March 28, 2024, 09:29:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP NEEDED ON ADVERTISING MY BUSINESS!!!!  (Read 71302 times)
ScottW

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2007, 07:27:34 AM »

Hi

I posted a question here sometime ago but did not get a reply, so will try again. I would like to be able to offer a free ebook to encourage people to opt-in for more information. My problem is I don't know what steps I need to take to be able to do this.

All I do know is that the ebook needs to be uploaded to a web page and then I need to put a link to it from where ever I wish to put the sign up form.

Please can someone tell me how to do this, or point me to somewhere that would provide this information.

Thanks

Scott
Robert_S1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 05:07:23 AM »

I have the same problem that Jeremiah has.I used the sitebuilder to build my website and can't find the <head> and <body> part to put the html code that google gave me.The title has only 80 characters to put in and the're not in html.If i try to change the html code in the content of the home page ,there's no body and head .Please help me .
S_Alcoya

Success is our way of life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 04:01:48 AM »

Hi

I posted a question here sometime ago but did not get a reply, so will try again. I would like to be able to offer a free ebook to encourage people to opt-in for more information. My problem is I don't know what steps I need to take to be able to do this.

All I do know is that the ebook needs to be uploaded to a web page and then I need to put a link to it from where ever I wish to put the sign up form.

Please can someone tell me how to do this, or point me to somewhere that would provide this information.

Thanks

Scott

Is your ebook already done? You need to use a FTP service to upload your ebook.
Go to download.com

Take Care,
Alcoya
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 08:12:19 AM »

Hi

Thanks

Scott

In order to do what you want, you need the following:
1)A PDF compiler to make your ebook, you can get a free one here : http://www.openoffice.org
2)An FTP program to upload your Ebook into the server, or you can use the GDI sitebuilder file upload to the gallery
You can get free FTP programs from download.com as mentioned by S_Alcoya
3)A lead capture form on your webpage. When somebody fills in the form, the code will automatically redirect them to the your designated download page.
You can refer to my sample lead capture form code here:
http://talk.ws/index.php?topic=6371.msg19258#msg19258
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 12:16:10 PM by DPro » Logged

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
WatersA

Take That Step

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2007, 03:36:17 PM »

Dear Suzy,

You made no mention of the things that you have tried. So I will assume that you have
tried to motivate your downline. Sometimes when we have downline people all of them
won't promote GDI like we do.Sometimes they join for other reasons. If you know your
downline people, or not you need to ask if they need your help. Sometimes people are a
little ashamed that they are not promoting as fast as you are. Embarrassed

You need to have close contact with your downline. How often do you e-mail them?
Do you have conference calls with them? Here they can ask questions. Huh

How often do you send them letters of encouragement?  Roll Eyes You have to realize that we all don't
work at the same speed. Maby some of them are trying,but haven't reached the point of success. Cry
They might feel very depressed. You are the leader.Try to get in touch with them. let them know you
offer support for them. The ones that want help will let you know.

I wish you much success my dear. Cheesy                                             

Ms.Watersa

Success Is What You Make Of It!
Mick Griffiths

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 12:14:10 PM »

Hi all    (from the UK)

this is my first post and need a lot of help starting with  HOW DO I MOTIVATE MY UPLINE

I have emailed every him day for the last 5 days to no avail
my 7 day FREE service ends on saturday and i have done nothing to promote as i dont know what to do or say

I thought i was signing up for a website that i can build up and change as and when i want and advertise my other things on there so that when i tell friends and family i have a web site they would have a look at what i was all about - but insted all they tell me is that i am just trying to get them to sign up for GDI ( although this is partly true, i would have also liked them to have seen what i have been doing over the last few years) - i have asked my upline but i have had no reply at all.

I had just decided i have had enough and was looking arount to cancel my account when i stumbled upon this forum

any ideas

thanks

mick griffiths

« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 12:21:11 PM by Nicole Taylor » Logged
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007, 12:48:44 PM »

Hi Mick,

You've come to the right place for your questions and concerns. I understand you're not getting any assistance from your upline, but one thing to keep in mind is that your success is up to you, nobody else; however, I know it's always nice to have that helping hand to walk you through the process, to get you up and started, and that is why this forum, Talk.ws, is available to you and every other GDI member.

How do you motivate your upline? First of all, why should you? If your upline knows nothing about nothing, what good is nothing to you? That's called duplication of failure. GDI has given us a powerful system, one that works, otherwise I wouldn't be here, you wouldn't be here, and neither would the next person. Learn how to put the system to work for you by visiting the forum on a daily basis, participating in the training and listening to the .WS Internet Show archives.

Ask away.. we're here to help. Use the forum to your advantage!

Nicole

P.S. Think twice before canceling. It's $10 a month! $10 a month to start a business that can build you a residual income for the rest of your life!

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
Mick Griffiths

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2007, 04:39:55 AM »

Hi Nicole

Thanks for you reply to my concerns
Sorry for my late response but the reason for not getting back was that as soon as I clicked on the post reply button – my reply disappeared – I then spent another 10 min’s trying to find it - but to no avail? I then ran out of time and had to go to work.
The next day I looked and still could not find my reply so I gave up on that idea and decided to have another go at my up line just to let him know what I had tried to do and how very despondent I was and to see if I could raise a spark of interest, but he has never replied. Lips Sealed
I have just been searching around and had another go at trying to do something with my web page (just to give it one more try before I cancel as this is my last day of the free 7 day trial) but again as I don’t really know what I am supposed to do I didn’t get anywhere.

Ok so now I try to cancel my account and cant find the info I require to do it LOL Huh
So I thought I would have a look at this forum and noticed my reply had appeared and your response Shocked
I wish I could have seen it on the day as you replied in less than an hour and maybe I could have started to take advantage of it.

Am I right to assume that I can turn the web page into whatever I want it to be or am I just under some false illusion?

Is this all the web page does, just displays and advertises GDI – do I not get a say in what is on there?
I here what you say about starting a business for only $10 a month but if I don’t know what I am supposed to do, I may just as well go outside and give the first person I see $10 and tell him/her to come back at the same time next month and I will give the same – etc…etc…etc..

If  someone (like my up line sponsor) would have told me that this is only a site that you have to get people to visit and join I would have advertised appropriately and maybe I could have generated interest in different avenues instead of telling my friends and family I have got a web site and go take a look
After saying all this I am still very interested if someone can help as I find it very hard to say die. Tongue

Many thanks

Mick

Ps
I will keep looking at this forum as I think I may be to late to cancel this month (due to the fact I CAN’T FIND OUT HOW TO)  -  LOL   -   LOL    -  LOL

Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2007, 09:27:01 PM »

Hello Mick,

When you signed up to GDI, you were able to pick a .ws domain name. This domain you can do whatever you want with. You can build your own Website using the Sitebuilder or you can have your domain forward to another URL. It's up to you.

Log into www.website.ws/members and click on the tab that says Domains. You will see your domain listed and the settings for it. Click on Change DNS and select the Sitebuilder option to start building your Website.

Aside from your very own .ws domain name, you have several other Websites to use to promote GDI. They are listed in the FAQ section under Announcements.

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
Mick Griffiths

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2007, 08:21:50 AM »

Hi Nicole
Thanks for the advice - i seem to be getting the hang of it now, i have just made a start on my web page (not done a lot but at least i have been able to do something, now i know what to do i can have a play over the next couple of days) easy when you know where to look Shocked

hopfully i wont have to bother you again so i will let you get back to drinking Starbucks and eating cinnamon crumb cake  Wink

MANY THANKS NICOLE

mick
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 08:27:58 AM by Nicole Taylor » Logged
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2007, 08:35:22 AM »

Hello Mick,

You know the funny thing is that I am sippin on a Caramel Frappuccino at the moment! Grin They put a Starbucks on my side of town and I am LOVING it!  Grin

That's great you made a start on your Web page! If you need any help building your pages, visit the Website Development board. You can also put your URL under Showcase Your Website for others to leave you feedback.

We're a great forum!

Nicole
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 08:37:25 AM by Nicole Taylor » Logged

SandroPonceano

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 02:41:45 PM »

I desired to put menus in on line, but the menus pass more of 4000 characters, as I can add but of 4000 characters in the page? 
DTerri

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2007, 01:55:12 AM »

Hi Karen! I too, am a single mom. Please don't cancel! Think of it this way, "Rome wasn't built in a day"! It has only been 2 months. Typically, do you receive a promotion in two months on a job?? Most likely, the answer is NO! B4 u cancel, think of what u will be losing out on...Residual Income!! You have to work hard! Some people will get the concept others wont. U have business cards? If no, then get some! IF you cant' afford business cards, guess what?? The most powerful form of advertising is Word of Mouth!! Hit your local colleges, restaurants, retail Stores. Don't be afraid to ask people if they want to earn extra $$$!! The system will sell itself. Be enthusiastic! Look, $10 a mo...Most people spend that in 1 day on Breakfast, lunch, or dinner. This is the most affordable business a person could ever have! You can't afford not to continue! GOOD LUCK and DON'T BE AFRAID OF REJECTION!!!! Give it some time!

HI,  My name is Karen.. I have been w/GDI for almost 2-Mths. and I still haven't
gotten any sign ups. I am really getting frustrated, I too have been doing the invite-emails but, I still haven't gotten
any.. I don't know what to do, because my money situation is getting really bad, I'm on Social Security which is not
much and one child to support, that's the reason why I joined GDI, I know its a very good business, but, If I cannot
get anyone to sign up soon, I'm afraid that I'm, going to have to cancel, and I know I don't want to but, Money is
really getting scarce for me.. I need all the help I can get right now, So, if anyone has any ideas on how I can get sign
ups fast. Please, let me know.. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
                                                                                           Karen (Mi)
D_Weare

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2007, 04:04:10 PM »

I am lost by all the questions about advertising? I answered an ad that stated this site offered FREE Ads? I just signed on and been in this site over an hour, and I have yet to see how and where to build my website, let alone to advertise my site for FREE. I am writing a report for a company that exposes scams. I sure could use some feed back from people here who have tried to make any money, and how you are doing and how you did make money or if not why you feel that is.

Thank you for your time and I will return to the forum to see what others may have posted as well.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 04:04:51 PM by Nicole Taylor » Logged
Zuzana Crossley

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2007, 05:58:04 PM »

I know how you feel !

GDI has been my first experience with this type of marketing. I have learned loads in the 4 months that I have been doing it and am now starting to get the rewards.

I do not consider myself an expert but will gladly share my methods and systems that I have found / adapted or developed to help build my downline.
Rather than post everything here just contact me and I'll email you all the details. I have not made direct contact with any friends or family. In fact living in the UK I have realised that most UK citizens 'do not get it' or 'trust it' enough to try, so I've had to be adaptable to succeed. With GDI backing us up I know that we can ALL be successful.

I wish everyone the best of luck with their GDI experience.

Dean

Hi, Im also from new and from UK and I need help...pleas could you let me know your contact details so i can contact you ? thanks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: