March 28, 2024, 01:08:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Contacting/convincing "traditional" small business owners  (Read 8418 times)
Charles Karolewski

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2006, 12:56:23 PM »

Yes I am a "newbie", and maybe there's more info (somewhere in the "forum") than what I have so-far found, but . . . .

I believe that many "traditional" small business owners would be interested in an internet "presence", and could be attracted to GDI. However, our presentations are formulated to hi-lite the work-at-home aspects of our business.

How do WE convince a traditional, "neighborhood", small business owner  - your local plumber, electrician, etc - that what we offer is not "just" another network marketing/MLM business, but rather something HE could use . . . and, by the way, could ALSO generate additional income . . . if he so chooses?
How do we de-emphasize the money-making aspect of GDI while emphasizing other aspects?

I've raised some interest with some local businesses, but once they view the presentation, or even "just" the info/testimonial pages, they have all, so far, commented "no thanx, that's not what I thought it was".

Suggestions?

Charlie K
Katie V

Dream BIG!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 04:23:20 PM »

I. too, am new & interested in directing traffic to a site that is not so geared to money making opportunity but that would have that link if interested. I would like to see a site that is more in tune w/ personal use for individuals/small business at the ready for us to use as opposed to having to create one using site builder. ((TOO MUCH at first for us new users (especially to online marketing) still trying to get our feet wet & learn "the lingo" of creating websites, autoresponders, marketing, etc.  Roll Eyes))

This would help us get right into it, without having to answers objections, etc to "I don't want to sell it, just want it for my own use..." Any help anyone?

By the way, thoroughly enjoy the forum...I spend LOTS of time reading & looking at everyone's websites....some are really AWESOME!!

Katie

"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."     --Albert Pine
AlanZ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 06:01:15 PM »

Hi Everyone:

I wouldn't try to convince anyone of anything.  If I have to convince someone to join, then I will have to
convince that person to work.  It is not worth my time or effort.  All I want from anyone is to see the
GDI Flash Presentation.  That's it.  Either a light bulb goes off or it does not.  All I have done from day
one is to get people to see the flash presentation.

Regarding "online presence,"  best thing for any business is for a person to be themselves.  That's it.  I promote
me (Alan Zibluk aka "The Internet Guy").  That's it.  I don't promote GDI but I promote me and by promoting
me, I am building GDI.  People actually call me.

To go along with a popular phrase, "I am keeping it real."

The biggest mistake I see people making is that they are trying to be someone else.  Just be you.

Alan
Matthew Green

"Stop thinking about it, Start doing it"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 04:37:16 AM »

Alan,

I agree with you wholeheartedly...

I am a very helpful and supportive person by nature, would be a lousy Youth Worker otherwise, but...
I am a brilliant Youth Worker...

I use the same me to be successful online..

People do not want to be SOLD anything online, people want to be helped to achieve whatever it is that they are trying to achieve...
The thing is, if you publicly help this person, i.e in a forum... Everyone who reads your post from that point on will see you as a Helpful and Nice person, better that than being seen as a DESPERATE SALES PERSON..

I am a member of GDI, but I do not Promote GDI very much...  What I do is promote ME...  I show the whole world that I am confident and know what I am doing, I am successful and I am more than willing and able to show you how I do what I do...

Trust me when I tell you that people are reading a helpful POST in a FORUM somewhere and are thinking about contacting me for support...  By the end of the week that same person will have noticed my Avatar, Signature and Helpful Words all over the place and they will take enough comfort in my reputation to join my TEAM, SAFE IN THE KNOWLEDGE THAT I can help them....

Regards,

Regards,
Matthew Green

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 04:37:16 AM »

I. too, am new & interested in directing traffic to a site that is not so geared to money making opportunity but that would have that link if interested. I would like to see a site that is more in tune w/ personal use for individuals/small business at the ready for us to use as opposed to having to create one using site builder. ((TOO MUCH at first for us new users (especially to online marketing) still trying to get our feet wet & learn "the lingo" of creating websites, autoresponders, marketing, etc.  Roll Eyes))

This would help us get right into it, without having to answers objections, etc to "I don't want to sell it, just want it for my own use..." Any help anyone?

By the way, thoroughly enjoy the forum...I spend LOTS of time reading & looking at everyone's websites....some are really AWESOME!!
Hello Charlie,

If you have a potential client who does not want to promote GDI but want the service, brilliant.. $1 a month for you forever...

If you are confronted with a client who wants a Website but is not capable of building their own site and Sitebuilder is too restricting for their needs..  I have been in a similar situation on 2 occasions...
The first time I was not prepared, suggested i could help them to construct  site and.... well there was no and because they backed out...
The second time I suggested that they visited the links page on my Website to see if a Package of Website Templates designed to meet all regular needs would help them to achieve their GOALS...  I secured a NEW CLIENT with GDI and I also sold the Web Design Templates for $5....

As you progress with GDI you will have to deal with the same hurdles time and time again so it makes perfect sense to compile the solutions....  Whenever you have the same issue, use the same remedy...

If it is not broken....

Regards,

p.s Charlie what did you think about the info RE: HIT ??

Regards,
Matthew Green

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 02:48:19 PM »

Hi Charlie,

There are different links available that you can use to promote GDI in different ways to Different people... such as
www. website .s / your ID / host.

If you use the search facility in the forum you will find other people that have posted a list, just for you.

Regards,
S_Proescholdt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 05:26:00 PM »

I used the website build it to quickly throw up a website for my husband to present to his boss.  And it has caught his attention and has him asking all the questions.  It is simple, and a bit tacky, but a quick example of how fast and easy it is to have your own website up and control it yourself.  I never  mention the money making aspect at all. 

And even though his boss can not stand paying for anything that he does not think he needs, he is asking some good questions as to how this is different than what he already has going on for himself.  And I have some good answers.   

If you want to view it... it is at   www.family-unity.ws , which is my husbands site.  My husband told me that all he will commit to is getting about 50 small business around our area and I think that personalizing a website to present to your target shows that you have put a bit of heart into it. So that is what I will be doing with his website when he tells me about the company that he wants to target, I gather the information about that company and gear the website towards their possible needs.

Just started so I will have to see how it goes....just an idea

Good luck all!

Keep your Mind out of Things
And Things out of your Mind
Just Do It With Love
C_Smith

Success Starts With Your Action Today

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 02:56:04 PM »

this is the link that you want to use to show "traditional" small businesses...

it has none of the business opportunity presentation...

http://www.website.ws/kvmlm2/hosting.dhtml?sponsor=your_username

(Remember to replace "your_username" with your username in the link...

miracles and blessings...
sJea...

Think Rich.  Take Action.  Stay Encouraged.  Live Brave.  Love Life.
BudFarrell

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 12:59:45 PM »

The link has changed once again
Now it is 2 miles long,  but this page has links to company info, products, opportunity, Q&A, and of course, Sign Up

http://website.ws/kvmlm2/st_index.dhtml?src=FRDL&cookie_id=148107714257889955264363113960104266496&sponsor="USERNAME"&page=st_textf_company&language=english

Hope this helps
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 01:02:15 PM by ChipSnyder » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: