March 28, 2024, 03:06:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with WOT reputation details linking from Facebook !!!  (Read 5472 times)
Egon Sorensen

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2011, 09:04:11 AM »

Hi fellow GDI'ers.

I was wondering if any of you have had the same expericence as I have.
When I click on the the 'I like' button on my GDI webpage (freedom.ws) - the page is added to my facebook profile, but clicking on the link I get:

freedom.ws
WOT users who have rated this site didn't find it trustworthy.

This IS A PROBLEM GUYS/GIRLS/A.I./???
All the ratings are in the poor area, so imho this is VERY BAD.

Is it facebook who is screwing with us, not wanting competition - or is this really a sucky sucky service?
(No persons in my downline yet, but I've been busy with my Unified Field Theory --> thedane.ws --> thedane.dk)

Looking forward to hearing from others who have had success here, otherwise I'll stop this little niche after 6+ months of 'negative growth' :-|

Best regards,
TheDane - www.thedane.ws

SDBoltsFan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 10:16:53 AM »

Hi fellow GDI'ers.

I was wondering if any of you have had the same expericence as I have.
When I click on the the 'I like' button on my GDI webpage (freedom.ws) - the page is added to my facebook profile, but clicking on the link I get:

freedom.ws
WOT users who have rated this site didn't find it trustworthy.

This IS A PROBLEM GUYS/GIRLS/A.I./???
All the ratings are in the poor area, so imho this is VERY BAD.

Is it facebook who is screwing with us, not wanting competition - or is this really a sucky sucky service?
(No persons in my downline yet, but I've been busy with my Unified Field Theory --> thedane.ws --> thedane.dk)

Looking forward to hearing from others who have had success here, otherwise I'll stop this little niche after 6+ months of 'negative growth' :-|

Best regards,
TheDane - www.thedane.ws

Hello Egon,

Keep in mind that WOT is an optional plugin not only for Facebook but for several internet browsers as well. The results are user driven and obtained a by a single like or dislike click of a button. How accurate the ratings are?...that's up for debate. Here is a link to a list of reviews for WOT from FireFox users: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/wot-safe-browsing-tool/reviews/. As you can see, the reviews for the plugin are mixed. As with anything on the web we suggest every user use caution when using programs they are unfamiliar with.

As far as the reviews for Freedom.ws, here is the link to the WOT results page: http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/freedom.ws#page-1. All of the ratings are not bad, if you scroll through the pages you will see that there are several good ratings.

Here are the results for our main corporate website as well: http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/website.ws. These have a better rating according to WOT. 

Unfortunately a downside of results that are based solely on user driven feedback is that there is room for error. Take for example one of the suggestions WOT gives on what to do in order to increase your website's reputation:

http://www.mywot.com/en/trustseal/tips

"You can also ask your friends and customers to rate the site. In order to rate sites you need the WOT add-on. To comment on scorecards and post on our forum, registration is required."

What's to stop an unethical website from abusing this, creating fake users, and obtaining a good rating? Or a website with good ratings having their reputation being brought down by bad ratings from unethical/fake/fraudulent users?

We are always working on maintaining a good reputation on the web. We can assure you that we will look into this further and see what other options are available and possible to bring our reputation up with WOT. Rest assure that all of our company's official websites are safe to use. 

Amauri
GDI Forum Support
Egon Sorensen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 02:51:51 PM »

Hello Amauri,

Thank you for your quick reply.
I do not use the WOT reputation plug-in myself, so it must be facebook that uses it generally.

I investigated a bit further - and found that facebook removes the referrer name when clicking on the 'ignore this warning' button, which could be the reason for my low (0) sign-up's from facebook.
So, there might be something about the fact that facebook states that freedom.ws is a potential threat to their partners: "Linket du prøver at besøge er blevet betragtet som potentielt fornærmende af Facebook partnere. " - they're simply afraid of competition  Grin

Best regards,
Egon - TheDane.ws & .dk
Elva S

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 09:57:46 AM »

No I  have not had any problem with my site. However, I am not using GDI site to do my promotion. My team has a sales page that is working very well and I am now having signup. If you would like to know you can send me an e-mail.

Egon Sorensen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 08:44:31 AM »

Elva - great to hear.

I'll be doing some marketing myself in a short while (I sent for some verified leads, and will try to see if there's any luck doing that)

Thanks in advance for any hints - let's make this a great opportunity: Webhosting with affiliation --> potential 'negative cost' webhosting for life :-)
M Faulkner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 09:32:08 AM »

No I  have not had any problem with my site. However, I am not using GDI site to do my promotion. My team has a sales page that is working very well and I am now having signup. If you would like to know you can send me an e-mail.

Elva, How are you doing your promotions, I'm just getting started and in need of help.
What is working for you.
Thank you, M Faulkner
WilliamAmis

It's only about, what you determined as success!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 11:18:41 AM »

Elva, that sounds wonderful creating a sales page for new sign-ups. How is the retention rate?

"Semper Fidelis - Always Faithful"

"All Is Well" Together We Will Make It!
William E. Amis,Jr.III
(888) 888-9802 ext. 75152
24hr request for support http://www.vcita.com/william.amis?
(Hands On Trainning)
williamamis@amisinteractivecommunities.ws
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: