April 25, 2024, 01:54:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Team Questions/Suggestions  (Read 73296 times)
Eva Browne-Paterson

View Profile WWW
« on: May 25, 2005, 11:45:45 PM »

Hello there

I'm just pasting in an article that I wrote a while back that could be helpful to some of you. Enjoy!

---
HOW TO BUILD YOUR BUSINESS BY SERVICING YOUR DOWNLILNE
© by Eva Browne-Paterson -

Before you decide that your membership to an affiliate program should be cancelled because you're "not doing any good", here are eight simple steps to utilise to build your business by helping your downline build their business. Give it one more month and see the difference it can make.

1) Email your downline once every week
By sending one email per week, you will be giving your downline a chance to get to know you and to build a trusting relationship. Always identify yourself and the program as some downline mailing systems don't show this and most people belong to more than one program. Remember, as their sponsor, it is your responsibility to provide a service to them and be there when they need you.

2) Make sure they know you are there to help
Let them know in clear statements that you're quite happy to help them in any way they need it. Eg. "I'm always here to help you."

3) Let them know what works for you
Share the ideas and method you utilise yourself that work. Eg. "I used this ad and received a great response! Why don't you try it? Here is the ad copy."

4) Don't focus on upgrading
Your downline doesn't want to hear your suggestions about upgrading. They want to hear how to build their business first. Once they build up their business, the next natural step for them is to upgrade, without your prompting. Focus on building their business instead of upgrading. (I know this doesn't quite apply in GDI, but it's useful nevertheless).

5) Provide value
Give them something of value to use in their promotions with each email. Eg. "Here's a splash page that you can download and use" or "Here is a follow-up series you can copy and paste into an auto-responder." Make sure you provide full instructions. It's safe to assume that they're a newbie - even if they aren't. It will be easier for them to understand and you won't receive as many emails asking more questions that you could have answered in your instructions.

6) Provide Encouragement & Recognition
Make sure you give your downline who progress another level or reach a certain goal a public pat on the back. They deserve it and it's encouraging for the other members of your downline. Keep encouraging them. Eg. "Keep promoting consistently and you will succeed."

7) Always be yourself and leave out the hype
These are real people you're talking to. Leave the hype for the ad copy and speak to them honestly like you would a friend. Never be negative about the program! If there is something that needs fixing, turn it into a positive by suggesting a workaround. ;~)

Cool Don't brag
It's okay to tell your downline that you're doing well and they can be too - just don't say "I've made $600 this week, how are you doing?" It can be a real turnoff... especially when someone has only just joined a program and hasn't had a chance to start promoting.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 04:27:09 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged

Isn't It Time You Automated Your Advertising?
=> http://www.ezines-r-us.com/autopilotadvertising
J.Grandstaff

"It's think and grow rich not work and grow rich."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 08:19:23 AM »

Hi Eva Browne-Paterson,

Great article and very true  Grin

To Our Success in GDI!

James & Trinette Grandstaff
Bill Daniel

Internet/network marketer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 03:50:14 AM »

Dear EVA

Great article! Loved it also.

BILL DANIEL

Learn to be Great, Teach to be Great, All will be Great.

personal motto I live by

Bill Daniel
Roxanne G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 06:58:53 AM »

When you advertise or talk to people about GDI, stress that there is a FREE support system and follow through with that.  Send weekly (daily to new people) emails offering help and advice.  Tell them what is working for you and what is not working and ask them to let you know what may be working or not working for them so you can pass that information along to everyone.  Make sure you give them specific hours you are available via phone to them and let them know they can email you anytime. 

Make sure they know how to get to this board in case you aren't available and they need something right then.  Encourage them to contact their upline (offer to three way them if need be) and they will have more people to contact for help. 

I would suggest getting ICQ or yahoo IM and making sure they know your ID and have them sign up also.  This is great for quick questions and to stay in contact. 

Have a great day, after all, today is the first day of the rest of your life!!

Roxanne
Willie Earnest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 03:30:43 AM »

Hi Eva,
Super Information, Keep up the Great Work!!

Will Earnest
SandraC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 10:48:20 AM »

There are some awesome people in this cmpany, what a great post, thank you Eva.
If I do not succeed at GDI i am going to give myself a good slap Grin
Eva Browne-Paterson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 02:55:17 AM »

Thanks all!  Kiss

Cheers
Eva

Isn't It Time You Automated Your Advertising?
=> http://www.ezines-r-us.com/autopilotadvertising
Frank_Bauer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 05:14:31 AM »

Hi Eva,

I like your article... like I said in the interview with Chip... you are the article expert.   Grin

One technique I use is to promote GDI on my "404 - Page not found" pages.

On that page I actually mention figures... would that be in your opinion a turnoff?  My intention is to show that GDI in fact does pay commissions.

What are the opinions of anybody else reading this?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 05:17:20 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
Gerald Gray

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 12:43:36 PM »

Undecided Where can you go to send your downline an e-mail weekly?  Or does it have to done one by one?  Plus witch is better

Gerald Gray
oldmangray.ws
gdi
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2005, 11:05:42 AM »

Very good advice...all about prompt, sincere and focused communications on a regular basis.

Chip
Werner_K

Sailor Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 09:33:51 AM »

to contact your downline, you do NOT have to do this "one by one".
Simply go to your 'Member Site',click on to the left side bar 'Downline'.
On the upper portion it says: Contact your Downline-
Type in your message in the square below,scoll down, SEND!   BINGO!
I do it once a week,reminding People of the upcoming Conference Call,( doubling up on
GDI's reminder)and also congratulating Downliners on the good  job they are doing when they
have a new member sign up.
People love being recognized!

Keep on truckin',Gerald
Sincerely, Werner Kindor, San Pedro, Ca

Werner H Kindor
RDavid

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2005, 08:52:32 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie and have been enjoying all the feedback, indeas and inspiration I get
from this forum. This is great!

Roxanne G thanks for the excellent suggestions. Also when I joined
GDI most everyone on my upline team contacted me, either by email or phone.
That really made a big impression on me. Hence team support is a must
with any networking business.

RD
California
Christos Apostolides

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2005, 10:13:41 AM »

Hi everybody  Smiley
I am with GDi for three months now and slowly slowly my downline is growing ,
I am moving all new members under existing ones ,but the last month i cannnot
move them below my first level ! Is this normal?
I do remember being able to move them at any level i wanted, has something changed?

Thanks a lot
Christos Apostolides
gdi
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2005, 10:14:20 AM »

Currently, the move function is just to your first level.

Chip
Christos Apostolides

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2005, 11:36:35 AM »

Thanks Chip Smiley

That was really quick!!  Shocked

Any specific reason for this change?

Christos
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: