April 27, 2024, 09:32:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Team Questions/Suggestions  (Read 73341 times)
Doug Mann

Making every day count!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2005, 09:21:02 PM »

Elmire,

That's a great start.  Here are a couple of suggestions.  First, what you have listed might be a lot of overwhelming information for somebody who has just started.  You might think about feeding the person in bite-sized pieces...a little bit everyday to explore.  Second, if you tell someone about some place they should go on the web, or some file they should download and read, then provide URL's in your message, so that all they have to do is click on the link and they're there.

Hope this helps a little,
- Doug

Success isn't a secret, it's formula.
JNapier

Living by Faith! One day at a time!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2005, 10:42:35 PM »

I always encourage my new members to study everything in their back office before doing anything else. Then, they are to get back with me on any questions they have. According to their questions I then determine what to suggest next.

I don't want to move anyone forward until they have come to grips with the issue on hand.  Members are individuals with different mind sets and abilities.  Even though I have a set plan not all members go through it at the same pace. I am considerate to their needs and abilities first and foremost.

After they understand their back office then I encourage them to get on all the training calls they can. I even type up a training letter from the training calls to send to the members who were unable to attend.

I don't want my downline rushing into marketing until they feel they are ready to do so. Some come in with experience and are ready to move forward.  It is important for me to know their goals as well so I can help them with marketing strategies accordingly.  Some can spend more than others on advertising. As their sponsor, I have to take all this into consideration.

This is just my way. I am sure others do differently. 

All my best,
Norma  Shocked

Living by Faith,
one day at a time!
R_Weiss

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2005, 08:34:01 AM »

I send all new signups a link for gdi training at http://website.ws/home/wealthguide  which will cover all avenues of advertising the business.

Rich
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 02:26:34 PM by Mike N » Logged

Rich Weiss
SSmith

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2005, 08:41:08 AM »

You Nailed it that time!

We need to know and record the level of expertise of each of our downline members.  We need to know the goals of each.
Steve_Farber

Carpe Diem (Seize the Day)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2005, 11:29:15 AM »

I want to point out the negative impacts of a practice some people use called "Stacking".

Q: What is stacking?

A: Stacking is a term used by network marketing companies to describe a distributor’s attempt to manipulate compensation in the marketing plan by placing members of his or her household or family in the downline sales structure. It is frowned upon, and most companies have rules that are intended to discourage the practice of stacking.
source: mlmlegal.com

Stacking is a problem, and this causes commissions to move out of your payline very quickly.

The effect of stacking on your organization and earning potential as well as for your downline is dramatic and very negative! And once it starts, it is often duplicated.

After all, isn't this business about duplication? Only, the good and the bad gets duplicated equally well, and sometimes the bad a lot easier.... The only person it benefits is the person doing the stacking.

It may not be technically against GDI's rules to stack, but look at it this way...

What if you signed up a superstar, he/she then signed up their spouse, then their children and then started building his/her business on YOUR 4th or 5th level.  You would lose out big time!!!!  Especially if the person on your 5th level who was actually signed up by the person on your 1st level signs up another superstar.  They win and YOU lose.

When people view their upline and see the same last name and find out what you did they might do the same thing.

Don't do it... Don't teach it!

It seems harmless and profitable when you do it, have someone in your downline do it and your attitude changes very quickly.

Build wide, the depth will come.

I refuse to help people in my downline that practice downline stacking.  You should make your downline aware of this immediately and strongly discourage it.

Steve Farber
Lake Charles, LA

Steve Farber
Lake Charles, Louisiana
SSmith

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2005, 09:22:12 AM »

I was in your neck of the woods just two weeks ago.  I came over the bridge on my way to MS and stopped at the beach for the sole purpose of  leaving fliers and business cards.  My toy Poodle chased the ducks and the kids got their feet wet.  What a beautiful area you have there. 

Now to the business at hand.

Is it true that one member can have up to 5 Domains on one Account?  These Domains can each market for the one Account.   Does my sponsor collect a commission on all 5 Domains or on just the one account?

I've got 3 Domains, a 4th for a college student as a job/present, and thinking of getting a 5th for my daughter.    The College student is on my first line.  Please tell me thats not stacking.  I want my Upline to think of me as an asset, not a liability.

Sherri
JNapier

Living by Faith! One day at a time!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2005, 09:08:31 PM »

Your sponsor will collect on all 5 domains.
All my best,
Norma

Living by Faith,
one day at a time!
Kyra Tuey

Don't just be in it for now, be in it for LIFE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2005, 06:29:01 AM »

Sherri,

That's not considered stacking. Stacking would be having 5 different accounts...not domains. Like say you sign up your husband under you on your 2nd level & then you sign up your mom on your 3rd level.....that's what Steve is talking about.

What you're doing is just registering new domain names under your same account. Your sponsor will receive commission on all domains registered in your account.

Hope that helps!  Cheesy

Kyra

Thanks,
Kyra
Rhonda D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2005, 12:06:13 PM »

So is it not a good idea to have your spouse sign up under you at all?  I guess I'm missing something ... sorry I'm tired.

Rhonda D

"Everything's impossible ... 'til it ain't."
SSmith

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2005, 03:26:02 PM »

Thank you to you all.

Sherri
Steve_Farber

Carpe Diem (Seize the Day)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2005, 10:52:26 PM »

I'll reply to a couple of posts with this one:

Sherri - Glad you had a good time in Lake Charles, and Kyra's answer is correct.

Like I said in my post the ONLY person that really benefits is the person doing the stacking

I understand it's your business and you can do what you want, but like my mom used to say, "It's all fun until someone gets hurt".  That someone could be YOU if you don't make your downline aware that this is a bad practice that should be avoided at all costs.  Not to mention it's "unofficially unethical".

EXAMPLE:
If someone on your 3rd level signs up their spouse under them (on your 4th level) and then build under them, you just lost 1 whole level of potential earnings.

What if they sign-up their child under their spouse and started building? That would put them completely out of your 5 level organization.  You just lost 2 levels of potential earnings.

...and that hurts!

Steve

Steve Farber
Lake Charles, Louisiana
EOriol

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2005, 08:10:36 PM »

Thank you all for your GREAT suggestions i will revise and take in considerations your thoughts and opinions!!!! Grin
HowardMartell

"Repetition is the mother of all Skills"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2005, 09:37:30 PM »

Hello everyone,

I wanted to thank Marvin Drobes for another awesome training call this idea he mentioned to us on this call and on the internet.

Checklist for each of your business builders

1. Committment
2. Ask them what do they think the business can do for them?
3. Familar them with the product and services quick tour ect
4. Prospect List
5. Make sure to tell them about one of the companies training and keep each member accountable to their sponsor.
6. Recommend a book on the industry of network marketing
7. Help those members who never felt comfortable talking via the phone
8. Help them learn how to do  a presentation
9. Business Cards make sure they know were to get them and have the readily available on you, in your car, and in your pockets.
10. Find a good mentor or mastermind group and keep each other accountable.

Finally leaders aren't born overnight in the business world we have all had someone at one time who has helped us along the way.
Use the years of knowledge around you and don't be afraid to ask questions.

God Bless lets rock into 2006 and beyond

Howard Martell Hawaii Leadership
ChrisAdamson

Show me the Smurfs!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2005, 09:45:34 PM »

Howard,

Great post, thanks for sharing it! I didnt get the chance to catch the training call.
Doug Mann

Making every day count!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2005, 09:17:46 PM »

Oh, that's too bad you missed it Chris...and anyone else!  It was some GREAT training AGAIN!  Marvin is a super leader with a lot of experience and he openly shares it with all who desire success.  Marvin and Chip are going to light the GDI world on fire when the .WS Internet Show goes LIVE again on Sept. 11th, 2005 at noon PST.  You will NOT want to let this slip by you!

Also, Marvin, and others that are teaming with him, will be announcing some exciting business-building tools in the very near future, so you will want to be on his training calls to get all the details FIRST.

I have learned one thing for sure in my time in Network Marketing...if you are going to be a leader (and this really goes for any business), then you must be constantly developing your skills.  You MUST be continually feeding your belief system -- building knowledge, confidence, and posture.  On Marvin's calls, we get to learn from Marvin, but we also get to learn from other up-and-coming leaders.  It's the place to be!

- Doug

P.S. You'll want to download the "Conference" software from his web site, so that you can be in the online conference room.  Marvin is LIVE on the phone at the same time he's in the online conference room; however, when the phone call ends, the online conference continues and that's where you get "the real meat."  Smiley

Success isn't a secret, it's formula.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: