2024, 02:53:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips, Suggestions & Advice!  (Read 128909 times)
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: March 11, 2008, 02:57:50 AM »

I know the importance of having a web site but I don't have a clue  how to build one or have the money to pay some one else to do it.
any one where I can find some help with this.

Hi,

The easiest thing to do is simply make a start. Read this thread here in the forums:-

http://talk.ws/index.php?topic=8749.0
SMorton

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 15, 2008, 03:44:52 PM »

Hi,

Here's a random tip for making your 'About me' page look tidy and attractive to visitors.

I had originally put all my links in an unorganized list, but always thought it looked messy and uninviting instead of enticing for people to click.  I recently I saw a table being used (I think on someone's eBay Me page) so I swiped the idea and am very happy with the outcome.

Take a look at http://awebsite.ws/aboutme   
I think the links table looks pretty sharp and has made a huge improvement to the overall appearance of the page. It seems to make the links much more distict too.

The only downside is that I have maxed out the size of the edit block so cannot add any more links to that particular table.  What I can do is create another one and perhaps split the list into maybe blogs and websites.

This design would work for anyone - I just created a 2 column by 7 row table that is 90% of the page width.  Why not try it too?

Sandra

E Hans

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 18, 2008, 02:28:42 PM »

Aloha everyone at GDI! Hans here. I've just started and would appreciate ANY and ALL help to send LOTS of traffic to my GDI site so I can build a HUGE downline asap! Thank you, Hans.
Karen Stevens-Cox

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 29, 2008, 06:28:53 AM »

Hi my name is karen stevens-cox and I've been a member for a few days now, and yet to have figured this site out! Undecided. If anyone out there could share some advise and help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, cuz i need all the help I can get b/c this is my only source of income right now. I have many affiliates but don't have a clue what to do with them. I've uploaded a pic many times but it won't post. why? I have no clue whats going on w/this site! I have a website for herbalife and it wasn't this hard!. Helpppp! Cry
Jodie S

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: June 03, 2008, 12:50:05 PM »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to GDI and have set it up to be forwarded to another site I have.  However, I would prefer if once on that page, it would keep the GDI domain name I have.  Is this possible?  I know that godaddy provides a service like this. 

Please share if you know the answer.

Thank you,

Jodie

Just another online money maker?  I hope not! 

Great to meet other like minded people.
Fred Blundell

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2008, 03:39:31 AM »

Hi People..........

Is there anyone out there using a .ws web site using Google "Adwords" program with their site??? I need to find out where to place the "Analytics" program tracking code on the pages so that Google "Analytics" will track the pages activity.

Please respond.

Thanks!

Fred Blundell
R_Estes

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 18, 2008, 04:07:50 AM »

I am using the hosting service. Is there any to tell how many hits I am having on my website

Roger
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: July 19, 2008, 01:03:30 PM »

Hi Roger,

As you are using the hosting option, then you must be making your webpage?
Google webmaster tools offer very detail and comprehensive tracking.
You just have to cut and paste some codes on your webpage.
Go here to sign up, its free:
https://www.google.com/analytics/home/?et=reset&hl=en-US

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
Tracye K

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 28, 2008, 02:26:03 PM »

Awhile back I read something on the forum about hiding pages and not being able to now.  My questions is this, how come when I publish a page, yet keep it hidden, when I enter the URL, I am directed to my GDI lead capture page?  I could have sworn one time I had a page published, yet hidden, and when I tpyed in the URL, I was taken to just that page.  Of course then all the other pages that weren't hidden were shown, but I didn't care about that.  If anyone has an idea as to why I keep getting directed to the GDI lead capture page or how to successfully hide a page, I would appreciate it. Thanks

Tracye
Micheal Dhane

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 02, 2008, 09:07:08 AM »

Where do i get the code .  or How do i download my gdi videos??? 

i would like to post them in Myspace, and yuwie.

please help

mike dhane
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 09:08:20 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: August 05, 2008, 09:12:27 AM »

Where do i get the code .  or How do i download my gdi videos??? 

i would like to post them in Myspace, and yuwie.

please help

mike dhane

There are youtube download programs that you may use to download GDI videos.
But some of them are copyrighted by owners who have posted them in the video sharing sites.
If you need to know which ones to use, please send me a message.

I AGREE WITH BRENDA'S PREVIOUS POST

I TO, HATE THIS NEW SITE BUILDER.  IT HAS TRASHED MY SITE AND 18 OF OUR TEAM AS WELL.
HAS TAKEN ME 5 HOURS TO TRY TO FIX MY FRONT PAGE AND EVEN NOW I CANNOT GET BACK THE AUDIO
I ORIGINALLY HAD ON THE SITE.
ALSO CANNOT GET BACK AN IMPORTANT VIDEO CLIP I HAD.

THERE ARE NO DECENT TUTORIALS
AND SOME FUNCTIONS WERE USING 100% CPU AND LOCKING MY COMPUTER [I HAVE 2GIG RAM]
ALSO WAS USING 78% MEMORY

I AM VERY ANNOYED AND GUTTED THAT I NOW HAVE TO REBUILD IT

DAVE [vauxman]
Been with GDI since May 2005 and never had trouble with old site.

I agree with you to some extent.
I feel that the new builder is just good looking without any real improvement in the functionalities.
As a long term GDI member, I suggest that you consider choosing the hosting option?
This way you can easily create/edit your pages (with any templates from the web) offline, and upload it to the server with FTP.
I find this faster and I can be more in control of the layout as well.

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
Aprile Snyder

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 20, 2008, 08:01:20 PM »

Cool [Hi GDI Friends,[/color]

I have not built my site yet and wanted to get some ideas first before taking the plunge. I've seen some suggestions about choosing the  hosting option so we can have more control & options available. Does this mean that GDI will still perform the web hosting as they do in the other option but would allow me to make changes as needed? Also, if you have any website links for me to check out for more pre-build ideas, that would much appreciated! Thanks in advance for any reply.

Aprile
David Fenton

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 21, 2008, 03:08:39 PM »

Hi Folks,
You know, I have been reading all the bright positive comments on the GDI forum and it's good to know of so many positive people out there.

But what about those who have bought into GDI thinking they can earn a reasonable living out of selling on the concept only to find that they have been left with a domain that just sits there because they haven't got the focus right.

Also, what about the POSITIVE people who are great at network marketing and convince others to buy into the concept to sell to others the GDI domains reasonably successfully. But they too have a domain name that is just sitting there doing nothing. Why? because they feel they don't need it to do anything maybe. WRONG !

I wonder how many GDI affiliates as a percentage have domain names just sitting there doing nothing.
I believe we will all be amazed at the fairly high ratio.

So where am I going with this?

It's simple

USE WHAT YOU HAVE PAID FOR. Just because your income now outweighs your cost why have something sitting there that you are still paying for.

So here's the bottom line.
Sell the concept - yes of course
Give people good ideas about how the domain name and website can make money for them IN ADDITION to selling the concept.
Problem? I do not know how to set up my website.
If you are an upliner with people under you, make it your business to help your downline people produce successful websites.
I am doing this with my downliners and yes I charge them for it. £57 a year.
GDI are offering this kind of service as well and people do have choices but Downliners, in my view, relate more to upliners and if the end product is more sales for GDI then that's sensible.
I will answer any question my downliners  have for me on website building/traffic etc etc.
I feel that I have sold them a GDI concept of buying a Domain name and Website.
If they can't do anything with it after my help then I KNOW I have done the best I can for them.
Notice I am there for them for 12 MONTHS.
It can take that time for some to click right. Also ,if they get it right they will renew.
Comments are always welcome

Good luck to you all
Sincerely
Dave Fenton
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 03:10:35 PM by ChipSnyder » Logged
M HAN

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2008, 06:26:07 AM »

d][/color]http://ftp://
http:// Cheesy Cheesy Wink Smiley
Caroline S

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 21, 2009, 07:47:30 AM »

I have had my domain names for 6 months or more and I just mess around with it when I have time. I don't want to give them up.  But I have no Idea how to do anything.

I uploaded some pictures, and they turn out all wrong.

I had a page just where I wrote and inspriational article and I clicked something and it dissppeared.

I want to build a page.  Maybe with some banners of some safelists I am a member of.

Maybe to promote other things I am involved with.  But How?

I don't even know if that is ok to do.  Like I said All I have been doing is promoting my GDI business at Traffic exchanges and Safelists and in 6 months I only had two or three people watch the movie.

I really need to learn how to use the system before I promote it the way I really want to.

What kind of help is there for me? 

Caroline S
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
  Print  

Jump to: