April 29, 2024, 06:43:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips, Suggestions & Advice!  (Read 130079 times)
LTibbetts

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2006, 05:08:45 AM »

Hi to everyone.  I have just signed up with GDI and the first thing that attracted me to this is that I already have a blog that has become quite popular to a certain population.  I do not want to change that blog and use my .ws instead (and since there is a 10-page limit to webpages using GDI's hosting, I doubt that I can use it for blogging purposes).

So, is it possible for me to do that?

If not, can you provide me with any tips to discreetly create curiosity into this online business amongst my readers?

Thanks a lot!
SerigneThiam

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2006, 08:00:12 AM »

Hi,

My business partner Deb and I formed Marketer's Edge shortly after joining GDI. We got the .ws domain, but the .com was already taken (imagine that? LOL). Deb registered ME as a business in the state of Texas.

Our site is based on giving all marketers an "Edge", providing marketing tools and opportunities. It's always a work in progress. I love website building, and even though our site has won several awards, we are getting ready to revamp it again. We will be including direct product sales in the future, as well our own banner exchange program and safelist. Really, I just want to change the template  Wink
Don't get me wrong - even though we offer other things, ALL roads lead to GDI, and always will!

Your website is the product you are paying for with GDI. You should use it any way you want and have fun with it!

In Success,
Stephanie

hello staphanie do you know i am very glad to visit your website and it's vey interessing it's allow me to build my own banner that's why i ask you to give me some advice about my website in building because i really need some people who got experience like you , me i am in GDI global domain name and i really need your support and your help about it and then the marketing how to get mail so that to send invitation.
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2006, 01:52:37 AM »

Hi to everyone.  I have just signed up with GDI and the first thing that attracted me to this is that I already have a blog that has become quite popular to a certain population.  I do not want to change that blog and use my .ws instead (and since there is a 10-page limit to webpages using GDI's hosting, I doubt that I can use it for blogging purposes).

So, is it possible for me to do that?

If not, can you provide me with any tips to discreetly create curiosity into this online business amongst my readers?

Thanks a lot!

It is not necessary to stick to the ten page limit - if you use the hosting option you can have as many pages as you want. The problem will be to get the blog to work.
HelenR

get rich..get rich..get rich..

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2006, 11:51:02 AM »

Hello everyone,

Its been a while since ive used the forum,(as everything was running smoothly 4 me),  but im back now & i need a little help. I have recently purchased my domain name in 5 different extentions (.com, .net, .info, .biz, .org), so now i truly feel like im the mistress of my domain!! Anyway, im having a bit of difficulty understanding things like databases, my SQL & php. How can i incorporate these things into my site? I want to be able to have dynamic web content on my sites including autoresponders, search page, fully functioning shopping cart, & other popular common scripts. Is there anyone out there that can help with this kind of thing? I already have designed & published a simple site with .ws site builder, but feel im ready for a new challenge. In the end, i would like to have all my sites displaying the same content & plan to upload all the content to one site & have the rest point to that site, so no matter what extention a user enters, they will be directed to my site regardless.Can anyone recommend a good tutorial help guide for novice dummies like me? I have absolutely no knowledge of databases at all. I know what their function is, but cannot understand what i need to do to have it all up & running on my site. Before I joined GDI last October, I didnt know a thing about websites, all i could do, basically, was to send & receive emails. Since joining,  I have come a long way in understanding basic concepts in website knowledge, like HTML. THANKS SO MUCH GDI, for giving me the opportunity to learn!!  It has taken me alot of sleepless nights, but i have taught myself everything i know up to this point. So, i would like to continue with that knowledge & learn about my SQL/php. (Everything I have read on the subject so far has been written for advanced knowledge, even the beginner info!)  I already have downloaded several fully functioning scripts (shopping cart, banner rotation, autoresponder, chatroom, invoicing, document management, directory indexer, plus many many more...)  ready to upload to my site, but have no idea how to go about it. I feel so frustrated, cause i know what i want, but i havent a clue what to do. What i need is slow, patient instruction from someone that has already done it or a recommended, step-by-step, easy to follow tutorial - PLEASE HELP SOMEONE!!!!!! Perhaps you could pm me any recommendations to:  THANKS, much appreciated,
PS. Below is my personal banner i designed using a special free banner template software, cool isnt it? (its not a clickable banner just yet, but will be soon - if anyone would like a free copy of the banner templates to download, please email me )

Kind regards,
HELEN R.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 11:59:43 AM by Frank_M » Logged
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2006, 08:49:55 PM »

It is not hard to do what you want to do. However since you want to point all your domains to one site you will have to as GDI if they will do that for you. Its called an IRO (Internal Redirect Overlay). WRT to the php mysql thing all databases require some sort of script to draw data out of the database so you need to teach yourself a scripting language. You can buy PHP&Mysql for Dummies in the Dummy series as a start.
Crystal B

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2006, 11:52:44 PM »

Does anyone know if it is possible for me to use a 3rd party website builder and build a website for people on my downline & create their site or do they have to do it themselves? Has this been done or can it be done? Any advice & comments would help.

Thanks,
Crystal
RonJeffries

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2006, 07:23:56 PM »

Does anyone know how to make a webpage password accessable?  I have built several pages at Familytimes.ws, but I would like to make a few more password accessable to family and close friends.  Any idea how to do this?  Thank You, RonJeffries
John C1

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 27, 2006, 07:51:30 PM »

hello everyone,

My name is John from Tampa Fl, and this is my first day here and I am a new newbie to all this.

I dont have a web page but I would like to learn how to put one together, if anyone here has any advice please drop me a note.

Thank in advance.

John
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: May 27, 2006, 09:21:52 PM »

Does anyone know how to make a webpage password accessable?  I have built several pages at Familytimes.ws, but I would like to make a few more password accessable to family and close friends.  Any idea how to do this?  Thank You, RonJeffries

Hello,

You can do this two ways:

1. You can give special access permission in .htaccess file.
2. Through a programming script like PHP or ASP.

If you would like to protect by .htaccess file check whether the webhosting provides this facility via control panel or telnet access. Then follow the procedures given in the web hosting guide. Or, check this link for more information.

http://www.itc.virginia.edu/desktop/web/htaccess.html

If you would like to protect via PHP or ASP code, refer to http://www.gidforums.com/t-887.html

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
Muriel H

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 09, 2006, 09:32:12 AM »

Undecided  I am attempting to build my site and am not sure which option offered would be the simplest way to begin.  Any suggestions would be most appreciated!!
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: June 10, 2006, 02:24:32 AM »

One of the easiest ways is to draw a 2" (5cm) circle smack in the center of a piece of paper. In the center of the circle write the title of your site. This represents your home or index page and is the first page anyone will see when they type in your new .ws domain name.

Radiating out from the circle draw 7 spokes. At the end of each spoke draw another 2" (5cm) circle. So each new circle represents one of our remaining 7 pages. In each of these circles write the title of a topic for your site such as "contact" or "promote the gdi dream" or "sell a mineral supplement" or "weave an underwater basket". One of the seven circles will be a guestbook and one will be a feedback form. This will give you a core layout.

If you are using the GDI hosting option not the site builder, you can add as many spokes as you like and you can connect the sub circles with spokes to show relationships. You can also add spokes to the sub circles and add a second layer of circles.

Play with the circles till you find a good combination.

Now get a pad and using one page/circle write anything down about the topic. Just write anything that comes to mind. Now turn the thoughts into paragraphs. You will be surprised how quickly content builds. Concentrate on text to begin with. Just put words on the pages. Text is important because this is what the big search engines like Google and Yahoo will assess you on. (They have no interest in graphics or banners.) When you have finished with the words make a list of any pictures, graphics, banners or sounds you want on each page
Craig S

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2006, 09:24:53 PM »

great way to start ..RodB ... yeap read it again folks simple way to start a plan,a theme for your site the rest sub pages  the last pages are for when they are done with your site, like feedback, guest book , and links to other sites,.... also remember ppl are lazy.... so what you want most important on each page up on top, be simple ,direct,upfront, customer relations 2nd to none.... heres a my website just started already planning improvements ... http://www.viknx.ws ... thank you ... enjoy
DianaFellers

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2006, 11:48:02 AM »

Hello:
I have several customers that wish to sell products on their website and theyr is no pay paoint in the site builder.  Do any of your have any clients using hteir websites as business sales location and if so how are they gathering credit card payments.  Please explain.  Thank you.
mack88
« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2006, 08:10:07 PM »

Hello:
I have several customers that wish to sell products on their website and theyr is no pay paoint in the site builder.  Do any of your have any clients using hteir websites as business sales location and if so how are they gathering credit card payments.  Please explain.  Thank you.

You must use a payment processor.  All webmasters who sell items on their website have them.  You must find a reliable service.  A very popular one is Paypal.  There are others that have recurring charges.
J Wilson

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2006, 11:32:20 AM »

Hello,

I offer different avenues of interest on my Website. I've been thinking of adding a "Funny Videos" section and perhaps a blog. Even a news feeder would be a good idea. Having things like this on your site will give your vistors a reason to keep coming back.

Nicole

Nicole,

Your website gave me an excellent example of how to pull a site together.  I really appreciate you sharing it with us all.

Joe Wilson
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: