April 23, 2024, 10:44:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips, Suggestions & Advice!  (Read 129920 times)
L_Graham

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 29, 2006, 07:05:09 AM »

Hi everyone,

These are great ideas, I too am not very creative, Thanks Robin, I did not know
there were free web-builders out there, I will check them out.

Good info on writing down ideas.

Lynda
Dee Hudson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: July 29, 2006, 01:16:30 PM »

I own my own domain at bravenet, and want to know what is the best way to do things.

I am using the site builder here at GDI, but feel it is very restricting. So want to be able to extend site to have more pages and have more say over the graphics for the background, It is a very limited selection here.

Can someone tell me where I can get online help through skype or messenger, to discuss my options and help in the way to upload or transfer domain to bravenet?

I am fine designing the layout etc, and feel that I can manage the rest of the set up. its just to guide in the setting up.

Thanks in advance

Dee Hudson
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 01:17:29 PM by Nicole Taylor » Logged
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2006, 11:55:44 PM »

You should be able to put any background and/or image you like in with the site builder.
If you switch to the hosting option and use a WYSIWIG editor like front page the choices are infinite.
BillyCarter

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2006, 09:53:28 AM »

I was asked a question about the building a website,can you ad a shopping if so how?
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2006, 10:22:46 PM »

Sure you can. The simplest is to use the PayPal interface.
ReynaldoL

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2006, 04:20:05 PM »

No apology necessary...that is how we, at the Forum, find out how all the factors/forces are integrated, for the good of all!

Chip

Hello Chip,
I am new to all this. I am trying to build my website thru Site Builder - Template. My registered domain name is " Globalonline.ws. Is this also my website address? or my URL? If it is I can't seem to access it. It gives me an error saying I am not authorize. What am I missing here? Is there anything I need to do to get this website to go live? I would appreciate any assistance.

Many thanks,
Rey
Hsieh Z

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2006, 11:39:41 PM »

Does anyone know how to make a webpage password accessable?  I have built several pages at Familytimes.ws, but I would like to make a few more password accessable to family and close friends.  Any idea how to do this?  Thank You, RonJeffries

Hello,

You can do this two ways:

1. You can give special access permission in .htaccess file.
2. Through a programming script like PHP or ASP.

If you would like to protect by .htaccess file check whether the webhosting provides this facility via control panel or telnet access. Then follow the procedures given in the web hosting guide. Or, check this link for more information.

http://www.itc.virginia.edu/desktop/web/htaccess.html

If you would like to protect via PHP or ASP code, refer to http://www.gidforums.com/t-887.html

Nicole

Can I use php or asp function in the GDI hosting?
VictoriaF

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2006, 11:07:11 AM »

hello i need support to make my website better.
i`m new on this
this is my first really website
any ideas to me
advertising
another information
banners

how many pages do a need ??

se my site on http://josefin.ws/

thanks
vici
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 11:07:49 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
MaxB

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2006, 11:20:51 PM »

Hello!

I am quite new to GDI. I think its a good opportunity, but the Webhosting offer should include definitly more!! Because, these hosting options offered by GDI you can get for free!!
What i like to add:

- It should be an unlimited amount ob websites
 - PHP and mysql is very important, especially for Business websites!!!

I think this would help GDI and the partners to get better succsess!

Best wishes,
max
Sam Burgess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: January 01, 2007, 04:53:49 PM »

Hi all. I have searched the forums and have yet to find any info on adding a hit counter to a .ws site. I have added one with Front Page and even tried to redo it in Word and the counter will not show up. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Sam in Texas!

Sam Burgess
Texas
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2007, 09:14:23 AM »

Hi all. I have searched the forums and have yet to find any info on adding a hit counter to a .ws site. I have added one with Front Page and even tried to redo it in Word and the counter will not show up. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Sam in Texas!

There are many ways to add a tracker.
One of the easiest is to use Extreme Tracking http://extremetracking.com/
I used this service 9 years ago and it is still as good as ever
JaapVerduijn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2007, 04:14:59 AM »

Greetings all!

The included website maker is, I sadly agree, not the most technologically advanced specimen around. Unless you're already proficient in building websites, the thing produces ugly results but... if you're already proficient you probably use another program or editor anyway!

What I tend to advise those individuals in my downline who are serious about setting up an internet business with all kinds of imaginary options and bells and whistles, is to open a hosting account elsewhere (you can email me if you want more details), point their dotWS domain to the DNS servers of that second hosting company, let the GDI stuff run ONLY as a business with the supplied squeeze pages, and do all the serious things elsewhere.

This way they have the best of two worlds: the truly very good business side of GDI, combined with hosting elsewhere that's worth its salt. Usually I give them a replicated site of one of my own sites (of course with their GDI and other ID's in it - grin!), which works like a charm.

A last admonition: do not give up on GDI too early! You need staying power in this particular kind of set-up. For several (even many) months you may have the impression that nothing happens, or in the best case that there is a slow growth. Just let it grow... slowly. What's one more month anyway? You only pay ten lousy bucks to begin with! And then, gradually but sometimes suddenly, you see that your downliners are beginning to recruit. And oh!, the joy!, when one of them turns out to be a heavy hitter!

In short: the beginning is always very slow, but eventually a critical mass seems to be reached and then... the whole things begins to snowball!

Be, stay, live and snowball well!

Jaap Verduijn.
TerriW

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2007, 02:07:41 PM »

I second the notion for kid website templates!

Stefani

Mommy Enterprises

Hi Stefani, did you make your website from a GDI template?

Terri
ScottWilkerson

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 12, 2007, 11:50:02 AM »

Hello,

Just a quick question....

Is there any sort of tracking available so we can track our different marketing methods?

I think it would be really helpful to be able to send someone to dfferent tracked sites like
www.website.ws/USERNAME.1
www.website.ws/USERNAME.2
www.website.ws/USERNAME.3
or
www.website.ws/USERNAME?tracking=1
www.website.ws/USERNAME?tracking=2
www.website.ws/USERNAME?tracking=3

So we can have a guage of what marketing methods are converting visitors to members and which are not...

Scott
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: April 12, 2007, 12:37:55 PM »

Is there any sort of tracking available so we can track our different marketing methods?

You can try clickaudit, they are free to join.

Melissa

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: